Find a secure and affordable way to send money to Saudi Arabia from the Philippines.
Saudi Arabia remains as the top destination for Filipino workers overseas, estimated at over 900,000 by the Department of Foreign Affairs. If you have a friend or loved one at the Land of Two Holy Mosques, here are money transfer options you can use to send support especially during emergency situations.
Compare money transfer services to Saudi Arabia from the Philippines
The “Rate” and “Amount Received” displayed are indicative rates that have been supplied by each brand or gathered by Finder.
Exchange rates are volatile and change often. As a result, the exchange rate listed on Finder may vary to the actual exchange rate quoted for the brand. Please confirm the actual exchange rate and mention “Finder” before you commit to a brand.Back to top
Banks versus money transfer companies
Sending money overseas is undoubtedly a convenient option, however, banks charge exorbitant amounts on international transfers. There are high transfer fees and some fairly dismal exchange rates to worry about, which means a worse deal for you and less money for your beneficiary.
Money transfer companies, on the other hand, offer a convenient and cost-effective transfer alternative. With minimal transaction fees and exchange rates that in most cases are much higher than those offered by the banks, these providers offer transactions that won’t hurt your bank balance.
Ruel Sends Money to Saudi Arabia
Ruel wants to send a money transfer to his brother, Arvin, in Saudi Arabia. After some poor investment decisions, Arvin is a little short of cash and needs some funds to help him pay his next month’s rent. While his Philippine bank supports this exotic currency, Ruel decides to try out sending money through an international money transfer company. He compares the local transfer companies available to see which one offers him the most cost-effective deal.
As you can see below, using the second transfer company means Ruel can send an extra 23.92 SAR to Arvin.
|Money transfer company 1||Money transfer company 2|
|Exchange rate||1 PHP = 13.32 SAR||1 PHP = 12.71 SAR|
|Transfer fee||10.00 USD or 37.41 SAR||11.50 USD or 43.02 SAR|
|Transfer method||Online bank account transfer||Online bank account transfer|
|Processing time||1-3 days||1-3 days|
|Amount received (in SAR)||500 SAR||523.92 SAR|
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring and receiving money via Saudi Arabia?
- Exchange rates. Compare the company’s exchange rates with those offered by a range of other transfer providers. Better exchange rates mean that more money arrives to your beneficiary, but look out for companies that also charge high fees with their high rates.
- Transaction fees. You will usually be charged a transaction fee every time you send a transfer, but some companies waive this fee on large transfers.
- Transfer methods. How will you be able to lodge your transfers: online, in a branch, over the phone and/or by using a smartphone app?
- Flexible options. Look for flexible transfer options that can help you save time and money, such as forward contracts, limit orders and the ability to set up a recurring payment schedule.
- Transfer time. Compare transaction processing times from start to finish between money transfer providers.
- Minimum transfer amounts. If the company imposes a minimum or maximum transfer limit on each transaction, make sure either of those limits won’t disrupt your transfers.
- Pickup options. How will your beneficiary access the funds you send: from his or her bank account or by visiting a transfer provider branch?
How do I send money to Saudi Arabia from the Philippines?
- Specialist money transfer providers. Check out our list of trusted online transfer companies to see which ones allow you to send money to Saudi Arabia.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Western Union and MoneyGram are two companies with extensive global transfer networks.
- Bank transfers. Compare your bank’s exchange rates and fees with those offered by other transfer providers.
- International checks. Ask your bank how much it will cost to get an international guaranteed check to post overseas.
How do I receive money in Saudi Arabia?
- Specialist money transfer providers. Start researching to see which companies allow you to send money from Saudi Arabia to the Philippines.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. If you want the convenience of a cash transfer, consult a company like Western Union or MoneyGram about the expenses involved.
- Bank transfers. The next available option is to send a transfer from a bank in Saudi Arabia to a Philippines bank account.
- International checks. Find out how much your bank will charge in fees when you cash an international check.
Emergency cash transfers to Saudi Arabia
Companies that offer emergency cash transfers can be a godsend in many situations, such as if you need to help out a relative overseas who has had their wallet stolen. If you’re planning on sending an emergency cash transfer, however, just be aware that these transfers are usually quite expensive. Lower exchange rates and higher fees are to be expected, so review the transaction details before you send funds anywhere.
What documentation do I need?
A bank to bank transfer is ideal if you’re regularly sending money to Saudi Arabia to cover bills and investments. However, if you need to send money quickly, it’s worth considering a cash transfer agency and making note of the following:
- The recipient’s full name. The beneficiary of a cash transfer will need to show photo identification, so make sure the name on the order is the same as the ID.
- Your full name. As an additional security measure the agent may ask for the full name of the sender, be sure that the recipient knows your complete name.
- Your recipient’s contact information and bank details. Both the sender and the recipient must have each other’s address and contact details.
- The tracking number. Keep the tracking number given to you upon sending the transfer, as the recipient must provide this to the agent before the cash can be released.
Save all paperwork in case there’s a problem with the transfer, this serves as proof that the money was sent and will make it easier to recover.
The Philippines and Saudi Arabia maintain strong ties in their expat community and trade relations. When preparing your move, research the best ways to transfer money for both convenience and a competitive price.
Western Union and MoneyGram cash pickup locations in Saudi Arabia
Both Western Union and MoneyGram have several locations in the Philippines and Saudi Arabia, offering quick and convenient transfers between the two countries. You can see the details of some popular cash pickup locations below. Make sure to take along photo ID and a transaction reference number when picking up funds, while it’s also a good idea to phone ahead and check an agent’s opening hours.
Tips for picking up cash in Saudi Arabia
- Find a transfer agent in a safe location.
- Ask a friend to accompany you.
- Keep your cash hidden while in public.
- Deposit your funds into a bank account as soon as possible.