Send money to Qatar
Here’s how you can send an affordable international money transfer to Qatar from the Philippines.
Located on the northeastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, Qatar has a population of 1.8 million people. Home to some of the largest oil and gas reserves anywhere around the globe, Qatar has the highest per capita income in the world.
If you need to send money to Qatar for any reason, you won’t have any trouble finding a provider willing to handle the transaction. But before you choose a money transfer company, do some research and compare your options to find the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Compare money transfer services to Qatar from the Philippines
Banks versus money transfer companies
Many people assume that their bank will offer the easiest and most affordable way to send money overseas. In reality, however, this is not usually the case. Banks offer some pretty unimpressive exchange rates on international transfers, and don’t be surprised if they also slug you with high fees as a thank you for your business.
If you want to do your bank balance a favour when sending money to Qatar, consider using a specialist money transfer provider such as TorFX or WorldFirst. Dedicated international transfer providers are experts at moving money overseas, and they can do it for much less than the banks. Their secure transfers come with much better exchange rates and much lower fees than the banks offer, allowing you to save plenty of money each time you send funds overseas.
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring money to the Qatar?
Comparing money transfer providers and banks could save you money, when you consider:
- Competitive exchange rates. Small differences in the exchange rate can have a big impact when transferring large amounts of money.
- Minimal fees. Fees may vary depending on the institution and the currency involved.
- A range of transfer methods. Both banks and transfer companies offer online transfers using a bank account or credit card. However, some may advise you visit an agent and start the transfer in person.
- Convenient pick-up methods. Whether it’s a personal or business transfer, it’s important to consider the circumstance of your primary recipient.
- Reliable customer service. The accessibility of a customer service representative is also worth considering in the event that something goes wrong.
How to send money to Qatar from the Philippines
There are generally three different transfer methods:
- Money transfer services. These offer some of the most cost-effective transfers as they only trade in foreign currencies.
- Philippine banks. The Qatari riyal (QAR) is a popular currency so it’s safe to assume that any major bank will offer it. If you’re an account holder from Citibank or HSBC, these two banks have branches in the Philippines. Check out their locations online on their respective websites.
- Cash transfers. Services such as Western Union allow you to send cash transfers for immediate pick-up by the recipient. While it’s a fast way to send money, it generally won’t match the rates or fees of dedicated money transfer services.
How do I receive money from Qatar in the Philippines?
- Specialist transfer providers. Start researching now to see which companies will send money from Qatar to the Philippines.
- Cash pickup transfer providers. Find your nearest cash pick-up provider branch location online.
- Bank transfers. Another option is to send a direct transfer from a bank account in Qatar to one in the Philippines.
- International cheques. Make sure to check with your bank about the fees that apply when cashing an international cheque.
What documentation do I need?
A bank to bank transfer is ideal if you’re regularly sending money to Qatar to cover bills and investments. However, if you need to send money quickly, it’s worth considering a cash transfer agency and making note of the following:
- The recipient’s full name. The beneficiary of a cash transfer will need to show photo identification, so make sure the name on the order is the same as the ID.
- Your full name. As an additional security measure the agent may ask for the full name of the sender, be sure that the recipient knows your complete name.
- Your recipient’s contact information and bank details. Both the sender and the recipient must have each other’s address and contact details.
- The tracking number. Keep the tracking number given to you upon sending the transfer, as the recipient must provide this to the agent before the cash can be released.
Save all paperwork in case there’s a problem with the transfer, this serves as proof that the money was sent and will make it easier to recover.
While the Philippines and Qatar are far apart, they still maintain strong ties in their expat communities and trade relations. When preparing your move, research the best ways to transfer money for both convenience and a competitive price.
Emergency cash transfers in Qatar
When you need to send an emergency cash transfer to Qatar, be aware of the fact that you will usually have to pay extra to ensure your funds arrive as quickly as possible. Urgent transfers attract worse exchange rates and higher fees than ordinary transfers, so you can expect to pay a little bit extra. Review the details of your transaction before you pay any money to make sure you know whether you’re getting a good deal.
Western and Union and MoneyGram both have cash pickup locations in Qatar, from which your recipient can collect a cash transfer you send from any agent location in the Philippines. Photo ID and a transaction reference number will be required in order to collect the cash, while it’s also a good idea to confirm opening hours by phoning ahead. Some popular Western Union and MoneyGram locations in Qatar are listed below.
Tips for picking up cash in Qatar
The Department of Foreign Affairs recommends that Philippine travelers to Qatar exercise normal safety precautions. When picking up cash from a transfer provider’s branch, make sure that you take one or more friends along with you to provide extra security. Only visit a cash collection branch in an area you know is safe and make sure to never display your cash in front of strangers.
You can find more travel safety tips for Qatar on the Smartraveller website and across a range of travel blogs and forums.Back to top
What are the steps to send money to Qatar?
- Sign up for an account. You can usually sign up for a free account online by providing your full name, contact information, proof of ID and bank account details.
- Enter transaction details. You’ll need to provide the money transfer company with information about how much money you’re sending, in what currency and where to.
- Pay for your transfer. After reviewing the details and cost of your transaction, pay for your transfer and use the transaction reference number to monitor the progress of your funds.
Read more on this topic
Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 Ever wondered how much a tall Starbucks latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Send money to China How to send money to China from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Philippine currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from the Philippines without delay.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
How to send money to Gambia How to send money to Gambia from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Botswana Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Australia Save money when you send money to Australia from the Philippines. Compare banks and money transfer services to get the best deal on fees and rates.
How to send money to the Netherlands Taking the time to compare fees and delivery delays will help you decide on the best and most-effective method to suit your needs.
How to send money to Oman How to send money to Oman from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Burundi Coffee exports is not the only transactional relationship to be had with the small landlocked country of Burundi in the middle of Africa, it can also receive money from the Philippines.