Not sure where to start? Learn how the laws of South Dakota affect loans in your city.
Online lenders advertise short-term loans as a quick option when you’re in need of cash. But before you start on an application, it’s important to know the regulations of South Dakota — and find a lender that can work with the rate cap.
- Easy online application
- Quick approval
- Fast funding
- Long repayment terms
OppLoans Installment Loans
Installment loans with competitive rates from a top-rated direct lender.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: 1 business day
- Loan term: 9 to 36 months
- Must have direct deposit and meet minimum income requirements
How does South Dakota law affect payday loans in Pierre, SD?
Short-term lenders in Pierre are governed by South Dakota Codified Laws 54-4-36 et seq. Out-of-state lenders that provide online loans to residents of Pierre also have to adhere to the same set of laws. This means that no matter which lender you choose, you won’t be able to borrow more than $500 at an APR of 36% or less.
Loan terms aren’t specified by state law, so you’ll have to read your contract and discuss it with your lender to learn when your loan will need to be repaid.
Must read: Why are there so few short-term lenders in South Dakota?
Payday lenders are known for charging interest rates well into the hundreds of percents. Because South Dakota prevents lenders from doing this, many choose not to conduct business in the state. You should consider other options if you aren’t able to find a lender that matches your needs.
Compare short-term loans available in Pierre, SD
How to apply for a payday loan in Pierre
Depending on your lender, you may be able to apply online or in-store. In general, you’ll need to have a regular source of income, be a US citizen or permanent resident and be at least 18 years old.
No matter where you go, most lenders have a similar application process.
- Visit the lender’s store or browse the table above to get started.
- Fill out the application with your personal information, including your Social Security number and bank account details.
- Provide proof of income, employment and residency. You may have to scan or fax this information.
- Submit your application and wait for an approval notice.
Every application is different, but provided you have all the information lenders needs close by, you should be able to finish it in a matter of minutes. Your lender may take a few minutes to process your application and get back to you. If approved, you may be able to pick up your funds at a branch location in Pierre or have the money transfered into your bank account.
Short-term loans in Pierre, South Dakota
Short-term loan locations in Pierre
- EZ Payday Advance. 1217 E Wells Ave, Pierre, SD 57501
- Direct Check. 633 E Sioux Ave, Pierre, SD 57501
- Money Station. 1009 E Wells Ave, Pierre, SD 57501
What are my other short-term loan options in Pierre?
Fortunately for your wallet, all short-term loans in South Dakota have their interest rates capped at 36%. When exploring your other options, make sure your lender isn’t charging you more than this.
- Installment loans. Installment loans are similar to payday loans, but you’ll have longer to repay. Since South Dakota doesn’t specify a term, some lenders offering payday loans in Pierre might also offer installment loans with terms lasting multiple months, making it easier to pay back what you owe.
- Auto title loans. Title loans are legal in South Dakota. Lenders must abide by the 36% interest rate cap in addition to a term limit of just 30 days. This quick turnaround can be difficult for many borrowers, especially since you risk losing your vehicle if you default on your loan.
Because South Dakota has a strict cap on interest, it can be a little more difficult to find payday and other short-term loans in Pierre. However, by comparing your options and knowing the regulations lenders have to abide by, you may be able to find a deal that works for you and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to repay.