Find out your short-term loan options in Harrisburg for when you need a little extra money.
If you’re thinking of taking out a payday loan to get by between paychecks, you’ll need to consider other options. Our guide will help you discover other ways of getting short-term credit when you’re in need.
Can I get a payday loan in Harrisburg?
No. Payday loans aren’t legal in Pennsylvania. According to 63 Pennsylvania Statutes Ann. § 2325, check cashers can’t provide payday loans to residents of Pennsylvania, meaning they won’t be able to advance you cash in Harrisburg, even if they’re an online lender.
If you apply for any other kind of credit, Pennsylvania’s Consumer Discount Company Act (7 PA. Cons. Stat. §§ 6201 et seq.) applies. You won’t have to pay more than $9.50 per $100 in interest for the first 48 months of the loan, and lenders may charge a service charge of only $1.50 per $50. This is significantly less than the terms offered by payday lenders.
Here are some of your options for installment loans
Installment loans allow you to pay back your loan in fixed payments over a set period of time. If you’re thinking of taking out an installment loan, make sure it abides by Pennsylvania law. Even online lenders must follow these rules, so check before you sign.
What are some of my other options for a short-term loan in Harrisburg?
You may not be able to take out a payday loan, but there are other ways to get credit when you live in Harrisburg, PA.
- Local social services. Look into public services for assistance with your everyday expenses like heating, food and housing costs.
- Borrow from people you know. You may be able to request an advance from your employer or get a loan from friends or family. Be sure you repay what you borrow in a timely manner to avoid strained relationships.
- Talk with community organizations. Non-profit financial cooperatives and community credit unions may have options for small-amount loans if you meet their eligibility criteria.
- Talk to your creditors. Ask about arranging a payment plan or getting more time to pay. Your creditors want to get paid and are often willing to work with you to make sure you can afford your payments on a regular basis.
Why can't I get a payday loan in Harrisburg?Many states have begun to recognize consumer complaints about the high cost of payday lending and the predatory practices some lenders take part in. To combat this, Pennsylvania lawmakers have put in place an interest cap to deter small-loan lenders from offering payday loans.
Where to get cash advances in Harrisburg
Where to get a a cash advance in Harrisburg?
If you’re looking for cash advance locations in Harrisburg, here are some options:
- Sell Car For Cash Harrisburg. 2150 Queens Dr Apt B2, Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Simple Gold Exchange. 4600 Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- Family Financial Center. 2721 Agate St, Harrisburg, PA 17110
- Capitol City Buy & Sell. 3517 Walnut St, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- TOP CASH PAID 24/7. 3405 Walnut St, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- Blue Chip Federal Credit Union. 5050 Derry St, Harrisburg, PA 17111
- Fast Cash, Inc. Allen Hall, Harrisburg, PA 17104
- Ny Check Cashing Inc. 1314 Market St, Harrisburg, PA 17103
- United Check Cashing. 3200 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17111