Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card review
A decent cashback business card that lets you downgrade to no annual fee.
- Get this card if you want a straightforward unlimited cashback business card with a potentially high credit limit.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR or want bigger rewards on your purchases.
- Apply with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 2%
9.99% to 34.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
Like the standard version of the card, the Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card doesn’t offer much in the way of surprises otherwise, offering up to 20 free supplementary business cards, a credit limit ranging from $1,000 to $50,000 and other niceties like spend management tools. And the card’s “Premium” tag doesn’t affect the card’s APR range, which still ranges from 9.99% to 34.99% variable. While 9.99% is low for an APR, 34.99% is unusually high and terrible if you plan on carrying a balance.
How to apply for the Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card
There’s just one application for both of Capital on Tap’s credit cards. To apply for the Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card, you’ll need to make sure you select the “Premium” option when asked during the application process.
- Click Apply now.
- You’ll be redirected to the Capital on Tap application page. Click on Apply Now.
- Select your business type at the top of the application and fill out the requested information. Make sure to click “Premium” where applicable.
- When finished, click on the agreement boxes and click Submit.
To apply you’ll need to have a US registered company with more than three months trading history and an annual turnover of at least $30,000.
What credit score do I need?
To qualify for the Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card, you’ll need a good credit score of 670 or higher.
Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card benefits
- Flexible annual fee. You can choose to downgrade your card each year, forgoing the annual fee and additional 1% rewards increase that comes with it.
- Flat rewards. This card earns a flat 2% cashback rate on all purchases. This is a competitive rate for flat rewards.
- Employee cards. You can have up to 20 additional business cards at no cost.
- Spend management tools. Capital on Tap provides several finance management tools to help monitor employee spending.
What to watch out for
- Middling welcome offer. This card’s welcome offer of $199 is unimpressive, essentially wiping out the card’s annual fee for the year and nothing more. What’s more, you have to spend a whopping $15,000 to earn it.
- Potentially high APR. The APR on this card ranges from 9.99% to 34.99% variable, which is much higher than the industry standard.
- Only two payment options. You must either choose to pay your balance in full each month, or at least 10% of the minimum.
What do customers say about the Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card?
As of March 2021, Trustpilot reviews of Capital on Tap give the company a rating of 4.7 out of 5. Customer reviews commend the simplicity of the app and the excellent customer service. The company is not yet accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
Compare business credit cards
The Premium Capital on Tap Business Credit Card to stand out. While 2% cash back on all purchases is a powerful rate, there are other business cards on the market that offer similar rewards and more features for less cost. Check out our Capital on Tap Business Credit Card for a look at how it compares. And if you’re looking for more specific features or rewards, you can compare all business card options to find the one for you.