Earn unlimited 3% cash back rewards on dining and a $100 signup bonus with this no-annual-fee credit card.
- Get this card if … you want cash back on dining out and no annual fee.
- Pick something else if … you don’t eat out often or want a card with an intro APR offer.
- Excellent credit score of 750 to 850 recommended.
The Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card is packed with features. Get 3% cash back on every dollar you spend eating out, 2% on groceries and 1% on everything else. And there is no annual fee for the life of the card.
|Product Name||Capital One® Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 9 months|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.74%, 20.74% or 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.74%, 20.74% or 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.74% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Excellent (740+)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
The Premier Dining Rewards card from Capital One is a rewards card that offers 3% cash back on dining, 2% cash back on grocery bills and 1% cash back and all other purchases. You won’t pay an ongoing annual fee, and overseas travelers can further save with foreign transaction fees.
Your card’s 15.74%, 20.74% or 24.49% variable APR depends on your creditworthiness. However, you can avoid interest payments on purchases by paying your account balance in full every month.
Make the most of this Capital One credit card when you dine out frequently, whether at three-star Michelin restaurants, fast food joints, nightclubs, bars or coffee shops. Using the card to pay for groceries comes with better-than-usual cash back rewards as well.
- Rewards program. Earn 3% cash back on dining, 2% cash back on groceries and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Signup bonus. Receive a one-time $100 cash bonus if you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months after membership enrollment.
- $0 p.a. annual fee. You won’t pay annual fees for the life of the card.
- Cash back options. Get cash back in the form of a check or a statement credit with the option to redeem credits for previous purchases or gift cards. Set up automatic redemption by time period or when accumulated credits reach preset thresholds.
- foreign transaction fees. Pay no foreign transaction fees when you use this card overseas.
- World Elite Mastercard Benefits. Get travel upgrades, travel protection, price protection, extended warranties and access to complimentary concierge and identity-theft resolution services.
- Protection. Receive personalized security alerts and $0 fraud liability.
What to watch out for
- Requires excellent credit. A credit score of 750 to 850 is recommended.
- High cash advance APR. You’ll pay a fee and 24.74% variable APR from the moment you receive a cash advance.
- No intro APR. This card does not come with a lower APR on purchases or balance transfers.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What should I know before applying?
Apply for the Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card if:
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You’re a permanent resident of the U.S.
- You have not applied for a Capital One credit card twice in the past 30 days.
What credit score should I have?
An excellent credit rating of 750 to 850 will increase the chances of your application’s approval.
How do I apply for the Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card?
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Visit the Capital One Premier Dining Rewards credit card page and click “Apply Now.” You’ll need to provide details that include:
- Your full name, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your residential address, email address and phone number.
- Your bank account details.
- Your employment status and annual income.
- Your monthly rent or mortgage.
How long will it take for me to be approved?
Capital One processes your application online and will notify you within 60 seconds if it immediately declines your application. In some cases Capital One may require further information before it approves or denies your application. Otherwise, you’ll typically receive a letter with your approval status in 7 to 10 business days. If your application is denied, you will also receive notification in the mail explaining why you did not qualify.
I received the card – now what?
- Keep track of your spending. Register with Capital One to monitor your spending and payments online.
- Keep interest in check. Pay your account balance in full each month to avoid paying interest on purchases. Cash advances attract interest from the date you receive your funds, so you’ll want to prioritize paying them off as soon as possible.
- Avoid late fees. Late fees of up to $35 apply if your monthly payment is delayed.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, call or email Capital One.
The Capital One Premier Dining Rewards Credit Card could pay off if you dine out regularly and want to avoid foreign transaction fees.
If you’re looking for a rewards card that comes with an intro APR offer or doesn’t require excellent credit, compare other cards that might better meet your needs.