Are you one of those dying to buy a new car before the new excise tax scheme gets implemented next year? If yes, you have a few months left to plan the purchase. Buying a new car takes a lot of things to consider because it is a major life commitment that could affect your lifestyle.
Here is GoBear’s checklist of important things new car owners should remember:
• Prepare photocopies of your documents – Driver’s license, government ID’s, and other records required by the bank or by the agents should be presented along with photocopies of each.
• List your options – Always list down your preferred colors or make from the most to the least favored ones. You can also enumerate unique features you might want to be included in the package.
• Set an appointment with the sales managers or dealers. Setting an appointment will save you from hours of waiting and will give you the chance to explore more options.
• Shop for car insurance plans – GoBear helps you find the right car insurance package for your next vehicle. All you need to do is fill out the Bear’s comparison tool with the make of your preferred car, your age, driving experience and status. With one click, GoBear will lead you to the best car insurance options that suit your information. You can also try to choose the right cover selections suited for your driving needs.
• Test drive – Try to request for a test-drive of the car you want. This way, you get a real feel of the car, and you can decide better should you need to change your mind.
• Ask for demo – Before you hop on to the test drive, ask the sales agent to demonstrate the use of the vehicle and its features. Inquire on how some of these features can be manipulated including the finer points of cooling systems, entertainment system, cooling and heating systems and audio system.
• Check all seating positions – As you get a feel of the driver’s seat, you also need to know how it is to take the passenger’s seat. Your family will be seated, so you want to make sure they will be comfortable in taking the ride with you.
Owning a car means knowing how to maintain it. The enormous responsibility starts when keys are handed to you. Make sure you know the basics of handling a vehicle including the following:
• Changing tires – a flat tire is one of the most common issues you can face when driving. Knowing how to change it can help you conquer emergencies. You don’t have to wait and pay for a mechanic to do the job for you once your tires succumb to driving hassles.
• Checking the oil – Aside from the gas, oil helps your car to run well by preventing the engine from burning. Knowing how to check oil levels will ensure your safe travel.
• Jumpstarting the vehicle – Sometimes, the car won’t start as usual and jump-starting can help you revive a car. Make sure you have jumper cables ready all the time.
Buying a new car is a complicated venture that requires a good amount of savings and financial options. Making sure your new property will be covered by the best car insurance plans will also secure not only the vehicle but also you, as the owner. Compare car insurance plans with GoBear and drive your new car before the excise tax scheme raises vehicle price tags in the country.
Ask an Expert