Before you take out a short term loan in Jackson, learn about the different laws and what they mean
When finances are tough, and you have poor credit, a short term loan my help. It’s important to understand the laws surrounding short term loans to protect yourself.
Are payday loans legal in Jackson?
Yes. Payday loans are legal in all of Tennessee. Tennessee Revised Statutes 45-17-101 et seq. govern short term loans, also called payday loans, in all of Tennessee. These laws apply to lenders in stores, online and over the phone.
If you would like to report a lender, you can file a complaint with the Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure
Consider these online lenders for short term loans in Jackson
Check out these short term lenders to see if they operate in your state.
Why a short term loan in Jackson might work for you
- Easy application. To apply and get a decision can take less than 15 minutes in store or online.
- Get cash fast. You can get your funds same-day if you apply in store, or one business day online.
- Poor credit accepted. Short term lenders usually look past poor credit so long as you meet their eligibility requirements and have a stable income.
Is there any protection when you take out a short term loan in Jackson?
- Maximum loan amount. $500 is the most you can borrow.
- Limit on fees. Operational charges are not interest, and are limited to 15% of the original amount of the loan.
- Loan term. 31 days is the maximum loan term.
Here's how much a short term loan might cost in Jackson
Vincent didn’t think he would have enough cash to get through the holidays. When his electric bill hit, he knew for sure he would need a little help to get himself to his next paycheck. Vincent ran into a little hardship earlier, and didn’t have perfect credit. Since he didn’t qualify for a personal loan, he decided to apply for a short term loan.
He applied for a $400 loan in person, and was to repay the loan when he was next paid, in 14 days. The lender made it very clear that there would be a $70.58 fee, on top of the cost of the loan.
The lender automatically debited the amount from his account on his next payday, so all Vincent had to do was properly budget for it.
Had Vincent not been unable to make the payment, he could have faced a non-sufficient funds (NSF) and late fee. If he had to refinance the loan, it would have added additional fees and finance charges.
Need to apply for a short term loan in Jackson? Here’s how
Be sure you meet some basic eligibility requirements before you apply online or in store:
- At least 18 or older
- American citizen or a permanent resident of the US
- Steady source of income
- Checking account for online applicants
In order to complete the application successfully, you’ll have to provide personal information:
- Your name, home address, email address and phone number
- Your date of birth, social security number and an acceptable form of ID
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your income
- If applying online, your checking account details
Short term loans near you in Jackson, Tennessee
Short term loan offices near you in Jackson
Here are loan offices locations in Jackson:
- Money Now. 1660 S Highland Ave # B, Jackson, TN 38301
- Speedee Cash. 1932 US-45 BYP, Jackson, TN 38305
- Tennessee Title Loans, Inc. 301 S Highland Ave, Jackson, TN 38301
- Title Cash Title & Payday Loans. 2037 S Highland Ave, Jackson, TN 38301
- Western Finance. 367 Vann Dr #F, Jackson, TN 38305
Where else are payday loans available?
Compare payday loans in your state
There may be better personal finance options for you
Short term loans can be good in an emergency, but they may not fit your needs.