MoneyGram international money transfers
Send cash overseas to over 197 countries with MoneyGram.
MoneyGram is a money transfer service operating in over 190 countries. You can use it to send money via an online bank transfer straight to your recipient’s account, or from one of thousands of agent locations to other locations or bank accounts around the globe.
Because MoneyGram allows cash pick up in a huge range of popular and exotic locations, it’s perfect for sending cash to relatives without bank accounts or traveling friends and family who need urgent funds.
If you’re sending cash through a MoneyGram agent it can be available to pick up in as little as ten minutes in some cases, meaning if you need to send money in a hurry, you can.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||MoneyGram International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 1|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 6,000|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BND, CAD, CHF, CLP, CZK, DKK, EUR, FJD, GNF, HKD, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, JPY, KRW, KWD, LKR, MAD, MGA, MRO, MXN, MYR, NOK, NZD, OMR, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, THB, TOP, TRY, TWD, USD, UZS, VND, VUV, WST, XOF, XPF, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||USD 9.99|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
MoneyGram exchange rates
MoneyGram’s exchange rates will vary depending on the currency, but will normally be better than what you can find at the bank. You can see a comparison of MoneyGram’s exchange rates below.
|1 USD in:||LBC Express||Western Union||MoneyGram|
Comparison accurate at time of writing 12/01/18 2:00PM EST.
As can be seen, MoneyGram offers competitive rates compared to banks, and even other money transfer services. Keep in mind that the above comparison doesn’t take into account fees. It would be in your best interest to check other companies with money transfer service.
How much does it cost to transfer money with MoneyGram?
MoneyGram has a variable transfer fee structure. If you’re transferring US$96 below, you’ll be charged a flat fee of PHP550 or around US$10.65. Transferring an amount of US$97 to US$193, you’ll be charged PHP650 or around US$12.59, and so on. You can check out the transfer fees charged vis a vis your money transferred in their site.
Transfers over $10,000 come with no transfer fees.
If you transfer regularly you can also make use of MoneyGram’s “bundle” feature, which you can purchase in advance.
The way it works is simple, if you bundle four transfers together, you’ll pay $11.25 per transfer rather than $15. If you bundle 15 transfers together you’ll pay $9 per transfer, meaning a saving of $90. The table below shows different savings for different bundle amounts.
Check out the table below to get an idea how much your next MoneyGram transfer could cost.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
MoneyGram has a minimum transfer amount of US$250, meaning it can’t be used for small transfers, and has a large maximum of US$100,000.
Money transfers through MoneyGram are available in 197 countries, and the following currencies are supported:
What types of transfers can you carry out with MoneyGram?
MoneyGram has three kinds of money transfer service in the Philippines:
- Send cash for pick-up. These are transfers where you personally go to your nearest MoneyGram agent location and send money to any of the 350,000 plus agent locations around the world.
- Send to bank account. These are transfers where you go to your nearest MoneyGram agent location to send money direct to your recipient’s bank accounts at more than 400 banks around the world.
- Send to a mobile wallet. If you’re sending money to someone in Kenya, Tanzania, and Romania via M-Pesa, as well as to Zimbabwe via Econet, MoneyGram offers money transfer service direct to a mobile wallet.
- Home delivery. Available in select countries, this service directly sends money to your recipient’s address.
Money transfers with MoneyGram
If you’re making a transfer, you can do so with cash in person at any MoneyGram branch near you.
To conduct a cash transfer with MoneyGram, you’ll have to find a MoneyGram agent, bring some identification, including a passport or driver’s licence, and then complete the money transfer form. You’ll then need to contact the recipient and give them the reference number.
In the Philippines, you can make cash transfers at any accredited banks like BDO and BPI, pawnshops like Cebuana Lhuillier, or department stores like The SM Store.
Pros and cons of using MoneyGram
- Competitive exchange rates. As can be seen in the comparison above, MoneyGram has competitive exchange rates.
- Different transfer services available. MoneyGram allows you to send money that’s convenient for you or for your recipient.
- Large number of countries and currencies supported. MoneyGram allows you to send money to 197 countries in a large range of currencies.
- Variable fee for transfers under $10,000. Different transfer fees apply depending on how much you will transfer.
- Minimum amount of $250. You can’t send small amounts through MoneyGram.
Compare MoneyGram with other money transfer services in the Philippines
Frequently asked questions about MoneyGram money transfers
What security methods does MoneyGram use for money transfers?
MoneyGram uses 2048 SSL certificates and Thawte online security to protect your transfers.
How can you check the status of your transfer with MoneyGram?
You can check the status of your transfers by just going into their company’s website, and click on the “Track a Transfer” icon. Just have your Authorization or Reference Number ready.
When can I make online transfers?
You can make transfers at any time of the day or week.