Compare your payday loan options to find one that suits your budget.
Idaho has some of the least-regulated payday loans out there. And while this means plenty of options for borrowers looking to get a short-term loan, it also means you might face multiple fees and high APRs that can make your loan difficult to repay.
Can I get a payday loan in Boise, Idaho?
Yes. Payday lenders in Boise are required to abide by Idaho Statute 28-46-401 et seq., which requires all lenders to be licensed.
You can borrow up to $1,000 or 25% of your gross monthly income, whichever is less. But be careful. Idaho doesn’t specify maximum loan terms, so you’ll need to read your contract carefully to make sure you won’t have to repay a large amount back within a few weeks. If you decide to take out a payday loan, keep this in mind. You might have a very short loan term with a high interest rate, making repayment nearly impossible.
You may be able to borrow another type of short-term loan, but keep in mind that these come with their own risks.
Consider these lenders for a payday loan in Boise
How do I apply?
To qualify for a payday loan, you’ll have to have a steady source of income, be a US citizen or permanent resident and be at least 18 years old. Some lenders may have more strict requirements, but these are the basic points all lenders require.
When you’re ready to apply, follow these steps to complete the application process from the comfort of your computer or phone.
- Find a lender on the table above that suits your needs.
- Click the Go to Site button if you want to apply online.
- Make sure you have your Social Security number, proof of income, bank account information and a valid for of ID.
- Fill out the application with your personal information.
- Submit and wait for approval.
Lenders typically only take a few minutes to process your application. If you’re approved, you may be able to pick up cash at a store or have your loan funds transferred to your bank account.
Where to find short-term loan locations in Boise
Short-term loan locations near me in Boise, ID
- Money 4 You. 7375 W Fairview Ave, Boise, ID 83704
- Moneytree. 519 E Fairview Ave, Meridian, ID 83642
- My Idaho Payday. 802 W Bannock St, Boise, ID 83702
- Quik Cash. 3804 W Overland Rd, Boise, ID 83705
- Xpress Cash. 5016 W Emerald St, Boise, ID 83706
Must read: Be cautious of limited regulations
Payday loans — as well as other short-term loans — aren’t highly regulated in Idaho. This means that lenders in Boise, whether they offer loans online or at a storefront, aren’t limited to how much they can charge. For many, it often results in a high APR and a repayment schedule that can be difficult to meet, which can lead to default.
If you aren’t able to find a lender that is willing to offer a loan that suits your budget, consider searching for a payday loan alternative instead.
What are my other short-term loan options?
Payday loans aren’t the only type of short-term loan on the market. In Boise, you can also borrow an installment loan or an auto title loan.
- Installment loans. Installment loans work similarly to payday loans, but you can generally borrow more than $1,000 and will have multiple months to repay. This can make payments much easier to handle. However, be careful: The longer your loan term, the more you’ll end up paying in fees.
- Auto title loans. Auto title loans allow you to use your title to secure a short-term loan. There are a few specific regulations your lender is required to follow, so before you borrow, check the Idaho state government website for more information.
Despite the lack of regulations, there are plenty of options when you’re looking for payday loans in Boise or other cities in Idaho. Just be sure you know what to look for in a payday loan lender and don’t settle for a bad deal.