Citibank Debit MasterCard Account
Take advantage of zero foreign transaction fees or overseas ATM withdrawal fees, along with free international money transfers when using your Citibank Debit Mastercard account.
Citibank’s Debit Mastercard account is completely fee-free, meaning you don’t pay for international purchases or ATM withdrawals, and account holders can also enjoy free international money transfers to any account, anywhere in the world. With this and a host of other features, the Citibank Debit Mastercard Account is worth a look.
Compare Citibank to other money transfer services
What are the features of the Citibank Debit MasterCard Account?
- No foreign transaction fees or ATM withdrawal fees. The Citibank Debit MasterCard Account has no fees for foreign transactions or ATM withdrawals. This can save you money when travelling, as most debit cards and credit cards will charge a percentage fee for each transaction overseas, in addition to a typical flat rate fee per withdrawal.
- Linked Debit MasterCard. Account holders receive a Debit MasterCard, allowing you to shop online and in-store.
- Convenience and ATM network. Using your Debit MasterCard you can access your money at ATMs. The standard withdrawal fee for ATMs in the Philippines is P250. Citibank ATMs do not charge a fee. Although there are only a few in the country, there are over 13,000 Citibank ATMs worldwide.
- Withdraw Dollars or Pesos. You can draw up to PHP150,000 or equivalent local currency in whatever country you are in.
- Account tracking. Citibank helps you keep track of your spending and account activity with regular SMS notifications through Citi Alerts.
- Free international money transfers with Citibank Global Transfers. A key aspect of this account is international money transfers with no transfer fee.
How does the free international money transfers feature work?
Citibank offers a wide range of international money transfers with this account, but it’s important to understand how they work to avoid fees and charges. When you transfer funds in any currency from your Citibank account to any other account in the world, you will not be charged a transfer fee.
When you send money between Citibank accounts in participating countries your money will arrive instantly. When you transfer your money online to any other bank account your payment will be processed in three to five business days.
Terms and conditions explained in simple English
Citibank Global Transfers are available when you transfer money from Citibank in the Philippines to an eligible Citibank account in the selected countries listed below. A daily transfer limit applies and funds are converted to the destination amount specified by before the transfer. The exchange rate applies includes a commission for the conversion service. Depending on local regulations, transfers will typically reach the destination account immediately but can take up to 24 business hours.
Citibank Global transfers are available to the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Arab Emirates
How does this account help when you’re travelling?
If you use Citibank or any partner-branded ATMs overseas you won’t be charged ATM fees. With the MasterCard-branded debit card you can also shop using your own money when you’re travelling, and the account offers unlimited fee-free transactions.
What fees and charges are payable with this account?
The Citibank Debit MasterCard Account charges no monthly fees and no fees for international transactions or ATM withdrawals at supported banks. If you withdraw from an ATM in the Philippines which isn’t a Citibank ATM you’ll be charged ATM owner fees, which will depend on the ATM you use.
How do you activate the Citibank Debit MasterCard Account?
Activate your Citibank Debit MasterCard through any of the following methods:
- Text ACT<space>last 4 digits of your card number (i.e. ACT 1234) and send to 29480
- Log in to your Citibank Online account. Go to Services > My Profile > Card Activation
- Log in to your Citi Mobile App and go to the side menu and select Manage Your Cards > Card Activation
Call CitiPhone at 995-9999
- Enter your new card number
- Press 1 to request for your One-Time PIN(OTP)
- Press 1 to confirm receipt of OTP
- Enter your OTP
To set up an account you’ll need to provide the following basic details:
- Proof that you’re over the age of 18
- Two forms of ID – e.g. Driver’s Licence and Passport.
- Residential and contact details, including your current email address
Once you’ve provided this information and been approved for the account, you should receive details of your account and your Debit MasterCard soon after.
My account has been set up – how do I send money overseas?
Go to Payments and Transfers > Add a Payee > Follow the prompts on the page.
Ask an Expert