If you’re a resident of Columbus, OH and need money, you could apply for a payday loan.
When you’re dealing with a tough financial situation and don’t have the best credit, it can be hard to find a loan that works for you. Although payday loans are expensive, when you budget and plan for the cost, you can get the money you need without falling into a cycle of debt. This guide will tell you everything you need to know when looking for a payday loan in Columbus, Ohio.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure
How does Ohio law impact payday lending in Columbus?
Although payday lenders in Ohio are restricted in how much interest they can charge, many skirt the law and register as small loan lenders. This means the interest they charge isn’t capped at the legal 28% rate.
When you go to take out a loan, read the contract carefully. You can borrow up to $500, but the interest rates will vary. You’ll want to know exactly how much a loan will end up costing you before you agree to borrow.
Be wary of lenders that charge more than 28%While payday lenders in Ohio can’t charge more than 28% interest, most don’t obey this law. Instead, payday lenders will register under the Ohio Small Loan Act to avoid the interest cap, and then they will charge you however much they feel is appropriate. This has led to Ohio having one of the highest APRs in the country, so be wary when you seek out a payday loan. Compare all your offers or go through a a connection service to find terms that suit you.
You can compare your payday lending options below
Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in Ohio.
What are some benefits of taking out a payday loan in Columbus?
- Payment plans. If you can’t repay your loan on time, you can opt for a 60-day payment plan at no extra cost to you.
- Easy application. Applications should only take 5 to 10 minutes and are often simple to understand. If you have trouble, an attendant at a store can help, and many online lenders have live chats for when a question comes up.
- Bad credit is accepted. Most payday lenders will consider you even if you have less-than-perfect credit as long as you meet other important eligibility criteria.
How do I apply for a payday loan in Columbus, OH?
You can apply online by clicking Go to Site on your chosen lender above or by visiting a lender’s storefront. Eligibility criteria will differ between lenders, but no matter where you go, you’ll need to be at least 18 years old, a US citizen or permanent resident and have a regular source of income.
In order to complete the application successfully, you’ll have to provide some basic information.
- Your name, address, email and phone number
- Your date of birth, Social Security number and details from a state-issued ID
- Your employer’s name, address and phone number
- Details about your income
- Your bank account details if you’re applying online
Ann's car needed costly repairs
Ann’s car recently broke down. She needs it to get back and forth to work, and she doesn’t have time to wait for a personal loan or credit card. A coworker suggests she apply for a payday loan so she can get the money she needs quickly. Ann goes online to read about the payday laws in Ohio, and she learns that while lenders are limited to 28% APR, they often charge more than that.
She compares her options and finds a lender that abides by the law. After filling out her application as accurately as possible, Ann is approved for a small loan of $300, which covers the cost of her car repairs. According to the loan contract, she had to pay an APR of 28% on the amount advanced and a loan origination fee of $30.
The length of the loan was 31 days. At the end of the term, the lender cashed Ann’s check of $337. With her car repaired and her debt paid off, Ann is able to go to work without worrying about her finances.
Short term loans in Columbus, Ohio
- CashMax Ohio. 2853 Broadway, Grove City, OH 43123
- Check ‘n Go. 1971 E Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43229
- Check Into Cash. Southwest Square Shopping Center, 2117 Eakin Rd, Columbus, OH 43223
- First American Loans. 3329 E Broad St, Columbus, OH 43213
- Liberty Loans. 438 E Wilson Bridge Rd #106, Columbus, OH 43085