Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card review
A niche travel card with no annual fee and a strong rewards program.
- Get this card if you want solid travel rewards and no annual fee.
- Pick something else if you want more diverse travel perks beyond hotel stays.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Up to 10%
15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||$100 after spending $1,500 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||10% on hotels on mobile, 8% on desktop, 6% on flights and 2% on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.99%, 19.99%, or 24.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||26.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card is a solid travel card that comes with no annual fee and offers strong rewards on hotels. But if you want a straightforward rewards program without complex terms, you may want to explore other options.
- No annual fee. You don’t need to pay an annual fee to use the card.
- Signup bonus. Spend $1,500 in the first 90 days your account is open to earn a small $100 bonus.
- Rewards. Earn up to 10% back in reward points — called Orbucks — on Orbitz bookings and 2% back on all other purchases. The card offers an array of reward rates based on what you’re purchasing and how you’re making that purchase. See the rewards table for a full breakdown.
- No foreign transaction fees. You can use the card outside the US and at foreign websites without paying transaction fees.
You’ll also like …
- Visa Signature benefits. Depending on your creditworthiness, you may be issued a Visa Signature instead of a standard Visa. Signature members get benefits such as 24-hour Visa Signature Concierge service, a six-month CLEAR trial membership and free room upgrades at qualifying hotels.
- Coverage. You’re eligible for several types of travel insurance, including baggage and accident coverage as well as car rental insurance.
What to watch out for
- Limited reward options. Travel points can only be redeemed on hotel bookings through Orbitz Complex terms: The rates at which you earn your reward points depend on several factors — including what kind of travel you book and whether you book online or on Orbitz’s mobile app. The points you earn by spending with your card are also layered on top of the separate Orbitz Rewards program, which you’re required to sign up for prior to applying for your Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card.
- High APR. There’s a variable APR on purchases of 15.99% to 24.99% APR out of the gate. This card also doesn’t offer a purchase or balance transfer intro APR.
Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card rate chart
|Booking||Rate for the Orbitz Rewards Program||Total rate when booking with the Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card|
|Hotels||3% on Orbitz.com|
5% on Orbitz app
|8% on Orbitz.com10% on Orbitz app|
|Flights and Packages||1%||6%|
All other purchases made with the Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card earn 2% back in points.
Compare travel credit cards
While there are other travel cards out there with more diverse rewards or lower variable APRs, the narrow but strong reward focus of the Orbitz Rewards® Visa Card makes it an interesting and potentially attractive choice for the right traveler.
If you’re looking for other types of benefits or more robust rewards options, you can always compare other travel credit cards.