Owner Operator Direct commercial truck insurance review
Get wide coverage for your 18-wheeler with a specialty insurer.
finder.com’s rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Get a quote if you need broad coverage without extra charges.
- Pick something else if you prefer to bundle insurance products in one place.
- Truck owners are welcome to apply.
|States served||North Carolina|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone, mail|
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
- Bonus coverage
- Specialty company
- 24/7 claims
- Online account management
- Lack of website information
- Small brand
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Owner Operator Direct provides extensive specialty coverage for commercial truck owners, including several bonuses at no extra cost. Also, you’ll have access to online account management and 24/7 claims. However, you may not get the benefit of bundling insurance products that you might with a bigger brand name.
How to contact Owner Operator Direct
You can touch base with the company in several ways:
- Phone. To pay your bill, call 800-499-1044. To report a claim, call 800-432-6608 any time, day or night.
- Online. Log into your online account or pay your bill directly from the company website.
- Email. Send your questions to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail. Mail documents or visit the company in person at:
- 6676 Corporate Center Parkway
- Jacksonville, FL 32216
What commercial truck insurance coverage does Owner Operator Direct offer?
This company provides wide coverage for trucks, including:
- General liability. Protect yourself from physical damage or injury expenses related to business issues rather than truck transport — such as damaging a loading dock while unloading or mistakes with delivered goods.
- Primary liability. Cover property damage and bodily injuries during trucking accidents where you’re found at fault.
- Non-trucking liability. Get coverage when you’re using your truck for non-business reasons.
- Physical damage. Repair or replace your truck after an accident or theft occurs.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Ensure you can pay for damage, even when the at-fault driver can’t.
- Medpay. Pay expensive medical bills related to an accident, for you and your passengers.
- Motor truck cargo. Cover your losses to the cargo you’re carrying, including theft and refrigeration breakdown.
- Trailer interchange. Protect non-owned trailers you pull under a trailer interchange agreement.
What features does Owner Operator Direct offer for businesses?
The company provides extra protection and benefits for truck owners at no extra cost:
- Expanded refrigeration. Widen your protection on loads that involve refrigeration.
- Towing expenses. Pay for towing costs related to a truck accident or breakdown.
- Debris and pollution removal. Receive an extra $25,000 of coverage to clean up after an accident, separate from other coverage.
- Reload expenses. Cover the cost of reloading cargo to continue shipment.
- No coinsurance penalty. You won’t be responsible for a percentage of the accident expenses on top of your deductible, like other companies require.
- Catastrophes. Cover up to $1 million in damages for extraordinary situations like earthquakes, hurricanes or floods.
- Combined deductible. Pay only one deductible for all damage incurred, including damage to the truck, trailer and cargo.
Owner Operator Direct commercial truck insurance reviews and complaints
Owner Operator Direct is underwritten by Lancer Insurance Company, which has an Excellent (A-) financial rating by A.M. Best and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, as of October 2020. In addition, consumer review sites have rated Owner Operator Direct highly for its wide coverage.
Alternatives to Owner Operator Direct commercial car insurance
Pros and cons of Owner Operator Direct commercial truck insurance
- Bonus coverage. Owner Operator Direct provides a host of added features with no extra charges.
- Specialty company. This company specializes in commercial trucks, and trucks alone.
- 24/7 claims. Call any time of day to take care of accident reports.
- Online account management. Get the convenience of managing your policy online.
- Lack of website information. The company site could provide more explanation about coverage for new truck owners.
- Small brand. Brand name insurers offer more business products, making it more convenient for business owners.
Frequently asked questions about Owner Operator Direct
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.