Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Mariner Finance loans
Loan solutions for borrowers with all credit — but at the cost of a high starting APRs.
We take a look at one loan provider option, Mariner Finance, to help you narrow down your decision.
What types of loans does Mariner Finance offer?
Mariner Finance has a wide selection of financing options available, including:
- Rates. Starting at As low as 26.96% APR.
- Terms. 12 to 60 months.
- Loan type. Secured, unsecured.
- Uses. Home improvement, medical expenses, vacation, wedding, debt consolidation.
- Minimum loan amount. $1,000.
- Maximum loan amount. $25,000.
- Uses. Home purchase, refinancing, reverse mortgage.
- Terms. 15–30 years.
- Maximum loan. $3 million.
- Rates. As low as Starting at 3% APR.
- Terms. Up to 72 months.
- Loan type. Unsecured.
- Uses. New or used vehicle purchase, car refinancing.
- Minimum loan amount. $500.
- Maximum loan amount. $50,000.
Available in 22 states
Mariner Finance offers loans in the following states:
Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Why should I consider taking out a loan with Mariner Finance?
- No prepayment fees. Pay off your personal loan early without worrying about prepayment fees or penalties.
- Apply online. Complete your loan application online to see if you prequalify for a loan in your state. Successful applicants have at least five years of established credit history.
- Rapid funding. Should you qualify for a loan, typical time to funding is one business day.
- Cosigners welcome. Mariner allows you to add a cosigner to strengthen your application, and it doesn’t need to be a family member.
- Repeat borrowing available. If you keep up with loan payments, you could qualify for additional financing.
How much will it cost me to borrow with Mariner Finance?
The APR for a personal loan with Mariner Finance begins at a steep As low as 26.96%. But lenders that are willing to lend to those with poor credit tend to offer high APRs. Other lenders can offer rates as high as 30% or more.
Mariner doesn’t charge prepayment fees, so you don’t have to worry about being slammed with hidden penalties or fees for paying off your loan early.
Origination fees and late fees vary by state, so check with your local Mariner Finance branch to learn more about the fees associated with your loan.
Is it safe to apply for a Mariner Finance loan online?
Yes. Mariner Finance’s website uses a 128-bit SSL-encryption to keep your personal information safe. Moreover, its site is simple and easy to navigate, with well-organized information that pertains to each of its loans. You can apply for a loan and then log into your account to review your loan details.
Customer service is available by calling 800-373-4004 or by visiting a branch in-person — Monday through Friday. Branch hours depend on both branch and state.
How to apply for a loan with Mariner Finance
Mariner Finance will assess your information and let you know if you prequalify for a loan.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid visa.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Established credit history of at least five years.
- Have a valid bank account.
Pros and cons of borrowing through Mariner Finance
|One-day funding turnaround||High interest rates starting at As low as 26.96% APR|
|No prepayment fees or penalties||Maximum personal loan cap of $25,000|
|Low credit score borrowers accepted||Lack of loan fee transparency for potential borrowers|
|Repeat borrowing potential||Limited access to customer service on weekends|
Compare more personal loan providers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More about the company
Mariner Finance is a non-traditional lender that offers options to borrowers who may not qualify with traditional providers. Mariner Finance was founded in 2002 and with its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. With over 450 branch locations across 22 states, this lender has the resources to provide competitive, flexible loan solutions for its borrowers.
Pioneer Credit is merging with Mariner Finance
You may have been directed to apply with Mariner Finance if you’ve called Pioneer Credit for a personal or auto loan. This is because Mariner Finance owns Pioneer Credit and is in the process of merging the companies together under the name of Mariner Finance.
The loan term and interest you receive will vary by store, but it doesn’t matter if you’re applying with Mariner Finance or Pioneer Credit — as the companies merge, you’ll be dealing more and more with Mariner Finance.
Like with all loans, be sure to read your contract carefully before you sign, and don’t hesitate to contact customer service with any questions you might have about the differences between Mariner Finance and Pioneer Credit.
Mariner Finance focuses on personal, car and home loan solutions for borrowers with poor credit. This lender offers quick access to funds and no prepayment fees, but its interest rates for personal loans are high and it doesn’t offer any in-person customer support on weekends.
Remember to explore your options with other lenders to find the most competitive rates and terms.
Frequently asked questions about Mariner Finance
More guides on Finder
Mariner Finance car loans review
With affordable APRs, car loans up to $50,000 and offers available for bad credit borrowers, Mariner Finance could be the lender for you.
Mariner Finance personal loans review
This online and physical branch lender funds personal loans in as little as one business day. No minimum credit score required.
Ask an Expert