Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Send money to Botswana
Compare fees and exchange rates to get the best deal on your next money transfer to Botswana.
Botswana has come a long way since its independence in 1966, with Real GDP growth between 4% to 8% that has been consistently above worldwide averages despite a history of low Real GDP per capita.
Compare Money Transfer Services
How can you send money to Botswana from the Philippines?
- Money transfer services. You can use the following services when sending money to Botswana: Compass Global Markets, MoneyGram, TorFX, Western Union and WorldFirst.
- Banks. Citibank stretches into the Botswana regions with its banking solutions and Commonwealth Bank will allow you to send an international money transfer to Botswana. Western Union and Moneygram can send money to a bank account as well once you have set up a bank account in Botswana.
What options do you have to receive money from Botswana in the Philippines?
- Money transfer services. Visit a local Moneygram or Western Union agent in Botswana to send money for cash pickup in the Philippines.
- Banks. Receive money in your Commonwealth Bank or Citibank account by using a local agent or online money transfer services that will send money from Botswana to the Philippines.
How will you receive an emergency cash transfers in Botswana?
You will need to visit an agent location of either Moneygram, Western Union or Xpress Money. All three of these companies will allow your family to send you cash.
This, along with the short amount of time it takes to transfer, means the cash pickups are an attractive option for you to receive money in cases where there is an emergency.Back to top
Cash pickup locations in Botswana that you can visit to receive money when using Moneygram and Western Union
- Amex Botswana Airport Junction
Plot 50351 Airport Junction Mall, Unit 12Gaborone, Gaborone+267-3133637Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday, 9am to 1:30pm, Sundays are closed
- Botswana Poste
River Walk Mall, Zeerust RoadGaborone,+267-3700052Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, Saturday, 9am to 1:15pm, Sundays are closed
- City Business Services
Unit 31 Nzwazi Complex, Francistown,+267-2440023Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm, Saturday, 8am to 1pm, Sunday, 10am to 11am
- Maven Enterprises Limited – The Villager
4921 Unit 3, Maratadiba Road Plot, Gaberone3170855Monday to Sunday, 9am to 6pm
- CSS Bureau De Change – Game City
Shop 11U Game shopping centre, Gaborone3165340Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm, Saturday, 9am to 4pm, Sunday 12am to 12am
- UAE Exchange – Francistown branch
42 Galo Centre unit, Francistown2495009Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, Saturday, 9am to 3pm, Sunday 12am to 12am
- UAE Exchange Botswana – River Walk Shopping Centre Br
Unit 111, River Walk Shopping Centre, Gaborone+267-3185630-31Monday to Sunday, 9am to 5pm
- UAE Exchange Botswana – Francistown Br
Unit Number 42, Galo Centre, Francistown+267-2435009Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm, Saturday, 9:30am to 2:30pm,
Tips for picking up cash in the hubs of activity in Botswana
Sending money to Botswana is fairly simple as much of the economic buzz is situated around Gaborone and some of it around Francistown.
Botswana has a reputation for being one of the most peaceful countries in Africa, but it is still advised to double-check the area in which you will be picking up money.
The country might be fairly peaceful compared to the wildlife in the Kalahari districts in Botswana, but it is never smart to wave around your fresh wads of cash you just picked up. Take along a tracking number and photo ID when you pick up cash and don’t forget the copy or original transaction receipt for added safety.Back to top
What are the steps you and your family will follow to send and receive money between Botswana and the Philippines?
Sending money for a cash pickup:
- Have the correct details of the recipient in the form of a photo or government ID
- Address of the agent location where the cash will be picket up
- Capture the transaction details and send it along with the receipt and tracking or reference number.
Sending money to a bank account:
- It is important to specify the bank (if it is supported) along with the SWIFT BIC
- Full details of the recipient
- Bank account number and branch number
- Currency and amounts for the transfer
More guides on Finder
Ria Money Transfer promo codes May 2021
How much could you save on your next Ria international money transfer? Check out these promo codes to find out.
Tax guidelines and regulations for large money transfers into Europe
Need to send large sums of money from the Philippines to Europe? Protect yourself from penalties and save time with this guide.
Tax guidelines and regulations for large money transfers into France
Transferring large amounts of money to France? Learn how to protect yourself from tax issues and potential penalties.
Laws and legal documents when transferring large sums of money into India
Avoid potential headaches and tax issues with our guide to sending large amounts to India.
Legal requirements for transferring large sums of money into Australia
Are you planning to send a large amount of money to Australia? Familiarise yourself with Australian laws and regulations regarding money transfers.
Best international money transfer apps
We took a look at international money transfer apps and were impressed by what we saw. Learn why.
Find a money transfer location
Send cash to friends or family. Find an international money transfer service close to you.
Sending money internationally during the coronavirus pandemic
Learn about how COVID-19 may affect the ways you transfer cash around the world.
Review: TransferMate international money transfers
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
Azimo vs Wise (TransferWise)
Compare Azimo and Wise on value for money and transfer times, and see how each works.
Ask an Expert