It offers niche features for restaurants and retailers but no payment processing.Talech’s comprehensive point-of-sale (POS) software comes with a number of industry-exclusive features, including ticket printing for fast food restaurants, table layouts to manage dining seating and online customer reservations. But it doesn’t offer payment processing and only integrates with a handful of payment gateways.
- Choose this provider if you’re seeking POS software to help you run a restaurant or retail store.
- Consider something else if you want an all-in-one payment processor and POS solution.
Talech has niche POS offerings for different industries:
- Talech for Cafés. Talech POS for cafés features customer-facing displays, drink labels, timesheet reporting and more.
- Talech for Quick Service. Those running fast-food restaurants or quick-service businesses can benefit from Talech’s automatic order ticket printing, cash drawer management and timesheet reporting.
- Talech for Restaurants. Order, menu and table layout management features help restaurant owners streamline their service.
- Talech for Retail. Manage inventory, track employee hours and orchestrate easy customer returns with Talech’s retail POS features.
- Talech for Retail Premium. Talech builds on its retail POS options with multi-location support, advanced inventory management and detail-rich analytics on sales trends.
- Talech for Services. Take advantage of online customer booking, inventory tracking and staff scheduling options.
Talech’s POS systems come with a number of valuable features:
- Customer-facing display. Customize your customer-facing display with promotions and company branding.
- Kiosk mode. Turn your POS hardware into a self-serve kiosk for customers to create and pay for orders.
- Table management. Restaurants can set up floor plans with seating arrangements across multiple rooms.
- Product bundles. Group combinations of products at a set price for speedy checkouts.
- Inventory management. Track inventory in real-time and receive an alert when stock runs low.
- Timesheets. Set employee roles, manage employee hours, create overtime parameters and track hours.
- Gratuity reporting. Keep gratuity organized with a detailed report of earned tips for each server.
- Customer analytics. Analyze customer visits, purchases, preferences and in-house tabs.
What hardware is available?
Talech’s service is limited to POS software so it doesn't provide terminals or card readers. You'll need an iPad, iPad Air or iPad 2 to run Talech’s open POS software. The POS hardware you use depends on what’s available through the third-party Talech-approved payment processor you choose.
Talech pricing and fees
Talech offers four service tiers, each of which offers unlimited products, devices and employees. They also have a hefty suite of features. We've included the most important and popular ones.
See the full list of features for each plan on Talech's website by hitting the Go to site button at the top of the page.
How do I sign up with Talech?
The Talech signup process begins on its website:
- Go to Talech’s website and choose Free Demo.
- Enter your full name, email address and phone number.
- Hit Get Your Free Demo.
A Talech rep will be in touch within the next few business days to set up your account.
Pros and cons
- 24/7 tech support. Once you sign on with Talech, technical support is available around the clock.
- Multiple service tiers. Talech’s services scale in price and complexity to offer options for businesses both large and small.
- Feature-rich service. No matter which service tier you select, an abundant suite of helpful features is at your disposal.
- No payment processing. Since Talech’s software lacks payment processing, you'll need to seek a third-party provider before you can accept payments.
- Limited processing integration. Not only do you need to source a third-party payment processor, but you can only select from Talech’s list of compatible processors.
- No free trial. While Talech offers a free 30-minute service demo, it doesn't provide the opportunity to explore its offerings in depth.
What other products will I need?
Talech’s cloud-based POS software is robust but lacks integral links in the payment processing chain, including:
- Payment processing. Talech isn't equipped to process payments, so you'll need to apply for a payment processing account with a third-party provider.
- Merchant account. Your payment processor may offer merchant accounts, but if it doesn't, you'll need to apply for one before you can begin accepting customer payments.
- Checking account. Funds funneled through your merchant account need a final destination, so set up your business checking account for funds to be deposited
What is Talech?
Talech was founded in 2012 and offers POS software solutions from its headquarters in Palo Alto, California. It was recently acquired by U.S. Bank and supports over 8,000 restaurants.
Talech’s POS software is cloud-based and offers a number of specialized features geared toward restaurants, retailers and quick-service businesses.
Customer reviews and complaints
Talech isn't an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and receives a C rating for its failure to respond to a filed complaint.
While Talech feedback can't be sourced from the BBB or Trustpilot, customer comments left on third-party Talech reviews indicate problems with a number of the restaurant-oriented features that caused service delays. While tech support was prompt to respond, a working solution wasn't always immediately available. Positive feedback praises Talech’s software for its intuitive design and frequent software updates.
How do I contact Talech support?
Talech support can be reached by:
- Phone. Once you sign up, tech support is available 24 hours a day at 888-995-1998.
- Email. Reach out to customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org for a response within one business day.
- Live chat. Talech’s live chat feature is available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., PT.
Compare other POS providers
Talech’s niche restaurant and retail features help distinguish its POS offerings, but it can't process payments and only integrates with a handful of processors.
Review your POS options with additional providers before you make a decision.
Frequently asked questions
Which payment processors does Talech integrate with?
Talech is compatible with processors that use the following payment gateways: USAePay, PayPal, Virtual Merchant, EVCC (CreditCall), IMS or TriPOS.
Which countries is Talech available in?
As of this writing, Talech’s POS software is available to merchants in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Does Talech store customer card data on its servers?
No, Talech’s software doesn’t have access to this data as it’s encrypted through the transaction process.