This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Order flowers in a box
Choose to send a unique arrangement.
Want to send something a little more out-of-the-box than a regular cut bouquet? This time, you might want to look inside the box — literally.
Greater Glory™ Basket
Beautiful spirit arrangement
Multicolor Bright Sympathy Basket Arrangement
Pastel Sympathy Basket Arrangement
New Leaf™ Bouquet
Best flower arrangement boxes for every occasion
If you’re lost for words, remember it’s the gesture that counts. Flowers speak to the delicacies and nuances of each situation and each person. No matter the occasion, an arrangement can say in flowers what can be difficult to say in words.
New Sunrise™ Bouquet from FTD.com
Pastel Sympathy Basket Arrangement from 1-800-Flowers
Greater Glory™ Basket from FTD.com
Bountiful Basket™ from 1-800-Flowers
Set to celebrate from FTD.com
Beautiful spirit arrangement from FTD.com
Multicolor Bright Sympathy Basket Arrangement from 1-800-Flowers
What do flowers and their colors mean?
When deciding on a floral arrangement, remember that the color and type of flower holds a special meaning. Understanding these meanings help ensure your floral arrangement sends the right message.
- Gerbera. Common to most arrangements, gerberas are associated with cheerfulness.
- Lily. A lily is a symbol of purity and beauty. White represents modesty, orange is passion and yellow for joyfulness.
- Iris. This flower is associated with wisdom and compliments, and is a good choice if you wish to say thank you to someone.
- Chrysanthemum. Popular in many romantic floral arrangements, a chrysanthemum is a symbol of optimism and fidelity. The color influences this meaning. Red refers to love, white to truth and yellow to slighted love.
- Carnation. A carnation is a symbol of pride and beauty. Red is appropriate for romance and pink for a mother or female relative. White carnations are symbolic of innocence and pure love, possibly for celebrate a birth.
- Daffodil. This flower is associated with rebirth and new beginnings. Giving a single daffodil is a bad omen. But a bunch is a strong symbol of abundance and fertility.
While each flower has a certain sensibility, color is also important.
- Red — love, desire and strength
- Purple — admiration, accomplishment and success
- Orange — passion, vitality and satisfaction
- Yellow — friendship and new beginnings
- Green — fertility, renewal and well-being
- Blue — peacefulness, truth and serenity
- Pink — youth, beauty and grace
- White — innocence and purity
Where to shop online for the best flower arrangement boxes
Choosing a boxed flower arrangement puts a unique spin on traditional floral gifts. Online flower delivery services offer a range of boxes, baskets and other unique containers for your bouquet.
Frequently asked questions
Top flower deals December 2020
More guides on Finder
Get well soon flowers
The next time you’re visiting someone who is under the weather, consider taking flowers along and in case you can’t make it in person, think about sending some.
Flower delivery for Mother’s Day
Show your appreciation to the special moms out there with flowers.
Flowers for men
Let us help you shop gorgeous flowers for your man.
Order flowers online for kids
Looking to send flowers to the little ones in your life? See which flower types and colors work best, plus where to shop online.
Sending “thank you” flowers
Flowers are a nice way to say thank you. See which flower types and colors make the best thank you gifts, plus where to order them online.
Flowers come with their share of beauty and warmth and this lends an air of comfort and solemnity to funeral proceedings.
Choose from a wide range of flower types and colors when you shop for a housewarming arrangement online. Get tips for picking the perfect bouquet.
New baby flowers
Tips and ideas for choosing the perfect flowers to welcome the new baby.
Sending flowers to a loved one on special occasions like an anniversary is a great way of communicating your love.
Flowers to show love and romance
Express your true feelings with beautiful blooms from these top online delivery services.
Ask an Expert