Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Singapore
Find the best exchange rate and low fees when you send money to Singapore from the Philippines.
Do you need to send money to Singapore? Nearly all banks and international money transfer providers will let you send money to Singapore, but which business or provider is going to let you do it cheaply, easily and quickly? If you want to send money to Singapore, we have a look at the different options available to you below.
Compare international money transfers to Singapore from the Philippines
Using the table below you can compare transfer services. Use the table headings to sort products based on the minimum transfer amount, online transfer fees, transfer methods and transfer speeds. Alternatively, you can read on below for more information.
How to compare international payment providers
Be conscious of the following features when you’re comparing quotes from international money transfer companies.
- Exchange rates. Pay attention to the exchange rate. The exchange rate is the rate of conversion between PHP and Singaporean Dollars (SGD). The more SGD you can get for PHP, the better. Different international payment providers have different exchange rates. You can view different exchange rates for overseas payment providers by getting a no-obligation quote on the provider’s website.
- How to collect. What are the provider’s terms for collection of the funds? With some institutions and transfer companies, you can only send the funds to the recipient’s bank account; while other providers allow the cash to be picked up from a local business.
- Fees and charges. How much are you going to get charged for sending money to Singapore? Some international payment providers charge a fee when you want to send under a certain amount, other providers have a flat fee regardless of the size of the transaction and then there are providers that let you send money to Singapore for free. Be conscious of the relationship between fees and the exchange rate. Sometimes international payment fees are subsidised by a higher foreign exchange rate.
- Transfer time. How long will it take before the funds are available to collect or withdraw in Singapore? Some companies let you send money to Singapore in minutes. The quicker the transfer time, generally the more expensive the transaction.
- Minimum transfer. This is important if you only want to send a small amount of money to Singapore. There are providers who have no minimum transfer limit; however, with most companies, transfers under US$1,000 attract a fee.
How to send money to Singapore from the Philippines
Due to the popularity of SGD, most providers allow you to make a payment from the Philippines to Singapore.
You may also want to consider the following providers, too.
- Paypal. You can send money to Singapore using PayPal. Note that the money needs to be converted into USD before SGD, and it may take between 5 and 10 business days before the funds are made available. Fees may be charged if you’re sending the money using your credit card, however, if you already have funds in your Paypal account, the transfer is free. All you need is the recipient’s email address.
What will you need to send money to Singapore?
Generally, the following information is required when you want to send money to Singapore.
- The name, address and bank code of the receiving financial institution.
- The receiver’s name, address, account name, account number and International Bank Account Number (IBCN)
Generally, once you’ve paid for the international funds transfer, you only need to provide the customer reference number to the person collecting the money.
Emergency cash transfers to Singapore
If you need to get money to Singapore fast, there are a couple of options.
- Transfer service with cash collection. A specialty international money transfer company like Western Union or MoneyGram is the way to go. A person can collect cash from a business in Singapore only minutes after it has been sent from the Philippines.
- Emergency cash advance. Alternatively, if you’re in Singapore and you need access to cash, your credit or debit card provider may be able to arrange an emergency cash advance through a local merchant. Give Visa, Mastercard or American Express a call to get access to the funds in your account if your card has been lost or stolen.
- Insurance. Double check the terms and conditions of your travel insurance policy. Most providers have a benefit which covers you in the even you get stuck without cash.
Cash pickup locations in Singapore
Picking up cash in Singapore
Singapore is a relatively safe destination for Filipinos to visit. If you’re collecting cash from a location in Singapore be sure to exercise the normal precautions. For example, if you’re carrying a large amount of cash, be sure to keep it out of sight and travel with a group or a friend.
Sending money to Singapore doesn’t have to be complicated, and it doesn’t have to be expensive either. There are a number of providers on the market that let you send money to Singapore. If you have any questions about our page, get in touch with us using the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Corazon cryptocurrency hardware wallet – September 2021 review
Find out why the Corazon is the world’s most expensive cryptocurrency hardware wallet.
Blockchain Lockbox hardware wallet review
Find out what this simple and affordable entry-level hardware wallet can offer.
Western Union fees explained
Be in the know when it comes to sending money abroad with Western Union and avoid high fees
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
Trade forex online with OANDA
Find out whether OANDA could suit your forex trading needs.
Review: Paysera international money transfers
We review Paysera’s fees, rates and more for international payments and transfers.
Wise (TransferWise) promo codes and discounts September 2021
Does Wise offer deals or discounts on money transfers?
Ria Money Transfer promo codes September 2021
How much could you save on your next Ria international money transfer? Check out these promo codes to find out.
Remitly promo codes and discounts September 2021
Don’t pay too much for a money transfer. Check out the latest Remitly promo codes and discounts.