LightStream lets you submit an online personal loan application and you can get the money you need on the day you apply.
LightStream operates as an online lending division of SunTrust Bank. If you find a personal loan with a lower APR than what LightStream offers, it offers to match the same provided it meets certain terms. It also provides a $100 guarantee that you can make use of if you’re not satisfied with the overall loan experience.
LightStream provides unsecured and secured loans. LightStream also provides car refinancing solutions, boat loans, aircraft financing, IVF financing, adoption financing, prek-12 student loans, medical and dental financing, and financing for most other purposes.
LightStream Personal Loans
Apply for a LightStream Personal Loan and get access to low rates from this online lender.
- Min. Loan Amount: $5,000
- Max. Loan Amount: $100,000
- Loan Term: Flexible Terms
- Turnaround Time: Varies †
- Quick response during business hours
- Same day funding if approved
- Confidential and secure!
Types of personal loans you can apply for from LightStream
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
* The APR listed 2.19% p.a. is for an unsecured dealer used auto loan between $10,000 and $24,999 with a term between 24 and 36 months, for applicants with excellent credit. Your APR may differ based on loan purpose, amount, term, and your credit profile. Rate is quoted with AutoPay discount, which is only available when you select AutoPay prior to loan funding. Rates under the invoicing option are 0.50% higher. If your application is approved, your credit profile will determine whether your loan will be unsecured or secured. Subject to credit approval. Conditions and limitations apply. Advertised rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Payment Example: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 5.99% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $304.17.
† You can fund your loan today if: today is a banking business day, your application is approved, and you complete the following steps by 2:30 p.m. Eastern time: (1) review and electronically sign your loan agreement; (2) provide us with your funding preferences and relevant banking information; and (3) complete the final verification process.”
- Home improvement loans. LightStream provides home improvement loans in the form of basement remodel loans, hot tub financing, kitchen remodel financing, landscape financing, solar financing, and swimming pool financing. The annual percentage rate depends on the loan amount and loan term.
- Recreation loans. LightStream’s recreation loans include boat loans, boat refinancing, boat repair financing, destination club financing, RV loans and RV refinancing, as well as timeshare loans.
- Family life loans. Under this category, you can get adoption loans, dental loans, IVF/fertility treatment financing, medical financing, PreK-12 financing, and wedding loans. Here too, the APR you pay depends on the loan amount and loan term.
- Other options. You can turn to LightStream to get a debt consolidation loan and reduce the amount you’re paying as interest. LightStream also provides aircraft financing, horse loans, horse trailer loans, jewelry financing, land purchase loans, and tiny home financing. The APR you have to pay depends on the purpose of the loan, how much money you borrow and the loan term you choose.
Features of a LightStream personal loan
Take some time to review the following before applying for a LightStream loan:
- Great rates for excellent credit. Individuals who have excellent credit ratings can benefit by getting highly competitive APRs. Fixed rates as low as 2.19% p.a.*.
- Quick access to funds. Submitting an online application takes little time, and if you apply during business hours you can find out about your application’s status on the same day. If you sign your loan agreement, provide LightStream with relevant banking information and go through the final verification process before 02:30pm EST you can get access to approved funds on the same day.
- Best loan experience guarantee. After you get the money, if you’re not satisfied with the loan experience, you can get $100 through LightStream’s best loan experience guarantee. To get this money you have to complete a simple questionnaire.
- Rate match offer. LightStream says it will match a lower APR if it meets certain terms and conditions. For instance, no third party arrangement, manufacturer discount or rate buy-down should support a lender’s APR, and the rate on offer should be available to all individuals with similar credit risks.
- No fees. You don’t have to pay any loan origination fees, and LightStream does not charge any other kind of fees. You can prepay your loan ahead of time without paying any penalties.
- Online account management. LightStream lets you use its online platform for different reasons. You can review your loan’s payment history, you can make additional payments, you can make changes to your personal and security information and applying for a new loan is easy.
- Payment options. If you choose to make payments via AutoPay you can potentially benefit from a lower APR. You can also make payments via checks, which you’ll have to mail to LightStream.
What other products does LightStream offer?
LightStream provides different types of unsecured and secured vehicle loans which include auto refinancing, classic car financing, lease buyout, motorcycle loans, new car loans, private party auto purchase loans, and used car loans. The APR you would have to pay for a new car purchase would be lower than what you’d have to pay if you buy a used car from a dealer, and buying a used car from an individual seller would have you paying an even higher APR.
The loan amount of a LightStream vehicle loan can vary in between $5,000 and $100,000, and the loan term can extend up to 84 months. These fixed rate loans don’t attract any fees or prepayment penalties.
How to apply for a personal loan from LightStream
If you want to apply for a LightStream loan simply click on the “Go to Site” button. You have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You have good or excellent credit rating
- Your income and assets can support your existing debt obligations as well as the desired loan amount
Applying requires that you provide some personal information, which includes the following:
- Your name, date of birth, and social security number
- Your home address, email address, and phone number
- Details about your employment
- Details about your income and expenses
Frequently asked questions
Can I get a loan for college through LightStream?
LightStream does not provide loans for college or post-secondary education expenses, nor do they refinance previous college or post-secondary education loans.
For how long are my funds available?
When you are approved for a LightStream loan you have 30 days to have the funds transferred into your account. Once 30 days have passed, the application will expire and you will have to re-apply for a loan.
Can I get pre-approved?
LightStream does not provide loan pre-approvals and they do not take application information via phone, fax, or email. You must complete and submit your online application in order to be considered for a loan.