We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Pre-Black Friday sales 2019
Why wait for official sales to drop when you can start saving now?
The top pre-Black Friday sales
The online giant is known to launch live sales leading up to Black Friday that change daily. Browse through its Deals of the Day discounts and scoop up hot items fast, since these deals won’t last long.
The “Better than Black Friday Sale” is eBay’s early promotion. If you’re in the market for big-ticket items like TVs, computers and other tech items, don’t miss this presale. This online retailer just might beat out many of its top competitors with ultra-low prices well before the shopping holiday officially hits.
Some of the hottest early-bird discounts we’ve seen from eBay in the past have included:
- Samsung 32-inch Smart LED HD TV with Wi-Fi: $175 (Target’s price = $179)
- Ninja Coffee Bar bundle with recipe book: $82.99 (Target’s price = $99.99)
- Nest Thermostat E: $119.99 (Target’s price = $139)
- 1 carat 10K diamond studs: $349.99 (JCPenny’s price = $599)
Pre-Black Friday deals usually drop days before the big event, so hurry to its website or your local store for some early savings on just about everything.
Look for holiday savings that start well before Black Friday and continue straight through Cyber Monday. Just a few presale highlights from last year were:
- Four-piece kitchen suites, including refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher: Save around $1,500, depending on brand
- Instantly save $60 to $500 on appliances, depending on how many you buy
- Milwaukee M18 18-volt lithium-ion cordless combo tool kit: $549 (save $450)
- DEWALT 15-amp corded 12 in. sliding compound miter saw with bonus rolling stand: $399 (save $199)
Prices usually start dropping around November 19th, and usually running right through Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Look for doorbuster offers like free Google Home Minis when you make select purchases during the presale.
Appliances and tools are usually discounted the entire month of November, plus Lowe’s usually releases a Black Friday preview on Thanksgiving wee This is a great time to snap up last-minute holiday decor and home gadgets like the Nest thermostat, Ring doorbell and Google Home Mini.
This retailer really gets into the holiday spirit, offering several early bird and official Black Friday sales events. Last year, the official line-up was:
- November 15 to 20: Pre-Party Sale. Save 40% off your entire purchase, online and in store.
- November 15 to 18: Early Access Sale. Old Navy cardmembers get early access to savings, with 50% off their purchase when using their Old Navy credit card online and in stores.
- November 21 to 23: Official Black Friday Sale. Score 50% off your entire purchase, online and in stores, plus thousands of styles start at just $5.
- November 23 only: Cozy Socks One Dolla Holla. Cozy socks are $1, in-store only. Plus, Old Navy will donate $1 to Boys & Girls Clubs for every pair purchased, up to $1 million.
Pre-Black Friday discounts usually start around mid-November, so check for early deals on TVs, laptops, Galaxy smartphones and more. Note that some early deals won’t be released until closer to the main event, so browse through the sneak peeks on Samsung’s website to get the most bang for your holiday buck.
Score early savings on electronics at Microsoft starting in mid-November. Some of the biggest presale discounts from last year were:
- Surface laptop 2: Save up to $300
- Xbox One X: Save $100 plus bundle specials
- Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass: $1 for 1 month
If you’re shopping for Microsoft products at other retailers like Best Buy, it’s worth seeing if they’ll price match these deals.
As in years past, we expect Newegg to launch pre-Black Friday deals will change every day leading up to the big event, starting around November 19th.
GameStop’s Black Friday deals usually start a few days early and run straight through Cyber Monday. Most of the deals are expected to be similar to competitors’, but you’ll get the perk of being able to shop early at GameStop.
The stand-out deals from last year’s presale were:
- 1TB Xbox One Minecraft bundle: $199
- 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man bundle: $199
- PSVR bundle: $249
GameStop also offered a “30% whatever you can stuff in a bag” promo in the past. There are typically some exceptions, but this could be a fun and cheap way to shopping for lots of stocking stuffers.
New York & Company
Starting the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, this fashion brand’s early sale boasted up to 75% in savings on everything online and in stores last year. Expect official Black Friday doorbusters will kick off at 7 a.m. EST Thanksgiving Day.
Should I shop early or wait for Black Friday sales?
It depends on the item you’re looking for. Gaming consoles, for example, will likely be the same price now as they will be on Black Friday. Other big-ticket electronics like TVs, laptops and smartphones might keep dropping in price as the month progresses.
If you’re not sure, try searching for the retailer’s previous Black Friday offers on similar items to see if you want to hold out for Black Friday or snap up an amazing deal as soon as you see it.
Top Black Friday deals so far
Official Black Friday deals will continue to roll in over the next few days, so check back for the latest and greatest sales as we catch word.
Don't miss the latest Black Friday 2019 coupons
Apple sale event: Save on Apple products and accessories
Savings on iMacs, iPads, iPhones and more
Free shipping with $50 and over order
Advent Calendar now: $40
20% off first purchase with email sign up
Shop Apple devices and accessories now available at Amazon
Shop from the official Apple Store on Amazon and take advantage of your Prime benefits
Free shipping with orders of $150 and over
Up to 50% off select men's shoes
5% off everything with Target REDcard
Free shipping on all orders over $50
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert