The ideal prepaid card for people who make many purchases each month.
Issued by MetaBank, the READYdebit Visa Select Prepaid Card is a card you can use anywhere that accepts Visa to stay on a budget and keep on track financially. It’s not a credit card, a loan or a cash advance.
This debit card is ideal if you make multiple purchases every month. And because you’re not actually borrowing money with this card, it comes with no late fees or interest charges.
|Product Name||READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card review
You won’t pay an activation fee to get started using the READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card. An alternative to a checking account, you load up this card with however much money you choose. You can manage your account online, even using online bill pay to send paper checks, if you need them. All of this for a $9.95 monthly maintenance fee.
Applying doesn’t require a credit check — simply provide your personal information for identification purposes. If you are successfully identified, you’ll find easy approval and instant access to a routing and account number.
What are the benefits of the READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card?
- Free direct deposits. Set up automatic paycheck or Social Security benefits deposits at no additional charge.
- Wide acceptance. Use this prepaid card anywhere that takes Visa, and withdraw cash from most ATMs.
- No late fees. Because you load the card up with however much money you think you’ll need, you won’t pay a monthly statement — which means no late fees.
- No setup fees. Pay nothing to set up your Select Visa Prepaid Card.
- Easy approval. Once your identification is successfully verified by READYdebit, you’ll find easy approval for this card.
How to use the card
- Load your money. Preload your card by direct deposit using the routing and account numbers that come with the approval. Load your cash at stores with Green Dot, MoneyPaks or Visa ReadyLink. Or transfer money from your bank account using ACH.
- Online convenience. Manage your account online, and easily pay bills electronically.
- Custom card design. Choose from pink, black or blue card designs online.
- Monthly maintenance fee. Pay $9.95 monthly to maintain your card, and pay no transaction fees.
- Maximum withdrawals. Withdraw up to $1,000 daily through a bank teller or up to $500 daily at an ATM.
- ATM withdrawals. You’ll pay $2.50 fee per transaction, $1 per ATM transaction decline and $1.50 per ATM balance inquiry.
- Secure. All of your deposits are FDIC insured for up to $250,000. US cards are covered by Visa’s Zero Liability, protecting you against fraudulent charges as long as you report them in two business days.
How to apply for a READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a US citizen or legal resident.
Required documents and information
- Full name and residential address
- Email address and phone number
- Social security number and date of birth
- In some cases, a copy of your driver’s license for verification
Compare other prepaid cards
If you’re looking for a prepaid card that doesn’t require a credit score, the READYdebit Select Visa Prepaid Card could help. But before choosing this card, compare the full range of your prepaid card options.