Enjoy multiple transfer options, competitive exchange rates and affordable fees when you send money to India from the United States with Remit2India
Remit2India, a subsidiary of TimesofMoney, has offered dedicated money transfer services to India since February 2001. While many providers specialise in offering funds transfers around the world, Remit2India specialises in sending funds to India. With support for 10 currencies (including US Dollars) and the ability to send money from 24 countries, Remit2India makes it easy to get your funds to your recipient in India.
With competitive exchange rates and minimal fees, Remit2India transfers are affordable and secure. Customer support is also provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that help is available when you need it.
Remit2India exchange rates
Remit2India offers competitive exchange rates for international money transfers to India. These rates are updated throughout the day in line with global markets — as the market fluctuates regularly, the rate that applies to your transaction could differ from the rate displayed when you place your transfer. To view the current exchange rates available from Remit2India, use the Online Exchange Rate Calculator on the company’s website.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Remit2India?
The fees that apply to your Remit2India transfer from the United States vary depending on the amount you send.
The following fees apply:
- Transfers of $50-$500 attract a $3 fee
- Transfers of $501-$1,000 attract a $5 fee
- Transfers of $1,001-$10,000 attract a $9 fee
- Transfers of $10,001-$25,000 attract a $15 fee
- Transfers of $25,001-$50,000 attract a $20 fee
- Transfers of $50,001 and above will incur a $25 fee
It’s worth keeping in mind that fees change depending on where you send your money from. For example, transfers from the UK of between £50 and £700 attract a £3 fee. Transfers from £751-£3,500 attract a £5 fee, while the fee rises for higher transfer amounts.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The minimum amount you can transfer from the United States to India through Remit2India is $50. In addition to the US Dollar, other supported currencies include the Euro, British Pound, Canadian Dollar and Australian Dollar.
Remit2India allows transfers to India from the following countries:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
What types of transfers can you carry out with Remit2India?
Remit2India allows you to carry out the following types of transfers:
- ACH transfers. Send money from your bank account through the Automated Clearing House network.
- Wire transfers. International wire transfers offer a secure money transfer method and can be processed within two days.
- Online transfers. Send your money online from your bank account to your recipient’s bank account in India.
- Check transfers. Remit2India can also convert checks into Indian Rupees and send your funds to your recipient in India.
If you need assistance, Remit2India’s customer service team is available via phone and email 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A handly online FAQ section is also provided on the company’s website.
The registration and transfer process
The first step when performing an international money transfer with Remit2India is to sign up for an account. This is a simple process which involves providing your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, proof of identity and linked bank account details.
Once you have an account, you can enter details about your recipient, including their name and bank account details, as well as the amount of money you wish to send. Choose your transfer method and then submit your transaction – ACH transfers are processed within six working days and wire transfers can be processed within one working day.
Pros and cons of using Remit2India
- Experts. Remit2India focuses solely on handling international money transfers to India, so you can be confident the company knows how to help you get the most out of your transfer.
- Customer service. Remit2India offers 24/7 customer support so that you can receive assistance with a transaction should you require it.
- Competitive exchange rates. Perform a quick online comparison of Remit2India’s exchange rates to see how they stack up against those offered by your bank and other money transfer providers.
- India only. Remit2India only allows you to send funds to India, not to any other countries around the world.
Frequently asked questions about Remit2India
What does ACH stand for?
ACH stands for Automatic Clearing House which refers to an electronic funds transfer network that connects all US financial institutions.
How long will it take for my money to arrive to my recipient?
ACH transfers take up to six working days to arrive, while wire transfers can be processed within one working day.
Which currencies are available to send funds to India?
Along with the US Dollar, you can send funds through Remit2India in the following currencies: Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen, Singapore Dollar, Euro, UAE Dirham, New Zealand Dollar and Hong Kong Dollar.
How can I keep up to date with the status of my Remit2India transfer?
Remit2India provides email updates and reminders to keep you informed regarding the progress of your transfer, as well as instant mobile alerts when any status update occurs. You can also use your Remittance Transaction Reference Number to check the status of your transfer.
Do I need to open a special bank account to use Remit2India’s services?
No. Remit2India works with your existing US bank account. However, you will need to provide your personal and contact details in order to register with Remit2India.
What currencies can be sent via ACH transfer?
As the ACH system only operates in the US, you can only send US Dollars via this transfer method.
Remit2India offers a competitive and affordable service when you need to transfer money from the United States to India. Just make sure you compare a range of transfer providers before you decide which one is right for you.