Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Payless ShoeSource was founded with the idea that buying shoes for the whole family shouldn’t cost a fortune.
Today, Payless ShoeSource is the largest specialty family footwear retailer in the Western Hemisphere and still provides a great selection of quality shoes for a fraction of the cost of other retailers.
What is Payless ShoeSource?
Payless started as a modest self-select shoe store in Topeka, Kansas, back in 1956. More than 60 years later, Payless is a popular name in the business, offering authentic brands like American Eagle, Champion, Airwalk and many more at affordable prices. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or the whole family, Payless.com has your bases covered.
What can I buy at Payless.com?
- Women’s shoes. Athletic sneakers to fashion heels and any shoes in between, Payless.com offers a wide selection.
- Men’s shoes. Men can find all the footwear they need in one convenient place, from sandals to dress shoes.
- Kids’ shoes. Children will love selecting from their favorite Disney, Marvel and Nickelodeon characters.
- Accessories. Find more than just footwear — shop a variety of purses, socks, tights and shoe care.
- Sale and clearance. As if Payless.com’s prices weren’t already low enough, you can find absolute steals on their sale and clearance racks.
What sets Payless.com apart?
In addition to offering a large selection of women’s, men’s and kids’ footwear, Payless also offers specialty items like slip-resistant shoes, extended sizes, bridal and other special-occasion shoes.
Didn’t I hear that Payless is closing its stores?
April 2017 brought news that Payless is filing for bankruptcy, resulting in the immediately closure of 400 stores in the US and Puerto Rico. Bad news for Payless could mean savings for you if you live near these stores that’ll be looking to offload their inventory at heavy discounts.
Keep an eye on the headlines to learn more about how this bankruptcy will affect shopping Payless.com.
If you’re shopping for shoes on a budget, Payless.com is a great place to start. Unless you’re looking for a specific brand, chances are you’ll find what you need at Payless ― and at a great price to boot (pun intended)!
Frequently asked questions
- Large selection. There’s something for the whole family, plus a shoe for every occasion.
- Payless Rewards Program. Earn free ground shipping on orders of $50 or more, exclusive member coupons and a birthday surprise when you join.
- In-store returns on online purchases. Take back your purchase at any convenient Payless store location for a refund or exchange.
- Great low prices. One of the biggest benefits of shopping at Payless.com is the great deals on just about everything.
- Free in-store shipping on $25 purchase. Spend just $25 and receive free shipping on your entire order when you pick it up at a Payless store.
- Limited designer brands. Payless.com offers many authentic brands, but if you’re looking for a specific high-end designer shoe, you’re probably not going to find it here.
- No international shipping. You cannot ship your order to an address outside of the United States.
Shipping and Delivery
|In store — $5.95 or free for orders of $25 or more||3 to 7 business days|
|Standard — $5.95||3 to 7 business days|
|Expedited — $11.95||2 business days|
|Rush — $17.95||1 business day|
|Surcharges — $10 for deliveries to Alaska and Hawaii|
Payless.com accepts all major credit cards, gift cards and PayPal.
Return any online purchase to your nearest Payless ShoeSource location and receive a refund in the original form of payment.
If you paid with PayPal, return your item in store for a gift card or mail in your return for a cash refund.
More guides on Finder
Teladoc review 2020
Find out how this telemedicine app stacks up against its younger competitors.
Stores that will refund you if prices drop for Black Friday
Here’s what you need to know about price protection policies ahead of Black Friday, from time frames to product exclusions.
Porch pirates statistics
Porch piracy is alive and well, but there are ways to protect your deliveries this holiday season.
Moomoo stock trading review
Features and fees to consider before you open an account with this trading platform.
5 ways to keep your pet healthy and happy during the holidays
Prepare your pet for the festive season up ahead, with food deliveries, cute toys and some helpful tips for keeping your fur ball healthy.
Here’s what you need to know about Chewy, the popular pet retailer that offers fast shipping, a wide-variety of products and 24/7 customer service.
Purchase items you need over six months with no interest or fees, but be aware of the drawbacks. Zebit allows financing through its credit line for purchases made on its site.
Where to buy VOTE clothes and shoes
To prep for election day — and remind your fellow citizens to exercise their Constitutional right — shop VOTE shoes, apparel, accessories and more.
Walmart+ review: Benefits, drawbacks and is it worth it?
Here’s what you need to know about Walmart’s new membership service, from its free delivery options to all the in-store perks.
How to maximize your savings for Black Friday 2020
Black Friday deals will look different this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, but there are still plenty of ways to save. See our top tips for holiday savings.
Ask an Expert