Send money to Norway
Save time and money when sending to Norway from the Philippines.
Located on the Scandinavian Peninsula, Norway is quite a long way away from the Philippines. However, long geographical distances are no barrier when you need to conduct an international money transfer.
If you need to send money from the Philippines to Norway – perhaps to send money to relatives or to pay an invoice – modern technologies and banking services make it quick and easy to do so. There are multiple options to choose from when you wish to send funds to Norway, so read on to find out which option will be best for you.
Compare banks and money transfer services to get the best deal
The first option most people think of when sending money overseas is to lodge the transaction with their bank. After all, if you already have an account with a bank it’s usually quick and easy to perform an international money transfer.
However, as banks charge high fees and offer relatively poor exchange rates, sending the funds via your bank can end up costing you quite a bit of money. Many people are surprised to learn that you can actually get a much better financial deal if you utilise the services of a dedicated money transfer company.
These providers specialise in conducting fast and affordable international money transfers. They usually offer much better exchange rates than banks in the Philippines and charge lower fees, meaning that more of your money stays in your pocket.
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring money to Norway?
Comparing money transfer providers and banks could save you money, when you consider:
- Competitive exchange rates. Small differences in the exchange rate can have a big impact when transferring large amounts of money.
- Minimal fees. Fees may vary depending on the institution and the currency involved.
- A range of transfer methods. Both banks and transfer companies offer online transfers using a bank account or credit card. However, some may advise you visit an agent and start the transfer in person.
- Convenient pick-up methods. Whether it’s a personal or business transfer, it’s important to consider the circumstance of your primary recipient.
- Reliable customer service. The accessibility of a customer service representative is also worth considering in the event that something goes wrong.
How to send money to Norway from the Philippines
There are generally three different transfer methods:
- Money transfer services. These offer some of the most cost-effective transfers as they only trade in foreign currencies.
- Philippine banks. The NOK is a currency which is not popular so it is advisable to contact the bank and arrange purchase of it. If you’re an account holder from Citibank or Wells Fargo, these two banks have branches in the Philippines. Check out their locations online in their respective websites.
- Cash transfers. Services such as Western Union allow you to send cash transfers for immediate pick-up by the recipient. While it’s a fast way to send money, it generally won’t match the rates or fees of dedicated money transfer services.
What documentation do I need?
A bank to bank transfer is ideal if you’re regularly sending money to Norway to cover bills and investments. However, if you need to send money quickly, it’s worth considering a cash transfer agency and making note of the following:
- The recipient’s full name. The beneficiary of a cash transfer will need to show photo identification, so make sure the name on the order is the same as the ID.
- Your full name. As an additional security measure the agent may ask for the full name of the sender, be sure that the recipient knows your complete name.
- Your recipient’s contact information and bank details. Both the sender and the recipient must have each other’s address and contact details.
- The tracking number. Keep the tracking number given to you upon sending the transfer, as the recipient must provide this to the agent before the cash can be released.
Save all paperwork in case there’s a problem with the transfer, this serves as proof that the money was sent and will make it easier to recover.
While the Philippines and Norway are on opposite sides of the globe, they still maintain strong ties in their expat community and trade relations. When preparing your move, research the best ways to transfer money for both convenience and a competitive price.
Emergency cash transfers in Norway
In certain circumstances, you may find yourself needing to send funds to Norway as quickly as possible. For example, you may have a relative travelling through Norway who has their wallet stolen and is in urgent need of funds to be able to pay for food and accommodation.
When this happens, make sure that you take the time to check the exchange rates that will apply to your transaction. You’ll also need to familiarise yourself with any fees that may apply so that you don’t end up getting a raw deal.
Western Union and MoneyGram cash pick up locations in Norway
Safely pickup cash when in Norway
Norway is considered to be a safe country for Filipinos to visit, with the Department of Foreign Affairs simply recommending that travelers ‘exercise normal safety precautions’.
However, just because Norway is a relatively safe country doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be careful when picking up cash. Take a friend with you when you pick up funds and avoid any questionable areas of the city. Head straight to a bank to deposit your funds and make sure not to flash the cash around unnecessarily and attract any unwanted attention.
For further travel safety tips in Norway, hit up online blogs and forums and seek advice from fellow travelers.Back to top
Get started sending money to Norway
From bank transfers to specialist money transfer companies and even international money orders, you can choose from a wide range of options when you want to send money to Norway. The exact process for sending a transfer will obviously vary depending on the method you choose, but you’ll typically need to open an account with a provider before you can send funds. This will usually involve providing your name, address, date of birth and driver’s licence number.
Once you’ve lodged a transaction you will receive a receipt or tracking number which can be used to monitor the progress of your transaction.
Sending money to Norway is fast, easy and entirely affordable. Just make sure to do plenty of research before you decide on the right provider to take care of your international money transfer.
Read more on this topic
Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 Ever wondered how much a tall Starbucks latte costs around the world? And what does that say about the value of currency? Finder's Starbucks Index 2019 delves into the data to find out.
Send money to China How to send money to China from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
How to send money to Egypt Due to its exotic nature, it will be difficult to find an agency or bank that is able to convert Philippine currency into Egyptian pounds. The US dollar and other major currencies are widely accepted in Egypt though, giving you the opportunity to send remittances to Egypt from the Philippines without delay.
How to send money to Bangladesh Compare your options when you transfer money internationally to Bangladesh.
How to send money to Gambia How to send money to Gambia from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.
Send money to Qatar Compare your transfer options to find the most cost-effective and secure way to send money to Qatar.
Send money to Botswana Learn how to send money to Botswana, located on the African continent; a place where there is plenty of growth potential for businesses, investors and commodity-based resources.
How to send money to Australia Save money when you send money to Australia from the Philippines. Compare banks and money transfer services to get the best deal on fees and rates.
How to send money to the Netherlands Taking the time to compare fees and delivery delays will help you decide on the best and most-effective method to suit your needs.
How to send money to Oman How to send money to Oman from the Philippines, safely and affordably. Compare international money transfer services and save on exchange rates and fees.