Get all the facts before taking out a Montgomery short term loan.
If you’re a resident of Montgomery and are in need of emergency funds, this guide will give you the information you need to know about payday loans in that city and how you can compare your options.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
Are payday loans legal in Montgomery?
Yes, payday loans are legal in Montgomery, AL. All payday lenders in this city have to abide by Alabama Code Chapter 18A Section 5-18A-1 et seq. It is common to refer to payday loans as payday advances.
In order to provide payday loans in Montgomery, a lender should apply for a license through the Supervisor of the Bureau of Loans. This license is required to provide in-store and online store alike. A lender requires a separate license for each location from which it offers loans.
Consider these lenders for a short term loan in Montgomery
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
How a Montgomery short term loan might benefit you
Here’s why you can think about getting a payday advance in Montgomery, AL:
- Your choice of online or in-store lender. You get access to number of options if you apply for a loan online, or use a loan matching service. You can also find a lender with a store if you want to apply and receive your money within the hour.
- Bad credit is okay. People who have poor or bad credit ratings may have trouble getting credit through traditional lenders. If you find yourself in this situation, you can usually still get a short term loan if you have a regular source of income, demonstrate the ability to repay the loan and meet other basic eligibility requirements.
- Quick and easy process. Whether you apply online or in-store, the process should take no more than a few minutes. Applicants who submit their applications during business hours can find out about the status of their loans soon after. If you apply in-store, you can get the money you need immediately after approval. With an online application, your funds are usually available the next business day.
- Use funds in different ways. How you spend the money you get through a Montgomery short term loan is basically up to you, provided you use it for legitimate purposes. You can use it to pay bills, repair your car, buy a gift or simply cover some unexpected expenses.
Is there any protection when taking out a short term loan in Montgomery
- Restrictions on loan amount. The maximum you can borrow through a Montgomery payday loan is $500. $500 is also the maximum you can owe in total across all payday loans you have. These restrictions help limit the chance of you taking on excessive debt.
- Maximum finance rate and fees. Finance charges are limited to 17.50% of the amount advanced. The maximum finance charge for a 14-day $100 loan is $17.50, so the maximum APR of the same loan is 456.25%.
- Collection fees. A payday lender in Montgomery can charge one non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee up to $30. It can also charge reasonable court costs and attorney fees, limited to 15% of the check’s face value.
Ann wants to buy a gift for hubbyAnn forgot her anniversary was coming up until the day before. The credit card she used was maxed out, and she had just paid bills, so she didn’t have any cash on hand. Because she didn’t have the best credit and didn’t qualify for a personal loan, Ann decided to get a short term loan.
She applied online for a loan of $200. Ann agreed to repay the loan in two weeks, on her next payday. The loan contract clearly mentioned that the lender would charge $17.50 per $100 advanced as a fee.
If she had insufficient funds in her account, she would’ve had to pay an NSF fee of $30. Since the repayment was scheduled for when she received her next paycheck, she was able to pay it back on time – she just had to budget well for the coming weeks.
Here’s how to submit your application
You can apply by visiting a short term lender’s storefront or you can do so online. In both cases, you have to meet these eligibility criteria:
- You are over 18 years old
- You are an American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- You have a steady source of income
- To apply online, you should have an operational checking account
In order to complete the application successfully, you’ll have to provide some basic information:
- Your name, home address, email address and phone number
- Your date of birth, social security number and details from an acceptable form of identification document
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your income
- If applying online, your bank account details
Short term loans near you in Montgomery, Alabama
Short term loan offices near you in Montgomery
If you wish to apply for a short term advance in Montgomery by visiting a storefront, here are some of your options:
- Easy Money. 1102 Ann St, Montgomery, AL 36107
- Emergi Cash Corporation. 4240 Carmichael Rd, Montgomery, AL 36106
- EZMONEY Payday Loans. 979 Ann St, Montgomery, AL 36107
- Great American Loans. 2975 Woodley Rd, Montgomery, AL 36111
- Speedy Cash. 1501 Eastern Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36117