This is what you’ll need to know if you’re considering a payday loan in Raleigh, North Carolina.
If you’re short on cash and looking for quick funds to get you by, you might be considering a payday loan. Our guide offers other options you might want to consider when you can’t get a payday loan in Raleigh.
Can I get a payday loan in Raleigh?
No. Payday loans are prohibited in North Carolina. In 2001, the state repealed the North Carolina General Statutes 53-281. Amendments that the state have made since have also restricted lenders from offering payday loans or similar options.
All payday lenders that previously operated in Raleigh have either shut up shop or started offering loans in compliance with the new regulations. For example, a small loan provider in Raleigh can’t charge an annual percentage rate (APR) of more than 36% according to the North Carolina General Statutes 53-173, cited as the Consumer Finance Act.
Why are payday loans illegal in Raleigh?Because Raleigh must follow the laws of North Carolina and North Carolina has banned the practice, you won’t be able to get a payday loan in the city. This is because many consumer advocate groups and lawmakers consider payday lending a predatory practice designed to keep people in debt. You can find other options below.
Installment loan options you might want to consider
How else can I get money in Raleigh?
While payday loans are illegal in Raleigh, you have other options to get money or credit when you need it.
- Apply for an installment loan. Installment loans have longer terms than payday loans. You pay back what you borrow in equal installments over a set schedule. If you apply for one, remember that the APR can’t be more than 36%.
- Look into tribal loans. You can find a tribal lender. Since these lenders are based on tribal land, they are considered a sovereign entity and are able to provide loans to residents of North Carolina.
- Check out local social services. Public assistance programs like the North Carolina Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) and the Crisis Intervention Program can help you when you’re struggling to make ends meet.
Cash advance locations in Raleigh, NC
Cash advance locations in Raleigh
- Lendmark Financial Services. 6210 Plantation Center Dr #107, Raleigh, NC 27616
- Raleigh Durham Check Cashers. 2235 New Hope Church Rd, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
- Raleigh Durham Check Cashers. 3225 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604
- Regional Finance. 1829 Capital Blvd Suite 105, Raleigh, NC 27604
- Picasso Pawn. 1609 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27604
- New Southern Loans, Inc. 7041 Knightdale Blvd, Knightdale, NC 27545
- Dalia Check Cashing. 5525 Western Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Plaza West Jewelry & Loan Inc. 133 Jones Franklin Rd, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Lendmark Financial Services LLC. Lexington Dr, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Check Cashing Of Raleigh. 1100 Raleigh Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27610
- New Bern Check Cashing. 1609 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610,
- Check Cashing & More Inc. 1410 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610
- Picasso Pawn. 2609 S Saunders St, Raleigh, NC 27603, USA