A Nevada short term loan can get you money in a hurry. Here’s what you need to know.
Payday loans, also referred to as short term loans, find many takers in Nevada. If you live in Nevada and are considering borrowing a small cash loan, this guide sheds light on the important information surrounding payday lending in the state.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
Are payday loans legal in Nevada?
Yes, payday loans (or short term loans) in Nevada are legal. Nevada payday loan laws state that a lender can’t provide a loan exceeding 25% of a borrower’s gross monthly income at the time of making the loan. The maximum loan term is 35 days. However, this can extend up to 90 days if the initial contract lets you make payments in installments without being subject to an extension.
A lender that provides cash loans in Nevada should have a valid license issued by the Nevada Financial Institutions Division. You can rescind a Nevada payday loan on or before the next business day’s end of business hours.
Are payday loans legal in Carson City, Nevada?
Consider these lenders for a short term loan in Nevada
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
How a Nevada short term loan might help you
Here’s why you might consider getting a short term loan in Nevada:
- Multiple options. There are numerous direct short term loan lenders in Nevada to choose from. While some of these operate only in the online world, others have physical outlets as well. If you don’t want to carry out extensive research on your own, you can get a loan matching service to find a suitable loan.
- Easy process. You can apply for a Nevada short term loan online in a matter of minutes. If you live or work near a payday lender’s store, applying can be breeze. Depending on how you apply, you can get your hands on the money on the same day or by the following business day.
- Apply with poor credit. Applying for a typical short term loan doesn’t require you to have perfect creditworthiness. This is because direct short term loan lenders in Nevada also take your existing financial situation and ability to repay into account.
- Use the money for different purposes. There is no hard and fast rule surrounding what you can do with proceeds from a short term loan, provided you use the money for legitimate purposes. You can use funds from a short term loan to pay bills, repair your car, buy a gift or get by after a temporary setback.
What fees and charges do Nevada short term loans come with?
Nevada payday loan laws have a bearing on how much your loan may end up costing. Here’s what you need to know:
- Maximum finance rate and fees. Payday laws of Nevada don’t specify the maximum finance rate. As a result, there is no limit on the finance charge or APR for a payday loan. After default, a lender cannot charge interest exceeding the prime rate at the largest bank in Nevada plus 10%.
- Collection fees. Direct payday lenders in Nevada can charge dishonored check fees of $25. A lender can charge fees for insufficient funds not more than twice and no more than one fee for a closed account. You may also have to pay reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs and service of process costs if you are summoned to court for defaulting.
- Rollover fees. There are no specifics surrounding rollover of payday loans in Nevada. However, a lender can’t extend a term beyond 60 days after the expiry of the initial loan term.
How to apply for a Nevada short term loan
Applying for short term loans in Nevada is simple. You can apply online or by visiting a payday lender’s store. Applying requires that you meet some basic eligibility criteria, which include:
- You should be at least 18 years of age
- You should be an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You should have a regular source of income
To complete your application successfully, prepare to submit some basic information:
- Your name, date of birth, social security number and a valid form of ID such as your driver’s license or passport
- Your residential address, email address and phone number
- Details about your employment and income
- If you’re applying online, details of your existing checking account
Important information about payday loans
While payday loans can be beneficial for some, they aren’t always the best option for everyone. Follow the link for more information on payday loan alternatives.
Have any more questions about Nevada short term loans?
Is there a limit to the maximum number of payday loans I can take at the same time?
Nevada payday loan laws don’t have a stipulation in place regarding a maximum number of payday loans you can take out at once. However, it’s a good idea to consider payday loan alternatives before taking out multiple loans.
Can a payday lender in Nevada harass me because of non-payment of a loan?
No, you have rights as a consumer. Defaulters may have to face civil action. But if you experience harassment, report the lender to the Nevada Financial Institutions Division or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
How do I set up a payment plan for a payday loan if I'm struggling making payments?
You could contact the lender directly and see if they’re willing to work with you on a payment plan arrangement that fits your budget. Some lenders may charge additional fees for extending your loan, but it’s worth asking about if you think you might not be able to afford the original loan repayment terms.