Franpos POS review
Small biz solutions for franchisees in retail, fast food, beauty and pets.Franpos offers cloud-based point-of-sale solutions for a narrow group of industries that won’t suit all businesses. Merchants, however, aren’t required to sign a contract.
- Choose this provider if you manage multiple franchises in retail, fast food, beauty or pets.
- Consider something else if you own a service-based business outside of Franpos‘ niche categories or don’t use Android.
Formerly iConnect, Franpos specializes in offering POS solutions to three distinct industries:
- Quick-service restaurants. Take advantage of customer-facing displays, loyalty programs, online ordering and delivery options.
- Beauty salon. Track inventory, allow online bookings and set prices by service and employee.
- Retail. Set employee schedules, access sales reports and integrate with a range of e-commerce solutions.
- Pet stores and groomers. Target new clientele with growth marketing features, automate inventory updates and track sales across multiple stores.
POS services help you manage your franchise with single-account inventory updates, sales reports and royalty tracking, along with:
- Loyalty programs. Integrate gift cards and marketing strategies to drive sales and increase customer engagement.
- E-commerce integrations. Use plug-ins and APIs to accept online orders from a website or mobile app.
- Employee management. Manage your team with automated time tracking, employee service pricing, adjustable commission rates and more.
- Franpos Impulse Buy. Track data and upsell products your customers are most likely to add to orders.
What hardware is available?Franpos offers a POS hardware package, but we had to call a Franpos rep to learn about it.
You won’t find a listing or pricing online, but a typical package will run you about $2,200 and includes:
- Android tablet installed with Franspos software
- EMV reader
- Cash drawer
Pricing can fluctuate based on your business’s specific hardware needs.
You can run Franpos software from your own Android device and even use your own hardware, but check its website for a list of hardware integrations. And because it’s an Android-exclusive software provider, you won’t be able to use an iPad.
Franpos pricing and fees
Franspos doesn’t advertise its service fees online. Here too, we rely on a rep who says that accounts are billed service fees ranging from $79 to $149 a month.
Pros and cons
- Monthly billing. You aren’t locked into a contract, and you can cancel anytime without a fee.
- Niche industries. Franpos is designed to support the retail and service industries with such features as online appointment booking and loyalty programs.
- Lack of transparency. Franpos doesn’t advertise hardware or software costs online. We had to call a rep for that.
- Limited support. Unlike its competitors Toast and Upserve, Franpos doesn’t offer 24-hour tech support.
- Limited integration. Its software can be run on an Android tablet or device only.
- No trial. Franpos advertises a 30-minute demo of its software but you won’t get the opportunity to try it yourself. Instead, you’ll participate in a screen-sharing call with a Franpos rep to see how the software functions.
Franpos reviews and complaintsFranpos doesn’t have a Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot page. It has a Facebook page, but you won’t find customer reviews on it.
Customer feedback is largely positive on comparison sites like Capterra and Merchant Maverick. Some merchants complain that syncing with third-party integrations, like QuickBooks, is inconsistent and intermittent, and that daily use comes with random pop-ups and glitchiness.
But overall, many say the software is easy to learn and rich in features.
How do I sign up with Franpos?
You must first call a Franpos rep before completing your application online:
- Call Franpos and talk to a rep at 408-898-3217.
- Request a software demo or begin the signup process with the rep.
- Complete an online proposal form with basic information about your business and POS needs.
- Click the secure link in your email to access the online application.
What other products will I need?Franpos can connect you with POS software, but you’ll other services to accept customer payments:
- Payment processor. Franpos integrates with popular payment processing providers that include Square, TSYS, First Data and Chase.
- Checking account. You’ll need a business checking account for depositing money from your transactions.
What is Franpos?Franpos is a POS software provider headquartered in Santa Clara, California. It was founded in 2011 under the name iConnect and rebranded to Franpos in 2017.
The company specializes in point-of-sale support to franchisees in the retail, quick-service, pet and beauty service industries, boasting clients like Murad, Crocs and Pet Planet on its site.
How do I contact Franpos support?
You’re limited to two options for customer support:
- Phone. Call 408-898-3217 weekdays from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. PT or Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. PT.
- Email. Submit an online ticket for an email response within one business day.
Compare other POS providers
Bottom lineFranpos offers POS software solutions to franchises in the retail, fast food, beauty and petcare industries. It offers multistore management and tracking features that help you keep inventory and employees efficient. But you’ll need an Android device to run the software.
Learn more about POS hardware and software and tips to comparing providers to find the best fit for your business needs.