Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account account review
This money market savings account earns 0.55% APY, but it doesn’t come with an ATM card.
The Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account earns an attractive 0.55% APY and has a low $1 opening deposit requirement. But you must apply through the SaveBetter website, and there’s only one way to access your cash.
Minimum deposit to open
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
The Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account is a good option if you want a free savings account with an impressive 0.55% APY and a low opening deposit to grow your nest egg.
But since the only way to withdraw money is by transferring it to and from a linked bank account, you need to be comfortable keeping your money at arm’s length. This is because unlike most money market savings accounts, this one doesn’t come with an ATM or debit card and you won’t have any check-writing privileges.
How do I open a Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account?
Open an account in two six steps.
- Click Apply now.
- Choose Explore products in the navigation bar. Then under Explore all products, select Savings.
- Hit Patriot Bank NA and select Save now.
- Create an account by entering your personal information, including your full name and email. Select Continue.
- Confirm your email address.
- Input your date of birth, Social Security number and additional contact details. Hit Continue.
- Review and submit your application.
Open an account when you meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- US resident
- Existing bank account
- $1 opening deposit
Provide the following information when applying:
- First and last name
- Home address
- Date of birth
- Government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Social Security number
- Account credentials for your existing bank account
2 benefits of a Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account
You’ll get these perks with a Patriot Money Market account.
- Attractive APY. Earns an impressive 0.55% APY on your entire balance.
- Low opening deposit. Open an account with only $1.
4 potential drawbacks
A Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account comes with these disadvantages:
- Must apply through SaveBetter. While this high-yield account is a Patriot Bank savings product, you must apply through SaveBetter and use their app to manage your account.
- Limited deposit and withdrawal options. The only way to access your cash is through a linked bank account. The account doesn’t support direct deposits, remote check deposits or cash deposits. And unlike other money market accounts, it doesn’t come with a debit or ATM card or check-writing capabilities.
- No joint accounts. SaveBetter doesn’t allow you to add a partner or family member to its products.
- Short customer service window. Since SaveBetter oversees your account, you’ll need to contact its support team by phone on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, or through email.
Compare Patriot Bank High-Yield Money Market Deposit Account with other savings accounts
Use this table to compare other savings accounts by APY, monthly fees and minimum opening deposits.
How do I deposit or withdraw money?
The only way you can access your cash is by initiating ACH transfers to and from a linked bank account.
How to contact Patriot Bank about my savings account?
Contact SaveBetter support in three ways.
- Call 844-944-3276 weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
- Live chat with a rep during the week.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.