Before you get a payday loan in Frankfort, learn about the lending laws in Kentucky.
A payday loan can be helpful when you’re stuck between paychecks and aren’t sure where to get enough money to cover an unexpected expense, but before you take out more debt to cover a bill, be sure you know what’s involved with payday lending in Kentucky.
- Easy online application
- Quick approval
- Fast funding
- Long repayment terms
OppLoans Installment Loans
Installment loans with competitive rates from a top-rated direct lender.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: 1 business day
- Loan term: 9 to 36 months
- Must have direct deposit and meet minimum income requirements.
What should I know before taking out a payday loan in Frankfort, Kentucky?
Kentucky Revised Statutes 286.9.010 et seq. govern payday lending. In Kentucky, you can borrow up to $500 for terms stretching between 14 to 60 days. When possible, attempt to negotiate a longer term with your lender so that you have more time to pay back what you owe.
Kentucky law doesn’t allow for rollovers or refinancing. Be sure you can repay your full loan amount before you borrow to avoid collection fees and extra debt.
Consider these lenders for a payday loan in Frankfort
Why a short term loan in Frankfort might work for you
- Plenty of lenders. Even if you don’t live near one of the lenders located in Frankfort, you can still find online options in the comparison table above.
- Easy application process. Every lender has a different application, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find one that’s difficult to fill out. If you do have questions, most online lenders have live chat support and stores have staff that are more than willing to help you.
- Get your loan money however you need it. Whether you need your loan in cash or deposited directly into your checking account, there’s an option for you. It might involve visiting a lender or requesting an ACH transfer, but you can get the money in whatever format suits your needs best at the time.
Steve needs money for a medical billSteve’s wife had been in the hospital for a few months, and the treatment had eaten into their savings. Because neither of them had a great credit score, Steve wasn’t able to take out a personal loan or a credit card. He mentioned it to a friend who suggested he try a payday loan.
Steve found an online lender and applied for a $500 loan, the maximum allowed in Kentucky. The lender took his regular income into account, and he was approved in a matter of minutes for a loan lasting three weeks. He read the loan contract carefully to prepare for the $15 fee per $100 advanced and the $1 database fee. When he knew exactly what he was getting into and how much it would cost him, Steve provided his checking account details so the loan could be deposited directly.
When three weeks had passed, Steve made sure he had $576 in his account so the lender could debit it. The withdrawal went through, and Steve was able to pay for the medical bill without also having to pay extra fees for a late payment on his loan.
How to apply for a payday loan
Payday loan applications are relatively simple and don’t take long to fill out. Whether you apply online or at a store, you’ll need to provide the lender with some basic personal information in order to confirm your identity.
- Compare lenders on the table above and click Go to Site when you’re ready to apply.
- Fill out the application with personal details like your name, date of birth and Social Security number.
- Provide documents to prove your income and employment status.
- If you’re applying online, provide your bank account information.
- Submit the application and wait for approval.
Payday loan stores in Frankfort, Kentucky
Where you can find a payday lender in Frankfort
- Advance America. 502 Eastwood Shopping Center, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Check ‘n Go. 315 Leonardwood Dr #4, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Check Exchange. 1134 Old US Highway 127 Road # C, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Check into Cash. 120-A Brighton Park Blvd, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Eagle Finance. 104 Northgate Drive #2, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Fast Payday Loans. 1230 US-127 #1, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Personal Finance Company. 949 Louisville Rd # D, Frankfort, KY 40601
- Quik Cash. 934 Louisville Rd Suite D, Frankfort, KY 40601
- World Finance. 1100 Old US Highway 127 Rd, Frankfort, KY 40601
How much a loan in Frankfort will costKentucky law sets the loan financing fee at $15 per $100 and a $1 database fee. This means a lender in Frankfort can’t charge you more than the state maximum, so you’ll be able to calculate how much your loan will cost before you apply.
For instance, if you borrow $100, you’ll have to pay back the principal plus $15 plus the database fee of $1, totaling $116. If you choose to borrow the maximum amount of $500, you’ll end up paying back $576 over the length of your loan.
The fees can really add up. It’s best to only take out as much as you need and to pay your loan off on time to avoid any other late charges or non-sufficient funds (NSF) fees.