Enjoy no interest on purchases of $99 or more within six months.
- Get this credit option to pay for your PayPal purchases.
- Pick something else if you don’t shop with PayPal.
- Apply with a good credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||PayPal Credit|
|Standard Purchase APR||26.24% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $38|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $27|
|Rates & Fees||Rates & Fees|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
If you frequently use PayPal for your purchases, PayPal Credit might be worth looking into. This reusable credit line is built into your PayPal account, offering the flexibility to pay for your purchases over time.
For purchases over $99, you can get a promotion of six months to pay off your balance with no interest but you have to pay it in full within six months. Otherwise, you’ll pay the standard APR from the day you made your purchase.
Another option with a 0% intro APR
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Six month no-interest promo period.
Spend more than $99 on your PayPal purchase for access to a promotional no-interest credit line that gives you up to six months to fully pay off what you’ve borrowed. If you fail to pay off your balance within the six months, you’ll pay the standard APR that applies to your account starting from the moment you made your purchase. The promotional financing option doesn’t apply to sending payments.
No annual fee.
You won’t pay a fee each year for access to this credit line.
You’ll also like …
If you don’t receive your order or items as expected — for instance, you receive a “new” item that’s clearly used — PayPal reimburses the full price you paid plus original shipping costs.
If you want to return your order, PayPal refunds the cost of sending it back — up to $30 on each claim for 12 eligible purchases a year.
Connect PayPal Credit to simplify your checkout across multiple sites without logging in or repeatedly submitting your billing info.
What to watch out for
If you don’t pay your balance on time for purchases of $98.99 or less, you’ll incur a 26.24% variable APR on your purchases. The same APR applies for the promo no-interest period on purchases of $99 or more if you fail to pay your balance in full within six months.
Minimum credit line.
Your credit line depends on your overall creditworthiness. Despite that, PayPal won’t extend a credit line of less than $250.
Doesn’t affect your credit score.
Aside from a credit pull when you apply, PayPal and Synchrony Bank won’t report your credit activity to the credit bureaus. This means you won’t be able to build or rebuild your credit with PayPal Credit.
Which credit bureau does PayPal use?
Synchrony Bank, the issuer of PayPal Credit, pulls your credit from TransUnion in most cases.
Compare credit cards with no annual fee
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the PayPal Credit, log in to your PayPal account and:
- Confirm or update your billing address and phone number.
- Add the last four digits of your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Provide your annual income after taxes.
What credit score do I need?
You’re in a better position for PayPal Credit approval with a good to excellent credit score.
What do customers say about PayPal Credit?
PayPal acquired the Bill Me Later service in 2008 and re-released it as PayPal Credit in 2014. Satisfied customers on Reddit and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) like the high credit line they received from the start or managed to get after using the service. Many also praised the six month no-interest promotion for purchases of $99 or more if paid in full within six months.PayPal Credit is backed by Synchrony Bank, which has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2006, earning an A+ based on the BBB’s internal criteria. Most complaints with the BBB relate to poor customer service from the bank in general and what customers believe were hidden fees.
Unsatisfied customers of PayPal Credit also frequently complain on the BBB site and Reddit about declined payments. To avoid surprises, carefully read the terms of your service and try to pay your balance early, in case your payment is declined.
How to apply for PayPal Credit
- Log in to your PayPal account and look for the PayPal Credit. Click Apply now.
- Fill out the required information, including your date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my PayPal Credit?
You’ll see if you’re approved in minutes, and you can begin using your PayPal Credit right away.
I got the credit. Now what?
- Download the app. Manage your credit and make payments through the PayPal mobile app. You can also make purchases or send money to friends and family without fees.
- Avoid interest. Always pay your balance in full to avoid paying interest on your purchases. For the no-interest promotional period of six months for purchases of $99 or more, pay your balance within six months. Otherwise, you’ll incur retroactive interest on your full balance from your date of purchase.
- Get help. Call PayPal support at 866-528-3733 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET and weekends from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET.
If you often buy items of $99 or more through PayPal, the no-interest promotional period of six months offered by PayPal Credit can save you money. Just make sure to pay off what you owe in that time, or you’ll pay interest on what you owe back to the moment of purchase.
If you prefer to earn rewards on your spending or want to build or rebuild your credit, compare other credit cards to find the best fit for your needs.