Radius Bank Tailored Checking review
Grow your small business with interest and unlimited transactions.
finder.com’s rating: 3.3 / 5.0
The Radius Bank Tailored Checking account is designed for small businesses. It offers interest, unlimited transactions with no penalties and no maintenance fee as long as you keep $5,000 in the account. But the account is online-only, so it’s not ideal for some business owners.
$10 per month
Minimum deposit to open
|APY||0.10% on balances of $5,000+|
|Fee||$10 per month|
|To waive the fee||No monthly maintenance fee with balances of $5,000 and up|
|Minimum deposit to open||$100|
|ATMs||More than 325,000 ATMs + unlimited ATM surcharge rebates|
|ATM transaction fee||$0|
|ATM fee rebates||Unlimited automatic ATM surcharge rebates for ATM fees other banks charge you|
|Out-of-network ATM fee||$0|
Heather Petty is a personal finance writer at Finder specializing in home loans, banking and insurance. After falling victim to a disreputable mortgage broker when buying her first home, she’s on a mission to help readers avoid similar experiences when managing their own finances. A self-proclaimed word nerd, her writing has been featured on MSN, Credit.com and MediaFeed.org, among others. Heather previously worked as a technical writer and editor for the casino systems industry and is an internationally published young adult mystery author. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English with a minor in journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
The Radius Bank Tailored Checking account is best for small businesses looking for an interest-bearing checking account. The account offers 0.1% APY on balances above $5,000 and unlimited free transactions.
But if you’re not in the Boston area, expect to do all of your banking online or over the phone.
How do I open a Radius Bank Tailored Checking account?
Follow the steps below to open your account online:
- Click Apply now.
- From the Radius Bank website and select Tailored Banking from under the Business tab, click Apply Online and then Apply Now.
- Enter your name, email, phone number and any special promotional code. Click Continue.
- Select your title and role within the company and enter the percent of the company that you own. Then enter your address.
- Enter your date of birth and Social Security number and select whether you’re an authorized signer or the control person for the account. Verify that you’re a US citizen and click Continue.
- Enter your company information. Click Continue.
- Select your current bank and then sign in to deposit $100. Optionally, you can choose to use your debit card to transfer funds instead.
- Submit your information to open the account.
You must meet the following requirements to sign up for a Tailored Checking account:
- US citizen or resident
- Valid Social Security number
- Valid bank account
- At least 18 years old
When you’re ready to open your account, have the following business information ready:
- Company’s legal name or DBA
- Valid EIN or tax ID
- Your company’s physical address
- Mailing address
Gather the following information for every person who owns 25% or more of your company:
- Percentage ownership
- Personal email address
- Mobile phone number
- Residential and mailing addresses
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
What are the benefits of a Radius Bank Tailored Checking account?
In addition to its mobile app, the Tailored Checking account offers:
- Interest earning. Earn 0.1% APY on balances of $5,000 or more.
- ATM rebates. Radius offers bank-paid rebates on ATM fees worldwide.
- Unlimited transactions. You won’t pay a dime or incur a penalty for going over a certain amount of monthly transactions.
What should I look out for?
Before you apply for an account with Radius Bank, keep the following in mind:
- No local bank branch. Radius only has one branch office in Boston, so anyone outside that area is forced to do all of their banking online.
- Balance requirements. If your balance falls below $5,000 your account no longer earns interest, and you’ll pay a $10 monthly maintenance fee.
- Required deposit. You’ll need to deposit at least $100 to open the account.
If you want a business checking account with more branches, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when considering a checking account.
Radius Tailored Checking ATM network and fees
Radius Bank ATMs are limited to the Boston area. But its relationship with NYCE, MoneyPass and SUM networks gives customers access to about 325,000 free ATMs around the US.
Radius offers unlimited reimbursements at the end of the month for any out-of-network ATM fees worldwide. However, it doesn’t cover international exchange fees.
Compare with other business checking accounts
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You have several options to deposit and withdraw your money with Radius Bank:
- Mobile check deposit
- Direct deposit
- Transfer from another bank account
- Wire transfer
- By cash or check at an ATM
- At an ATM
- Check addressed to yourself
- Transfers to other bank accounts
- Mobile wallet
- Mobile bill pay
- Mobile payments to individuals
- Wire transfer
What other checking options does Radius offer?
Tailored Checking is currently the only business account offered by Radius, but the following personal checking options are available:
- Rewards checking. A free checking account that earns interest on your standing balance and cashback rewards on everyday purchases.
- Superhero checking. Earn 0.5% APY on balances of $2,500 or more and donate your monthly matched interest amount and 1% of your total debit card purchases to the March of Dimes.
- Essential account checking. A second-chance account with built-in deposit and spending limits to help you rebuild your financial record.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.