A card that offers the convenience of debit transactions and bill pay.
If you’re looking for a debit card without a credit check, the Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card is an option. It’s accepted at most locations and offers the convenience of debit transactions and electronic bill pay. But look out for fees on nearly every transaction.
|Product Name||READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card review
If you’re looking for the convenience of a card without a credit check, look into the READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card. It’s not a credit card, loan or cash advance. Rather it’s a prepaid card designed for those who make only a few purchases each month. Every transaction comes with a $1 fee, but you can load your card for free through direct deposit and third-party money transfers. And you can use it anywhere that Visa’s accepted.
Before applying for the READYdebit card, carefully read the cardholder agreement to understand the fees you face in using it. On top of purchase fees, you’ll find fees for cash withdrawals, foreign transactions, inactivity and more.
Benefits of the READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card
- $0 p.a. monthly fee. Unlike the READYdebit Select card, this card comes with no monthly. There is, however, a $1 fee every time you make a payment with the card, making it better suited for those who make only few purchases monthly.
- No fee to load through direct deposits or transfers. Add funds to your card by directly depositing your paycheck or through third-party money transfers at no additional fee.
- No credit checks. Because the READYdebit card is a prepaid card, your credit scores is irrelevant.
- Wide acceptance. The READYdebit card is accepted most anywhere you shop. Just look for the Visa logo.
- Free bill pay. You get the added convenience of paying bills through your online account.
- Visa security. You’re not responsible for unauthorized transactions on your account if you notify READYdebit within two business days.
Features and fees of the READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card
- Easy preloading. To use the card, you’ll need to preload it with money to your account.
- Setup fee. When you load funds into your card for the first time, you pay a one-time $4.95 account setup fee.
- ATM withdrawals. When withdrawing money, you’re charged a $2.25 fee per transaction. If your transaction is declined at an ATM, you’re charged a fee of $1. Even inquiring about your balance at an ATM comes with a fee of $0.50.
- Card-to-card transfer. Easily move money among two READYdebit card.
- Purchase transaction fee. When you make a purchase that requires your signature, you’re charged a fee of $1. Same goes for purchases requiring a PIN.
- 24/7 account access. Manage your online account on your own time, and sign up for Mobile Text Alerts at no charge.
- Account inactivity fee. If you don’t use your card within 90 days, an inactivity fee of $4.95 per month kicks in.
- Miscellaneous fees. Other fees include a bank teller cash withdrawal fee equal to 3% of your transaction, a $9.95 bill pay expedited services fee, a$4.95 international ATM withdrawal fee and foreign transaction fees equal to 3% of your transaction in US dollars.
- $10,000 maximum balance. The maximum you can load onto your card is $10,000.
- Cash withdrawals. The maximum you can withdraw from your card is $500 daily at an ATMs or $1,000 daily with a bank teller.
How to apply for the READYdebit Visa Mint Control Prepaid Card
- You must be at least 18 years old.
Required documents and information
- Your full name and residential address
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- Government-issued ID