Enjoy plenty of discounts, free perks and coverage designed just for bikers.
- Get a quote if you like free perks, discounts and cheap rates with great coverage.
- Pick something else if you’re interested in the best customer service.
- Ideal for any driver, including those who need classic bike coverage or an SR-22.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Pay schedule||12 months, 6 months|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
|Accident forgiveness||Yes (earned after 3 years with no accidents and 4 years of loyalty)|
- Low starting rates.
- Many free perks and cheap add-ons.
- Vintage and antique bike coverage.
- Average customer satisfaction.
What motorcycle insurance coverage does Progressive offer?
Progressive offers standard coverage aimed at protecting the necessities when you’re on the road.
- Bodily injury. Pays for damages to other drivers and passengers when you’re at fault for an accident. Also covers legal fees in court case situations.
- Property damage. Pays for damaged vehicles, fences, signs and other property related to a car accident.
- Collision. Covers the cost of repairs to your own motorcycle if you hit another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive. Protects against damage outside of accidents, like theft, vandalism, weather disasters and run-ins with animals.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist. Pays for property damages, medical bills and lost wages if an accident leaves you unable to work.
- Medical payments. Helps with your medical bills, no matter who’s at fault in an accident.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Progressive offer?
Progressive extends many free add-ons that other providers might charge you for.
- Small accident forgiveness. Minor bumps that cost Progressive less than $500 won’t raise your rates.
- Big accident forgiveness. If your rides are free of accidents for at least four years, your first accident won’t raise your premium — no matter how much the claim.
- Full replacement cost and no depreciation. Part of comprehensive and collision coverage, this protection covers the full value of your bike after a total-loss accident. And parts are replaced at the brand-new value, rather than a depreciated value.
- Accessories and custom parts. Progressive offers $3,000 in coverage for upgrades, accessories like helmets and customizations when your motorcycle is damaged in an accident. If needed, you can purchase a higher limit. This coverage comes with comprehensive and collision.
- OEM parts. Original equipment manufacturer parts are always replaced with other OEM parts during repairs. Likewise, custom parts are replaced with the same or better. This coverage comes with comprehensive and collision.
In addition to bonus coverage, the company offers add-ons that you can pay for to bolster your protection.
- Total loss coverage for a brand-new bike. If your bike is no more than a year old, you can opt for replacement coverage that provides the full MSRP for a brand-new bike after a total loss. Coverage is also available for two-year-old models if you’re renewing.
- Roadside assistance and trip interruption. Get help towing your motorcycle to a repair shop if you run into trouble on the road. And add trip interruption of up to $500 to cover food and lodging while you’re away from home.
- Carried contents coverage. Pays for damaged, lost or stolen belongings you pack with you on road trips, including phones and camping or hunting gear.
- Disappearing deductible. Progressive reduces your deductible by 25% each claims-free policy term. The deductible reverts after an accident.
- Enhanced injury protection. Cover income loss for personal injuries if you can’t work for up to two years. Progressive pays $250 each week you’re unable to work, plus $25,000 to beneficiaries if you die in an accident.
What discounts can I get with Progressive?
- Motorcycle endorsement. Get certified to drive a motorcycle with a dedicated motorcycle license or endorsement added to your driver’s license.
- Association member. Save by joining the Harley Owners Group or United Services Automobile Association.
- Responsible rider. Ride without any claims or violations for three years to shave money off your premium.
- Antilock brakes. Strengthen safety and lower your premium with antilock brakes on your motorcycle.
- Safety course. Complete an approved motorcycle course for a policy discount.
- Multipolicy or multivehicle. Bundle your homeowner’s, boat car or RV insurance with Progressive to see savings across your policies.
- Homeowner. Get a homeowner’s discount, even if your home isn’t insured by Progressive.
- New customer. Progressive rewards you for breaking off your policy with another provider.
- Quote in advance. Get a quote at least a day before your policy starts for added savings.
- Pay in full. Save by paying for your total premium up front, rather than monthly.
- Pay on time. Pay your bill on time for an automatic discount on your first policy with Progressive.
- Automatic bill pay. Set up autopay from your banking account, and get rewarded for convenience.
What types of motorcycles does Progressive cover?
Progressive covers most types of motorcycles. Talk to an agent if you don’t see yours listed below.
- Dirt bikes
- Vintage and antique bikes
- Customized motorcycles
- Sports and performance bikes
- Touring bikes
- ATVs and UTVs
- Enduro bikes
Pros and cons of Progressive motorcycle insurance
- 24/7 online claims. Report a claim by phone or online. And track the progress of your claim, even if you’re not a Progressive customer.
- Motorcycle-friendly add-ons. Progressive’s tailored coverage benefits bikers on the road. It also offers protection for the fun stuff, like customizations and accessories.
- No-cost benefits. Progressive offers helpful perks at no extra cost, and many come with comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Vintage and antique bike coverage. Cover the costs of your valued classic ride without fearing inevitable depreciation.
- Discounts galore. Get simple discounts for paying on time, driving responsibly and qualifying for a motorcycle license.
- Low rates. Progressive’s liability coverage starts at $75 a year — well below the average $200 to $500 that’s common for motorcycle insurance. Your premium depends on your motorcycle, driving history, location and coverage.
- Average overall customer satisfaction. Progressive stays smack dab in the middle of the pack in the J.D. Power 2018 US Auto Insurance Study. Keep in mind that the study is for automobiles as a whole, so your experience may vary.
How to apply for Progressive motorcycle insurance
Start online at the Progressive website:
- Go to Progressive’s motorcycle insurance page.
- Enter your ZIP code and select Motorcycle/ATV coverage. Click Get a quote.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, birthdate and mailing address. Click Okay, start my quote.
- Enter your motorcycle’s details, including its make and model or VIN number. Include your primary location as well as whether you’ll drive your bike off-road and own or lease it. Click Continue.
- Enter your driver information and finalize your application details.
- After viewing your personalized rates, continue your purchase with Progressive, signing applicable documents for coverage.
You can also call a Progressive agent at 855-347-3939 or visit a local agent in your area.
What info do I need to apply?
When applying for Progressive motorcycle insurance, you’ll need identifying, personal and financial information that includes:
- A valid motorcycle or driver’s license.
- Your home address.
- Driving records.
- The make, model and license plate number for your motorcycle.
- Banking details or a credit card to pay for your policy.
To find a local Progressive agent:
- Click Find an agent in the Get a Quote box on Progressive’s motorcycle insurance page.
- Enter your ZIP code and select Motorcycle from the Local insurance agents dropdown.
- You’ll see a list of agents and phone numbers near you, including a map pinpointing their locations. Click the agent or agency name to view the address on the map.
How to make a claim with Progressive
Progressive makes filing claims easy through three accessible ways:
- Phone. Start your claim with a representative at 800-776-4737.
- Online. Log in to your online account to enter your accident report.
- App. Submit a claim on the go from your smart device.
Alternatives to Progressive
Progressive offers a wide variety of motorcycle coverage, including coverage for customizations, special parts and personal belongings. And many discounts mean more opportunity to shave savings off your premium.
With so many providers competing for your business, compare your options for motorcycle insurance to find comprehensive coverage at the cheapest rates you’re eligible for.