Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Short-term loans in Wichita, Kansas
Before you borrow, make sure you know how Kansas regulations affect your loan.
No matter if you choose an online lender or a nearby store, all lenders in Wichita must abide by Kansas law. If you’re ready to find a lender, learn how these laws impact you — and what you might need to pay for a payday loan.
Can I get a payday loan in Wichita, Kansas?
Yes. Payday loans in Wichita are governed by Kansas Revised Statutes 16a-2-404 and 16a-2-405. According to these, you can borrow up to $500. Loan terms last between 7 to 30 days, and lenders may charge a financing fee of up to 15% of the loan’s value. This means that a loan of $500 would cost $75 in fees.
In addition to these basic regulations, Kansas also gives borrowers the right to rescind a payday loan by the next business day after the agreeing to a loan.
Consider these lenders for a payday loan in Wichita
What do I need to apply?
Before you get started on an application, make sure you meet these basic requirements: you must have a steady source of income, be a US citizen or permanent resident and be at least 18 years old. If you aren’t, a lender typically won’t be able to lend to you — although there are options for those without steady income or permanent resident status.
If you meet your lender’s basic criteria, you’ll need to provide some basic personal information about yourself. This includes:
- Your name, address, email and phone number
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and details from your state-issued ID
- Your employer’s name and your gross monthly income
- Your bank account details if applying online
Where to find short-term loan locations in Wichita
Short-term loan locations near me in Wichita, KS
- Fast Payday Loans. 2560 S Seneca St, Wichita, KS 67217
- Money Shack Payday Loans. 5530 W Central Ave, Wichita, KS 67212
- Net Pay Advance, Inc. 455 N Maize Ct, Wichita, KS 67212
- Payday Money Store. 530 S West St #100, Wichita, KS 67213
- Quik Cash. 447 N Oliver Ave, Wichita, KS 67208
Must read: Be cautious of extremely short term
Although it’s in the name, short-term loans tend to be due anywhere from 14 to 30 days after you borrow. However, Kansas allows lenders in Wichita and throughout the state to have some of the shortest terms in the country — a minimum of seven days. This means that you may have to repay your loan, including any fees you’ve accrued, within one week of borrowing. That doesn’t give many people much time to get the money they need together, especially if you regularly struggle with financial problems.
If you think you may not be able to repay your loan by the due date, you may want to look into another type of short-term loan or browse our guide to payday loan alternatives to find an option that better suits your needs.
What are my other short-term loan options in Wichita?
If payday loans are too limiting, you may want to consider these two options when looking for a short-term loan.
- Installment loans. In Kansas, you can borrow up to $25,000 with an installment loan. Interest is capped at 36% for balances of $860 or less and at 21% for balances greater than $860. However, keep in mind that there are no minimum or maximum terms. The length of your loan — and the amount you’ll end up paying in interest — is determined by your lender.
- Auto title loans. Although they aren’t completely legal in Kansas, you can still borrow an auto title loan in Wichita. Lenders get around the 36% rate cap by registering auto title loans as open-ended credit, which means they can charge high APRs. Because of this, you’ll want to carefully read your title loan contract and make sure you can afford the terms. If you default, you risk having your vehicle repossessed.
Although payday loans can be expensive — especially if you’re stuck with a loan term on the lower end of the legal limit — Kansas does have a few positive regulations, including the ability to rescind your loan within one business day.
If you’re curious about how else payday loans are regulated, read our guide on short-term loans in Kansas. And if you’re ready to apply, you can compare your payday loan options to find a good deal for your finances.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert