How to buy Avalanche
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Avalanche.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports AVAX.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Avalanche.
- Buy Avalanche.
Complete your Avalanche purchase and then find the best wallet to store AVAX.
What is Avalanche?
Avalanche is a decentralized network that introduces a unique consensus protocol in order to host a network of high-speed blockchains, smart contracts and applications.
Avalanche’s focus on smart contracts, efficient transactions and hosting decentralized applications has seen it dubbed as one of the potential ‘Ethereum killers’. It offers many of the same functions as the Ethereum blockchain, but with faster transaction times.
Avalanche’s price surged in September 2021 on the back of $230 million of private funding from Polychain and Three Arrows Capital.
Avalanche’s Mainnet is EVM compatible, meaning that dApps on the Ethereum layer 1 network can be ported over to Avalanche without duress. They’ve also developed an Avalanche–Ethereum bridge that improves interoperability further, providing blockchain users and dApp developers the ability to transfer ETH and AVAX tokens between their respective networks.
AVAX is the native token of Avalanche. The AVAX token is primarily used for transactions, staking and network fees. It can also be used as the major economic token for various decentralized projects built on the protocol.
Avalanche (AVAX) is the 17th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $12,731,925,472. The current price of Avalanche is $57.57, which is 0.574% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $61.62 and $56.57 over the past 24 hours.All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 17, 2021 05:10 UTC.
Where to buy Avalanche
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade AVAX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Avalanche at a glance
Information last updated October 17, 2021 05:10 UTC.
|Total AVAX Supply||377,752,194|
|All time high||US$79.31|
Live Avalanche (AVAX) price
How to sell Avalanche
You can cash out your AVAX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have AVAX on.
If you store your Avalanche in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of AVAX you’d like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Avalanche.
What to consider when buying Avalanche
When buying any cryptocurrency it is important to understand the risks associated with the underlying technology, as well as be aware of the volatile market conditions. In particular, buyers of AVAX will want to consider the following:
- Competition. Avalanche is yet another new protocol competing in the over-saturated market of base-layer blockchains. While being labeled an ‘Ethereum-killer’ may seem appealing, Avalanche is just one of many that share this title. Avalanche is certainly not alone in its focus on smart contracts and decentralized applications, with Cardano (ADA) and Solana (SOL) having similar goals and greater public exposure.
- Novelty. The Avalanche Mainnet was launched in September 2020, making it a relatively newer protocol. Because of this, the network is yet to have its vulnerabilities and potential weaknesses thoroughly tested.
- Staking. AVAX block rewards are set to vary over time in accordance with governance decisions, which means any return on investment via staking will be dynamic. In the first year after launch, the staking reward is set at a target between 7% and 12%. Users may prefer the stable return rate from pegged tokens like Tether (USDT) or Binance USD (BUSD).
More guides on Finder
Best wallets for ICON in 2021
Your guide to the best wallets for storing and managing ICON’s ICX tokens, including tips on how to choose the right wallet for your needs.
CryptoTrader.Tax review: Automatic cryptocurrency tax reports
Learn more about CryptoTrader.Tax for automatic crypto tax reports.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
How to stake Ethereum
Learn how to earn ETH coins by locking up ETH with this guide.
What are security tokens?
Learn more about security tokens and why some experts consider them the next big thing in the cryptocurrency space.
How to earn passive income with cryptocurrency
It’s possible to make money from cryptocurrency without just buying low and selling high. Here’s how.
What is gas in the Ethereum network and how does gas work?
Find out how the Ethereum blockchain is powered by gas, the fuel that powers the EVM and drives the Ether cryptocurrency network.
Guarda Wallet – 2021 review
Learn more about the Guarda cryptocurrency wallet and find out how it works.
Enjin Smart Wallet review
If you want to know more about the features, security, supported currencies, and pros and cons of the Enjin mobile cryptocurrency wallet, check out this review.
Paano magbenta ng Smooth Love Potion (SLP)
Ang gabay na ito ay magpapakita sa iyo kung paano magbenta ng SLP sa kahit anong bansa. Ang SLP ay maaaring kitain bilang in-game currency sa blockchain game na Axie Infinity.
Ask an Expert