Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
ANZ International Money Transfers
You can send money quickly and securely to more than 99 countries with ANZ's international money transfer service.
ANZ offers a secure, quick and easy way to transfer money into an overseas account. The money is transferred electronically to the nominated bank account, usually within two business days.
You can transfer local currencies to more than 99 countries with ANZ, which is beneficial if you need to send money to more exotic countries that alternative providers may not support.
Before you sign up
As of February 2018, ANZ Philippines has closed its retail banking services in the country. ANZ Philippines currently specialises in providing financial products and services to institutional customers. These services include domestic and foreign currency lending, trade and supply chain services, debt capital market products, and foreign exchange, among others.
If you do have an ANZ bank account, you can send money to and from the Philippines as well as dozens of other countries. You can check out the other options you have for sending money overseas from the Philippines here.
ANZ’s exchange rates
ANZ offers real-time exchange rates when you send money overseas using ANZ Internet Banking, meaning the exchange rates are constantly updated. ANZ does charge a margin on top of the interbank exchange rate (known as the real exchange rate), with this margin varying between currencies.
The table below demonstrates an example of the exchange rates offered by ANZ for PHP40, compared to the interbank exchange rate across a range of the most popular currencies. As you can see from the below exchange rates, ANZ has applied a margin of about 2% on top of the interbank exchange rate. This table serves as an example of the rates offered by ANZ only, and you should always source a quote for the current exchange rates offered by the bank and the full list of currencies available.
|Currency||ANZ Exchange Rate*||Interbank Exchange Rate*|
|United States Dollars (USD)||0.7483||0.77|
|British Pounds (GBP)||0.5258||0.55|
|Canadian Dollars (CAD)||0.9413||0.98|
|Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)||5.874||6.08|
|New Zealand Dollars (NZD)||1.0182||1.05|
|Indian Rupees (INR)||48.46||50.66|
*These figures were correct as of 12 April 2018 at 3:00pm.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The amount you can transfer overseas depends on your daily Pay Anyone limit, that you set up when registering your relevant ANZ account. For example, if you’ve set up a daily Pay Anyone limit on your ANZ transaction account of PHP10,000, you cannot send more than this per day via an international money transfer with ANZ.
For business customers, the maximum amount you can transfer overseas is PHP6,000,000.
Currencies available with ANZ (online)
What types of transfers can you carry out with ANZ?
The following transfer options are available:
- Transfers via Internet banking – If you’ve registered for online banking, you can purchase currencies online through ‘international services’ in the ‘pay and transfer’ section of the ANZ banking portal. You can use your existing ANZ account or ANZ credit card.
- Transfers via Phone banking – You can facilitate international money transfers via ANZ Phone banking, if you’d like more support with your transfer.
- Through a branch – If you’d prefer to facilitate your transfer with ANZ in person, you can visit the Philippines ANZ branch.
The following transfer options are not available:
- Recurring transfers. You cannot set up recurring international money transfers with ANZ. All transfers are processed as immediate transfers.
- Forward or future transfers. You cannot lock in a transfer for a future date.
What are my customer service options?
If you’re ever stuck when you’re transferring funds with ANZ, you can always pop into their Philippines branch.
- Solaris One
Level 14, 130 Dela Rosa Street
Makati City 1229
What’s the registration and transfer process?
To send money internationally, you’ll need to be an existing ANZ customer. Then, follow the following steps to make a transfer:
1. Gather everything you need. Make sure you have the details you need to provide to ANZ, including:
- The amount you’d like to send and in which currency
- Your recipient’s full name, residential address and account number
- Details for your recipient’s bank including the name, address and SWIFT BIC or Branch Number
- IBAN (for payments to Europe) or Routing Number (for the US)
2. Facilitate the transfer. Log in to your ANZ Internet Banking (or call ANZ) and facilitate the international transfer, by providing all the transfer details and accepting the transaction. You’ll have an opportunity to review the current quoted exchange rate for your transfer before proceeding.
3. Transfer complete. ANZ will take care of the rest. You can track the status of your transfer via ANZ Internet Banking.
What are the pros and cons of using ANZ to send money overseas?
- Simple fee structure
- ANZ has a dedicated international payments support centre (free call)
- ANZ also has a physical branch that you can visit for personal service
- Large range of currencies (including exotic ones) available
- Transfers are backed by the ANZ Internet Banking Guarantee
- Exchange rates are not as competitive as some dedicated money transfer companies
- Cannot facilitate recurring international payments
Alternatives to ANZ Philippines
Check out these other alternatives to ANZ that you can use in the Philippines. Enter how much you want to send in the calculator below and see what your transfer could look like.
Frequently asked questions about ANZ international money transfers
More guides on Finder
Finder’s 2021 Bitcoin Predictions Report
We asked 47 experts for their cryptocurrency price predictions and took a deep dive into the Bitcoin price rally.
Work From Home Guide | Your First Step to Success
Useful tips and tricks that you can use to be successful at your first work from home job.
Where to buy materials for homemade Christmas gifts online
Feeling creative? Here’s where you can find materials to make homemade Christmas gifts.
Review: Paysera international money transfers
We review Paysera’s fees, rates and more for international payments and transfers.
TransferWise promo codes and discounts March 2021
Does Transferwise offer deals or discounts on money transfers?
Ria Money Transfer promo codes March 2021
How much could you save on your next Ria international money transfer? Check out these promo codes to find out.
Remitly promo codes and discounts March 2021
Don’t pay too much for a money transfer. Check out the latest Remitly promo codes and discounts.
How to buy and sell Algorand (ALGO)
Find out how to buy ALGO in the Philippines, which exchanges support it and how Algorand works.
How to buy Bitcoin SV
This how to buy guide will let you in on everything you need to know about buying, selling and trading BSV.
How to buy CRED (LBA)
A beginner’s guide to where and how to buy and sell LBA tokens, the native currency of the CRED lending platform.
Ask an Expert