Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Flowers to show love and romance
A bouquet has a way to spark the flame.
When words are not enough to express your feelings and emotions, flowers can deliver your message and rekindle an old flame or spark a new romance.
You're Precious Bouquet from FTD.com
Razzle Dazzle from FlowerDelivery.com
Sweet Surprises Bouquet from FTD.com
Sweetest Crush Bouquet from FTD.com
Sweet Enchanted Kisses from FlowerDelivery.com
Precious Heart Bouquet from FTD.com
Why do we buy flowers for love and romance?
Flowers are used to express love, devotion, apology, gratitude, or just simply a thoughtful gesture. Throughout history, they have played an important role in our lives as gestures and gifts. Just a few reasons why you might want to use flowers to express your emotions are:
- Buying flowers for a loved one is an expression of affection and shows you deeply care about them.
- When newly dating someone, sending flowers can open up romantic possibilities.
- In long-term relationships, just like a flower, love needs to be nurtured and tended to with care.
While it may be true that romance in our modern world includes online dating, social networking, chatting and texting, the old-fashioned flower deliveries still remains relevant and romantic. Red roses remain the most popular choice for love and romance but other flowers like tulips, carnations, orchids, lilies and gerbera daisies are also popular. The Internet has made buying a variety of flowers easier than ever.
How to choose the best flowers for love and romance
With the wide range of beautiful, romantic flowers in the market today, it can be challenging to pick the perfect flower for your loved one. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Put thought in your choice. Think about his or her favorite colors and types of flowers. They will be happy to know you tried your best to impress them and remember these favorites.
- Consider the color of the flowers you send. Different colored flowers can have symbolic meanings, so do a little research before choosing. For example, pink carnations might be a good pick for someone you’ve just started dating to show you admire them and like spending time with them, while red roses hold a much deeper romantic meaning.
- Don’t be afraid to stray from roses. While roses are the quintessential love and romance flower, that doesn’t mean that other flowers can’t get this same message across. If your sweetheart thinks outside the box, choosing tulips, lilies, daffodils or other nontraditional romantic flowers might be the perfect fit.
Our top flower picks for love and romance
Infinite Love: 12 Red Roses from FloraQueen
Magnificent Pink Rose and Lily from 1-800-Flowers
Sweetheart Roses Bouquet from FTD.com
Passion for Purple Roses from 1-800-Flowers
The True Romance Rose Bouquet from FTD.com
Always on my mind from 1-800-Flowers
Sweetest Love Tulips from 1-800-Flowers
All My Love Bouquet from 1-800-Flowers
Giving flowers to someone who holds a special place in your heart has been popular for centuries. Send your sweetie the perfect flowers as a gesture of love and romance and to show how much they mean to you.
More guides on Finder
Send a unique gift for any occasion that’s sure to stand out from the bunch.
Order flowers in a box
Whether you wish to celebrate or commiserate, finder.com.au guides you to find the perfect online floral arrangement for that special someone.
Flower delivery for Mom
Show your appreciation to the special moms out there with flowers.
Sympathy flowers are a thoughtful way to deliver a message of condolence.
Flowers for men
Let us help you shop gorgeous flowers for your man.
Order flowers online for kids
Looking to send flowers to the little ones in your life? See which flower types and colors work best, plus where to shop online.
Sending “thank you” flowers
Flowers are a nice way to say thank you. See which flower types and colors make the best thank you gifts, plus where to order them online.
Flowers come with their share of beauty and warmth and this lends an air of comfort and solemnity to funeral proceedings.
New baby flowers
Tips and ideas for choosing the perfect flowers to welcome the new baby.
Sending flowers to a loved one on special occasions like an anniversary is a great way of communicating your love.
Ask an Expert