Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Huobi Pro: Alternative exchanges and sites to consider
6 leading crypto-to-crypto exchanges worth comparing with Huobi Pro.
Huobi Pro is one of the biggest crypto exchanges in the world, allowing its users to trade bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and dozens of other digital currencies. It offers trading fees of 0.2%, doesn’t charge any deposit or withdrawal fees, and offers discounted trading fees to customers who pay for VIP membership with Huobi Tokens (HT).
Huobi Pro is well worth considering if you’re looking for a crypto-to-crypto trading platform, but it’s far from the only option in this highly competitive market. To help you shop around for a crypto exchange that meets your trading needs, we’ve gathered the details of six of the best sites like Huobi Pro.
Exchanges like Huobi Pro
When searching for exchanges like Huobi Pro, we based our comparisons on the following criteria:
- Type of trading. Huobi Pro specialises in crypto-to-crypto trading, so any site included in this list needed to offer the same option.
- Number of cryptocurrencies supported. Huobi Pro lists more than 190 currency pairs, so we searched for platforms offering access to a wide range of digital currencies.
- Fees. Huobi Pro doesn’t charge any deposit fees but does charge small withdrawal fees, while maker and taker fees are set at a competitive 0.2%.
- Transaction limits. The maximum amount you can withdraw per day from a verified Huobi Pro account is 200 BTC, while minimum and maximum trade limits also apply. We considered the limits imposed by the exchanges included in this list and how they compare to Huobi Pro.
- Ease of access. Available on Windows and Mac operating systems as well as through iOS and Android apps, Huobi Pro offers a number of convenient trading options.
- Customer service. Huobi Pro offers 24/7 customer service and an online help centre.
Top exchanges like Huobi Pro
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 100 digital currencies
- 0.1% trading fees
Launched in July 2017, Binance has quickly grown into one of the world’s largest crypto exchanges. This is in part due to the range of cryptos you can buy and sell, which stands at more than 100, but also due to trading fees of 0.1%. Binance offers a mobile trading app for Android and iOS devices, and provides trading tools and charts designed to suit both beginners and more advanced traders.
And just like Huobi Pro, Binance offers its own native currency, Binance Coins, which allow holders to access discounted trading fees.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 100 digital currencies
- 0.1% trading fees
Hong Kong-based KuCoin is another crypto-to-crypto trading platform that doesn’t support fiat currency. Launched in 2017, it allows users to buy and sell dozens of leading crypto assets, all with trading fees of 0.1%. Users who hold KuCoin Shares, the platform’s native currency, can access further fee discounts and also receive dividends from the trading fees collected on the platform.
It also offers Android and iOS trading apps, although the iOS app was in the beta testing phase at time of writing (June 2018).
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of more than 130 digital currencies
- Also offers fiat-to-crypto trading
Headquartered in Hong Kong, OKX lists more than 130 cryptocurrencies and offers multiple fiat deposit options alongside cryptocurrency transfers. Trading fees charged by the platform vary depending on the volume of trades you complete per month, ranging from 0.15% maker and 0.2% taker fees for casual traders, through to 0.02% maker and 0.05% taker fees for users who trade 120,000 BTC or more every 30 days.
OKX clients are also available for download to Windows and Mac computers and Android and iOS mobiles, but the mobile apps were in a closed beta phase at the time of writing.
- Crypto-to-crypto trading of 70 digital currencies
- Also offers fiat-to crypto trading and margin trading
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is another of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. It allows users to access crypto-to-crypto trading on dozens of digital currencies, while it also offers support for fiat deposits. Trading fees vary depending on monthly trading volume, ranging from 0.1% to 0% for market makers and 0.2% to 0.1% for market takers.
There’s also an OTC desk for high-volume traders, as well as a trading app available from Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
Things to consider about exchanges like Huobi Pro
If you’re searching for an exchange like Huobi Pro, make sure to consider the following features:
- Crypto-to-crypto. Do you want a site that offers crypto-to-crypto trading only, like Huobi Pro, or would you like the convenience of a platform that also supports fiat deposits?
- Fees. Look at the trading fees that apply on each platform you’re considering, and whether they vary based on your trading volume or whether you’re a market maker or taker. Don’t forget to also check if any deposit or withdrawal fees apply.
- Discounts. Does the platform offer a native currency that you can use to access discounted trading fees and other benefits?
- Cryptocurrencies supported. How many coins does each exchange support? Are they popular currencies or rare altcoins? What sort of trading volume does the exchange support for any currency you want to trade?
- Security features. Does the exchange offer important security features to help protect your funds, for example 2-factor authentication and cold wallet storage? Has it ever been hacked?
- Customer support. Don’t forget to check how and when you can get in touch with the exchange’s customer support team, and whether they have a good reputation for providing prompt responses. Also search the exchange for an online help centre where you can find the answers to frequently asked questions, trading guides and more.
For more information on how to choose an exchange, check out our cryptocurrency exchange guide.
Choosing a cryptocurrency exchange can be a complicated and confusing task. There are dozens of worthy contenders to choose from, and each of them has its own pros and cons.
If you’re looking for a site like Huobi Pro that offers the chance to buy and sell a wide range of digital coins and tokens, comparing the features of the sites included in this article is a good place to start.
That way you’ll be able to compare trading fees, supported currencies, ease of use and a range of other aspects to decide which platform is the best fit for your needs.
Disclosure: At the time of writing, the author holds ADA, ICX, IOTA and XLM.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Aptos (APT) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Aptos, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (APT).
Aptos (APT) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Aptos, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on APT.
Aptos (APT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Aptos and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
How to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CBETH).
How to buy Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Wrapped Terra Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
How to buy tBTC (TBTC) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy tBTC, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TBTC).
How to buy Pawtocol (UPI) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pawtocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (UPI).
How to buy Shping (SHPING) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shping, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SHPING).
How to buy Orca (ORCA) in the Philippines
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Orca, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ORCA).
Ask an Expert