If you’re thinking about getting a payday loan in Little Rock, read up on Arkansas’s law first.
A payday loan is often marketed as a quick way to get cash when you only need to borrow a small amount, but if you’re a resident of Little Rock, you’ll need to consider other options.
Our top pick: CashUSA
Need a quick cash loan as high as $10,000? This loan connection service could help.
- Min. Loan Amount: $500
- Max. Loan Amount: $10,000
- Loan Term: 90 days to 72 months
- Turnaround Time: As early as 1 business day
- Requirements: Must have a monthly income of $1,000+ after taxes and valid checking account.
Why can’t I get a payday loan in Little Rock?
You won’t be able to get a payday loan in Little Rock because Arkansas Code 23-52-101 et seq. was repealed in 2011. This means payday loans are illegal due to their high interest rates. Lenders both in- and out-of-state are forbidden from issuing payday loans to consumers.
Compare installment loans available in Little Rock
Because of state usury caps, there may not be installment loan options in Arkansas. Check our table before you apply.
What can I do if I need short-term credit?
There are other options out there for people who don’t have the best credit. It’s worth looking into these alternatives when you’re short on cash or have constant financial struggles.
- Request an advance on your paycheck. You may be able to request an advance from your employer for the hours you’ve worked or will work if you have a good relationship.
- Ask a friend or family member for help. Similarly, if you know someone who may be able to give you a little extra cash, request it. Be sure to repay it quickly, though, so you don’t develop a strained relationship.
- Talk with community organizations. Non-profit financial cooperatives and community credit unions may have options for small loans if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Why are payday loans illegal in Arkansas?Because payday lenders are known to have predatory practices and charge unaffordable interest rates, Arkansas lawmakers have decided to ban the practice altogether. The cap on interest rates is set at 17% to prevent lenders from establishing payday loan businesses.
Cash advance store locations in Little Rock, AR
Payday loan locations in Little Rock
- ACE Cash Express. 3422 Pike Ave, North Little Rock, AR 72118
- ACE Cash Express. 310 S Broadway St, Little Rock, AR 72201
- Check Alert. 5020 Northshore Dr # 5, North Little Rock, AR 72118
- E-Z Cash Advance Inc. 10101 Mabelvale Plaza Dr, Little Rock, AR 72209
- ACE Cash Express. 1100 E Roosevelt Rd, Little Rock, AR 72206
- ACE Cash Express. 6416 Colonel Glenn Rd, Little Rock, AR 72204
- ACE Cash Express. 7508 Geyer Springs Rd, Little Rock, AR 72209