Want to apply for a payday loan in North Dakota? Find out everything you need to know in the guide below.
Payday loans are often sought out when there’s a need for small-dollar cash loans. If you’re thinking about applying for a payday loan in North Dakota, going through this guide will serve you well.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
Are payday loans legal in North Dakota?
Payday loans, also referred to as cash advances and short term loans, are legal in this state. North Dakota payday loan laws, as listed under the North Dakota Century Code 13-08-01 et seq, govern the functioning of all payday lenders in North Dakota.
The most you can borrow through a North Dakota cash advance is $500. However, a lender cannot provide you with a loan if the total of your existing payday loans, through one or more lender, exceeds $600. The maximum loan term is 60 days.
Upon paying off your loan, you have to wait for at least three business days before you can get a new loan.
A selection of loans you can apply for
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
How a North Dakota payday loan might benefit you
Cash loans in North Dakota are popular for several reasons. Here’s why you can think about getting one:
- There are a number of options. In your hunt for some quick money, you can choose from a wide array of North Dakota payday lenders. If you prefer dealing with a lender in-person, you can work with one that has a store or kiosk around where you live or work. Otherwise, the online world presents a good deal of alternatives.
- It is a quick and easy process. If you’re applying online you can submit your application from anywhere, as long as you have access to Internet. Some lenders verify your credentials online, so you don’t have to fax any documents. The process is simple if you apply in-store as well. Depending on how you apply, you can get the approved money straightaway or by the next business day.
- You can apply with poor credit. Most North Dakota payday lenders take your existing financial situation and ability to make payments into consideration when you for a loan. This is why you can apply for a payday loan even if you have less than perfect creditworthiness.
- You can use the funds for any purpose. Payday lenders give you considerable freedom when it comes to how you can use the money. Proceeds of the loan can go towards paying outstanding bills, taking a vacation, repairing your car and so on.
What fees and charges do North Dakota payday loans come with?
North Dakota payday lending state statutes influence how much you may end up paying as fees. Here’s what you need to know:
- Maximum finance rate and fees. Payday lenders in North Dakota cannot charge more than 20% of the loan amount as fees. A lender may also charge a fee, not to exceed the cost, for registering a transaction on a database that the commissioner of financial institutions administers or authorizes. The maximum finance charge for a 14 days $100 loan is $20. The maximum APR for a 14 days $100 loan is 520%
- Collection fees. If disclosed in the loan agreement, a lender can charge an NSF fee of $20.
- Rollover fees. The rollover fee cannot exceed 20% of the amount you wish to renew.
How can I apply for a North Dakota payday loan?
You can apply online or by visiting any payday lender’s store. Remember that you have to meet some basic eligibility criteria to qualify:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re an American citizen or a permanent resident of this country
- You have a steady source of income
As part of the application process, you have to provide some personal and work related information:
- You should be at least 18 years of age
- You should be an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You should have a regular source of income
To complete your application successfully, prepare to submit some basic information:
- Your name, date of birth, social security number and a valid form of ID such as your driver’s license or passport
- Your residential address, email address and phone number
- Details about your employment and income
- If you’re applying online, details of your existing checking account
Important information about payday loans
While payday loans can be beneficial for some, they aren’t always the best option for everyone. Follow the link for more information on payday loan alternatives.
Have any more questions about North Dakota payday loans?
How many times can I rollover a North Dakota cash advance?
You can rollover a payday loan in North Dakota only once.
Who can I contact to file a complaint about a payday lender in North Dakota?
You should contact the North Dakota Department of Financial Institutions.
Do North Dakota payday loan laws allow criminal action for non-payment of a payday loan?
A lender cannot take criminal action if you don’t repay a payday loan, but you may be subject to a civil suit.