Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Paysera international money transfers
Quick, easy international payments, with little or no transfer fees to other Paysera accounts.
Can I use Paysera in the Philippines?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to transfer money from an account in the Philippines as of December 2020.
If you want to transfer money to another currency, you’ll need another international money transfer service. Read our guide on sending money overseas to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Paysera is an inexpensive option when you’re sending money between Paysera accounts, but be wary of the high number of negative reviews online.
Paysera offers businesses the convenience of syncing an e-shop with its checkout system, connecting you with more than 180 countries. While handy for businesses, its personal money transfer service is more limited.
What's in this review?
- Make a money transfer to a Paysera account for free
- Paysera fees
- How much can I send with Paysera?
- What types of transfers does Paysera support?
- Available currencies
- In a nutshell
- How do I send money through Paysera?
- How does Paysera compare to other services?
- Paysera reviews and complaints
- Frequently asked questions
Make a money transfer to a Paysera account for free
Paysera has catered to international businesses and individuals since 2004. Anyone with a personal Paysera account can transfer funds to another Paysera account for free. For a small fee, you can also send money in more than 30 different currencies to a recipient’s bank account.
Businesses can benefit from Paysera’s streamlined purchasing process, especially when working with international customers.
You won’t pay a fee to transfer money between Paysera accounts. When sending funds to a bank account or an e-wallet system, your cost will vary depending on your currency and the speed of the transfer.
For example, to send USD$2,000 to your family in the US, you’ll pay a flat fee of €7. If the current exchange rate is AUD1 = USD 0.71, Paysera might offer an exchange rate of AUD1 = USD 0.67. With this rate, your family would receive USD$1,346.37 in 2 to 3 business days.
Paysera can save you money with its competitive exchange rates. It posts these rates alongside the mid-market rate so you can compare the exchange, usually within a 1% margin.
How much can I send with Paysera?
Paysera offers four levels of what it calls “identification,” which determines how much you can transfer daily, monthly and annually. You can move up in levels at any time for free, but you’ll need to provide additional information.
- Level 1. Exchange currency, conduct internal Paysera transfers and make online purchases with your account up to a currency equivalent of 30 euros daily, 740 euros monthly and 2,500 euros annually.
- Level 2. In addition to Level 1 services, transfer to banks up to a currency equivalent of 370 euros daily, 1,110 euros monthly and 2,500 euros annually.
- Level 3. In addition to Level 2 services, add the option of opening a Paysera Visa card or business account, transfer to international accounts and take care of e-commerce up to a currency equivalent of 1,480 euros daily, 1,480 euros monthly and 17,760 euros annually.
- Level 4. Take advantage of services offered at all levels with no limits on how much you can send or receive.
What types of transfers does Paysera support?
Paysera provides one-off transfers, as well as business solutions. Fund your transfer using your debit card, or make a purchase through the Paysera checkout system.
Personal money transfers
- One-off transfers
- Payments via POS and mobile e-shop systems. Use Paysera’s convenient checkout system for mobile and physical POS locations with the Paysera Visa card.
- Event ticketing. Sell tickets to an event. Create, manage and edit your event at any time.
- Mass payments. Make mass payments in real time with Paysera’s API.
You can exchange the following currencies with Paysera:
- USD (US Dollar)
- RUB (Russian Ruble)
- DKK (Danish Krone)
- PLN (Polish Zloty)
- NOK (Norwegian Krone)
- GBP (British Pound)
- SEK (Swedish Krona)
- CZK (Czech Republic Koruna)
- AUD (Australian Dollar)
- CHF (Swiss Franc)
- PHP (Philippine Peso)
- EUR (Euro)
- JPY (Japanese Yen)
- CAD (Canadian Dollar)
- HUF (Hungarian Forint)
- RON (Romanian Leu)
- BGN (Bulgarian Lev)
- GEL (Georgian Lari)
- TRY (Turkish Lira)
- HRK (Croatian Kuna)
- CNY (Chinese Yuan)
- KZT (Kazakhstani Tenge)
- NZD (New Zealand Dollar)
- HKD (Hong Kong Dollar)
- INR (Indian Rupee)
- ILS (Israeli New Sheqel)
- MXN (Mexican Peso)
- ZAR (South African Rand)
- RSD (Serbian Dinar)
- SGD (Singapore Dollar)
- BYN (Belarusian Ruble)
- THB (Thai Baht)
In a nutshell
- Speedy transfer deliveries. In many cases, your recipient can access their funds within minutes. Even the slowest delivery speeds can be quicker than most competitors.
- Low, even free, transfer fees. When you transfer money between Paysera accounts, it’s free. Fees to other accounts are low compared with other transfer services.
- Manage business revenue with Paysera checkout. More than 5,000 e-shops currently use Paysera’s checkout method.
- Negative reviews. A quick Google search shows quite a few negative reviews.
- Limited transfer options. Send money from your bank account or between Paysera accounts only.
- Limited customer service. Customer support is limited to filling out an online form or calling an overseas number.
How do I send money through Paysera?
To start your first transfer:
- Register for a free account on Paysera’s website.
- If transferring to another Paysera account, enter the recipient’s email address, phone number and Paysera account number, along with the amount you’d like to transfer. If transferring to a bank account, enter the amount you’d like to transfer and your recipient’s account information.
- Fund your money transfer with your Paysera account or a debit card.
When you initiate a transfer between Paysera accounts, funds are available within minutes. For transfers to other accounts, your transfer may take from one to three business days.
How does Paysera compare to other services?
Paysera reviews and complaints
Customers seem to either love or hate Paysera. Many complaints, as of October 2020 are about accounts being frozen or banned for no apparent reason, followed up by a lack of customer support. Some even go so far as to call the company a “scam.” However, 69% of the reviews on TrustPilot are 5 stars, with reviewers calling it “trustworthy” and praising its customer support.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: October 2020
We asked 30 panelists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
Binance Futures guide: How to trade BTC, ETH and more
Learn how to trade futures contracts on Binance with this visual step-by-step guide.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Trade forex online with OANDA
Find out whether OANDA could suit your forex trading needs.
Finder’s 2021 Bitcoin Predictions Report
Bitcoin is set to crack the $100,000 mark at some point in 2021, according to the predictions of 35 experts in Finder’s cryptocurrency forecast report.
Work From Home Philippines Guide | Your First Step to Success
Useful tips and tricks that you can use to be successful at your first work from home job.
Wise (TransferWise) promo codes and discounts June 2021
Does Wise offer deals or discounts on money transfers?
Ria Money Transfer promo codes June 2021
How much could you save on your next Ria international money transfer? Check out these promo codes to find out.
Remitly promo codes and discounts June 2021
Don’t pay too much for a money transfer. Check out the latest Remitly promo codes and discounts.
Ask an Expert