LightStream lets you submit an online personal loan application, and you can get the money you need on the day* you apply.
LightStream operates as an online lending division of SunTrust Bank. If you find a personal loan with a lower APR than what LightStream offers, the lender can match the same provided it meets certain terms†. LightStream also provides a $100 guarantee§ that you can make use of if you’re not satisfied with the overall loan experience.
LightStream provides both secured and unsecured loans. Secured loans require collateral while unsecured loans don’t. LightStream also provides car refinancing solutions, boat loans, aircraft financing, IVF financing, adoption financing, PreK-12 student loans, medical and dental financing, and financing for most other purposes.
LightStream Personal Loans
Apply for a LightStream Personal Loan and get access to low rates from this online lender.
- Min. Loan Amount: $5,000
- Max. Loan Amount: $100,000
- Loan Term: Flexible Terms
- Turnaround Time: Varies
- Quick response during business hours
- Same-day funding is available*
- Confidential and secure
Types of personal loans you can apply for from LightStream
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
LightStream provides loans of $5,000 to $100,000 for most legitimate purposes. Your options include:
- Home improvement loans. LightStream provides home improvement loans in the form of basement remodel loans, hot tub financing, kitchen remodel financing, landscape financing, solar financing, and swimming pool financing. The annual percentage rate depends on the loan amount, loan term and your credit profile.
- Recreation loans. LightStream’s recreation loans include boat loans, boat refinancing, boat repair financing, destination club financing, RV loans and RV refinancing, as well as timeshare loans.
- Family life loans. Under this category, you can get adoption loans, dental loans, IVF/fertility treatment financing, medical financing, PreK-12 financing, and wedding loans. Here too, the APR you pay depends on the loan amount and loan term.
- Other options. You can turn to LightStream to get a debt consolidation loan and reduce the amount you’re paying as interest. LightStream also provides aircraft financing, horse loans, horse trailer loans, jewelry financing, land purchase loans, and tiny home financing. The APR you have to pay depends on the purpose of the loan, how much money you borrow and the loan term you choose.
What other products does LightStream offer?
LightStream provides different types vehicle loans including: auto refinancing, classic car financing, lease buyout, new car loans, private party auto purchase loans, and used car loans.
The loan amount of a LightStream vehicle loan can vary between $5,000 and $100,000, and the loan term can extend up to 84 months. These fixed rate loans don’t come with any fees or prepayment penalties.
Here’s a payment example for a vehicle loan: Monthly payments for a $10,000 loan at 5.99% APR with a term of 3 years would result in 36 monthly payments of $304.17.
Here’s a complete list of LightStream’s current loan offerings:
- Auto Refinance
- Classic Car
- New Car
- Used Car
- Home Improvement
- Kitchen & Bath Remodeling
- Swimming Pool
- Aircraft Loans & Refinancing
- Boat Loans & Refinancing
- Fractional Loans & Refinancing
- Timeshare Loans & Refinancing
- Motorcycle Loans & Refinancing
- RV/Trailer Loans & Refinancing
- Education (PreK-12 Only)
- Medical & Dental
Almost Anything Else
- Credit Card/Debt Consolidation
- Other Loan & Refinance
Features of a LightStream personal loan
Take some time to review the following before applying for a LightStream loan:
- Great rates for excellent credit. Individuals who have excellent credit ratings can benefit by getting highly competitive APRs. Fixed rates as low as 2.19% p.a., with AutoPay**.
- Quick access to funds. Submitting an online application takes little time, and if you apply during business hours you can find out about your application’s status on the same day. If you sign your loan agreement, provide LightStream with relevant banking information and go through the final verification process before 02:30pm EST you can get access to approved funds on the same day.
- Best loan experience guarantee. After you get the money, if you’re not satisfied with the loan experience, you can get $100 through LightStream’s best loan experience guarantee§. To get this money you have to complete a simple questionnaire.
- Rate match offer. LightStream says it will match a lower APR if it meets certain terms and conditions†. For instance, no third party arrangement, manufacturer discount or rate buy-down should support a lender’s APR, and the rate on offer should be available to all individuals with similar credit risks.
- No fees. You don’t have to pay any loan origination fees, and LightStream does not charge any other kind of fees. You can prepay your loan ahead of time without paying any penalties.
- Online account management. LightStream lets you use its online platform for different reasons. You can review your loan’s payment history, you can make additional payments, you can make changes to your personal and security information and applying for a new loan is easy.
- Payment options. If you choose to make payments via AutoPay you can potentially benefit from a lower APR. You can also make payments via checks, which you’ll have to mail to LightStream.
How to apply for a personal loan from LightStream
If you want to apply for a LightStream loan simply click on the “Go to Site” button. You have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You have good or excellent credit rating
- Your income and assets can support your existing debt obligations as well as the desired loan amount
Applying requires that you provide some personal information, which includes the following:
- Your name, date of birth, and social security number
- Your home address, email address, and phone number
- Details about your employment
- Details about your income and expenses
Frequently asked questions
Can I get a loan for college through LightStream?
LightStream does not provide loans for college or post-secondary education expenses, nor do they refinance previous college or post-secondary education loans.
For how long are my funds available?
When you are approved for a LightStream loan you have 30 days to have the funds transferred into your account. Once 30 days have passed, the application will expire and you will have to re-apply for a loan.
Can I get pre-approved?
LightStream does not provide loan pre-approvals and they do not take application information via phone, fax, or email. You must complete and submit your online application in order to be considered for a loan.