If you need extra money to see you through the next couple of weeks, a payday loan might be able to help.
Whether an unexpected expense came up or you had to take unpaid time off from work, there are plenty of reasons you might have to need money. Residents of Providence can go through this guide to find out how payday loans work and if you should invest in one.
- Easy online application
- Quick approval
- Fast funding
- Long repayment terms
OppLoans Installment Loans
Installment loans with competitive rates from a top-rated direct lender.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: 1 business day
- Loan term: 9 to 36 months
- Must have direct deposit and meet minimum income requirements.
What laws affect payday loans in Providence?
All payday lenders with operations in Providence have to abide by the Rhode Island Statutes Title 19 Chapter 19.14.4-1 et seq. These regulations also apply to out-of-state lenders that provide online loans to residents of Providence.
You can borrow up to $500 with a minimum term of 13 days in the state of Rhode Island. Lenders may only charge a financing fee of $10 per $100 of the loan.
How much it will cost you to borrow a payday loan in ProvidenceSince payday lenders can only charge $10 per $100 you borrow, calculating the potential cost of your loan is simple. Of course, this doesn’t include any database fee or other charges a lender might charge you.
If you borrow $500, for instance, the financing fee will be $50. This means you’ll need to pay $550 at the end of your loan term.
Before you sign your loan contract, read it carefully to be sure you know the exact costs. Lenders are required to provide this information, and if you don’t like your loan terms, you aren’t required to accept the contract.
Compare your online payday loan options below
Why you might want to consider a payday loan in Providence
- Solid minimum loan term. Since you have at least 13 days to pay back your loan, you won’t have to scramble to make a payment after only a handful of days.
- Bad credit is accepted. If you approach a bank or a credit union for a loan, bad credit could make it difficult to get approved for a loan. Payday loan lenders tend to place less weight on your credit and focus more on your ability to repay the loan.
- Multiple ways to get a loan. Several payday lenders have offices in and around Providence, so finding one in your vicinity should be easy. If you’d rather apply online, you can compare your options above to find the right lender for you.
Ali has to pay for physical therapy out of pocket
Ali had to go through physical therapy to treat a sports injury. Unfortunately, his health insurance didn’t cover it so he had to pay for it himself. Having spent all his savings on the treatment, he found himself short on funds and needed extra money to get by until his next payday. He didn’t have a credit card, and getting a personal loan wasn’t an option because of his poor credit history.
He applied for a 14-day $450 payday loan through an online lender. The lender took his regular income and employment into account and approved his application. According to the contract, Ali had to pay a finance charge of $45 towards the loan.
On the due date, the lender withdrew $495 out of Ali’s checking account to successfully repay the entire loan balance.
What you’ll need to apply for a payday loan in Providence
Before you apply, you’ll need to
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- Have a steady source of income
Having a successful application requires that you supply some basic personal information, including
- Your personal information like your name, date of birth and Social Security information
- Your contact information like your address, email and phone number
- Your employment information like how long you’ve been working and your employer
- Your income gross monthly income
- Your bank account details (if applying online)
A map of payday lenders located in Providence
Payday loan offices in Providence
If you want to apply for a payday loan in Providence by visiting a store, here are some of your options:
- Advance America. 361 Reservoir Ave., Unit B-2, Providence, RI 02907
- Capital Good Fund. 22 A St, Providence, RI 02907
- Check ‘n Go. 112 Douglas Ave Ste 101, Providence, RI 02908
- Empire Loan of Providence. 1271 N Main St, Providence, RI 02906
- Quick Cash Providence. 967 Westminster St, Providence, RI 02903
To take advantage of the convenience of applying for a loan online, check out the online lenders in our comparison table above.