SwipeSimple’s POS software is available through any of the merchant acquirers it partners with and includes the following:
- Payment processing. Though not a payment processor itself, its software allows you to accept swiped, dipped and tapped payments.
- POS app. Its most popular feature is compatible with both Android and iOS devices.
- POS hardware. Options include card readers, terminals and POS registers.
- Virtual terminal. Process transactions by keying in payment information through the SwipeSimple Dashboard.
How is SwipeSimple different from other merchant services providers?
Most point-of-sale providers offer integrated payment processing or allow you to select your own third-party processor.
Since SwipeSimple doesn’t provide payment processing and its systems are only available through its partners, your processing options are limited and there isn’t a clear pricing structure.
Keep reading to learn more about its features or skip ahead to compare POS systems you can purchase directly.
SwipeSimple features include sales analytics, employee management and cloud-based inventory management, alongside the following:
- Invoices. Send invoices, payment reminders and receipts by email.
- Set tip suggestions. Offer customers the option to add on tips, with suggested amounts or percentages.
- Discounts. Create customized discount rates or promotions.
- Payment scheduling. Schedule customer payments for upcoming appointments.
- Recurring payments. Nonprofits can set up recurring payments for regular donors.
While its hardware lineup is modest, SwipeSimple has the essentials to accept payments from a storefront or mobile device:
- B200 card reader. A wireless card reader that can accept magnetic stripe and EMV payments.
- B250 card reader. A wireless card reader that can accept magnetic stripe, EMV and contactless payments from Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- PAX A920. A 5-inch wireless touchscreen terminal with a built-in receipt printer that connects by Wi-Fi.
- PAX A80. A 4-inch touchscreen terminal with physical keypad, built-in receipt printer and both Wi-Fi and wired ethernet connectivity capability.
- SwipeSimple Register. A POS system that includes a stand, cash drawer and receipt printer for in-person transactions.
The only way to access SwipeSimple’s POS system is through one of the merchant acquirers it partners with. These merchant acquirers act as payment processors for SwipeSimple’s software, so you’ll have to sign up for a merchant account before you can access its products.
Reach out to one of SwipeSimple’s partners to find out more about how to sign up:
- Merchant e-Solutions
SwipeSimple pricing and fees
SwipeSimple doesn’t set any of the prices or fees associated with its service. These fees are determined by the merchant services providers that sell SwipeSimple. To learn more about the costs associated with using SwipeSimple, talk to one of the merchant acquirers it partners with.
Pros and cons
- Offline payments. SwipeSimple’s app is capable of processing payments even when your Internet connection lapses.
- Industry features. Comprehensive niche features for on-site construction technicians, salons, spas and food and beverage businesses.
- Device compatibility. SwipeSimple is compatible with iPhones, iPads, Android mobile devices, tablets and desktop computers.
- Limited support. SwipeSimple support is only available on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
- Variable price. You won’t know how much it costs to use SwipeSimple until you contact one of its partners.
While SwipeSimple can cover your POS needs, you’ll need a couple accounts before you can begin processing payments:
- Merchant account. SwipeSimple doesn’t offer merchant accounts, so you’ll need to source one from a third-party payment processor.
- Checking account. Expect your payment processor to ask for your business checking account information.
SwipeSimple is a mobile POS app powered by CardFlight: a payment technology provider headquartered in New York City. SwipeSimple’s web-based software is sold exclusively through third-party merchant acquirers and payment processing providers. Through its partners, SwipeSimple supports over 50,000 merchants across the US.
SwipeSimple reviews and complaints
As of October 2020, neither SwipeSimple or its parent company, CardFlight, have pages on the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot. But a number of reviews have been submitted for the SwipeSimple app in the Apple App Store and Google Play store.
SwipeSimple has a 4.8- out of 5-star rating based on 4,054 reviews in the Apple App Store. Feedback from Android users is similarly positive, with SwipeSimple scoring a solid 4.4- out of 5-stars after 696 reviews.
Customers praise the app’s easy-to-navigate interface and detailed analytics. Reported bugs include lapses in Bluetooth connectivity, difficulty connecting receipt printers and periodic app freezes.
Reach out to SwipeSimple support by:
- Phone. Call 800-783-5596 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
- Email. Fill out a support ticket from SwipeSimple’s website for an email response from the customer service team.
If you’re looking for a POS system you can purchase directly, consider one of these providers:
SwipeSimple’s POS system is capable of handling a variety of payment methods and offers a holistic feature suite compatible with Apple and Android devices. But its customer support isn’t available on weekends and you’ll need to source your system from a third-party processor.
Not sure SwipeSimple is for you? Review your POS options with other providers.