Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Trade forex online with OANDA
Trade on OANDA fxTrader or MT4 with instant execution and no requotes whenever the markets are open.
One of the biggest forex traders in the world, OANDA has multiple forex trading platforms, including MT4, which you can use to trade more than 70 currency pairs 24 hours a day, five days a week.
OANDA forex allows you to trade more than 70 major and exotic currency pairs.
What trading levels are available with OANDA?
OANDA does not offer account types or levels, and, there’s no minimum or maximum amount you can trade. However, the trading levels on OANDA will depend on the platform you wish to trade with. OANDA provides two main trading platforms: fxTrade and MT4.
|fxTrade||N/A – Trading is performed in units. For example, one unit equals one USD. No minimum or maximum applies.|
What trading platforms are available?
OANDA’s trading platforms, fxTrade and MT4, are available across desktop and mobile.
- OANDA fxTrade. Available with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems as a practice or live trading account, fxTrade lets you trade 90 different currency pairs and silver and gold crosses. Users can also create sub accounts. OANDA fxTrade requires the latest version of Java to operate properly.
- OANDA fxTrade Mobile. Trade from your smartphone or tablet device. OANDA fxTrade Mobile is compatible with iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets.
- MetaTrader 4. Available on Windows, MetaTrader 4 supports the use of Expert Advisors (EAs) to automate trades. This trading platform is funded from your fxTrade account.
Features look-up table
|Trading cost||USD 9|
|Education and resources||Yes|
|Min spread||1.20 pips|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||No|
|Compatible devices||iOS, Android, Windows|
|Deposit & withdrawal methods||Bank transfer, credit card and PayPal|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What are the benefits of using this OANDA?
OANDA provides in-house live chat, email and telephone support five days a week and 24 hours a day. New traders can benefit from no minimum deposit to start trading, as well as education, training and comprehensive customer support.
Other benefits include forex analytical tools such as position ratios, top 100 statistics and a 24-hour order book summary. OANDA also provides multiple trading platforms.
OANDA is generally considered safe to invest with. It is regulated by agencies like the FCA, ASIC, MAS and IIROC.
What are the pros and cons of using OANDA?
- No minimum deposit to start trading
- Orders are executed instantly and there are no re-quotes or rejections
- Copy trading, scalping and hedging features are offered
- Lack of development features for traders who like to create their own trading strategies
- Only offers account base currencies in EUR, GBP, CHF, USD, CAD, AUD, JPY, HKD and SGD. You might incur additional charges when converting PHP to any of these currencies.
How do I sign up?
OANDA forex trading is available for individual and corporate customers.
OANDA provides a demo trading account you can use to practise trading with virtual funds before opening a live trading account. Enter your personal and contact information so you can download fxTrade Practice or MT4 demo trading accounts. A mobile trading application is also available.
The OANDA practice trading account doesn’t expire, so you can use the demo trading account for as long as you like. You can reset the 100,000 virtual currency limit and change your leverage level as many times as you like.
You create a live trading account straight away if you want to skip using the demo account.
Did you have more questions about OANDA?
More guides on Finder
Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: October 2020
We asked 30 panelists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
Binance Futures guide: How to trade BTC, ETH and more
Learn how to trade futures contracts on Binance with this visual step-by-step guide.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Review: FTX cryptocurrency exchange
Trade cryptocurrency, derivatives and speculate on stocks with this fully-featured exchange created “by traders, for traders”.
Work From Home Philippines Guide | Your First Step to Success
Useful tips and tricks that you can use to be successful at your first work from home job.
Ria Money Transfer promo codes June 2021
How much could you save on your next Ria international money transfer? Check out these promo codes to find out.
How to buy Bitcoin SV
This how to buy guide will let you in on everything you need to know about buying, selling and trading BSV.
How to buy CRED (LBA)
A beginner’s guide to where and how to buy and sell LBA tokens, the native currency of the CRED lending platform.
Ask an Expert