Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Express your sincerity with a bouquet.
When an apology is in order, giving a gift of flowers can be a kind, sincere gesture that shows the other person you’ve put some thought and effort into making things right.
Best flowers for an apology
Magnificent Pink Rose and Lily
Blushing Blooms Bouquet
Expressions of Pink
Sincerely Yours Bouquet
Pick Up Flowers
Enduring Peace Basket
Pick Up Flowers
Always and Forever Blushing Bouquet
Pick Up Flowers
Why should I buy flowers as an apology?
Flowers have been time-tested as a way to effectively convey a message or feeling that may be difficult to fully express with words. When you’ve hurt someone, giving them flowers can help tell them how much they truly mean to you. Flowers also tend to be uplifting and cheery, especially if you choose flowers they love.
How do I choose flowers for an apology?
The most common apology flowers are roses, carnations, hyacinths, orchids and tulips.
- Roses are well-known as a symbol of love. If you’ve hurt someone and made them upset, roses are perfect to let them know that they are loved and appreciated.
- Carnations symbolize remembrance, so this flower is perfect for apologizing if you forgot a special occasion or an important date.
- Hyacinths are said to resemble peace and truth, so if you want to ask for forgiveness after a fight or you have said something wrong, hyacinths will do the trick.
- Orchids are very resilient and they last longer than some other types of flowers. When you give someone orchids, it lets them know that your regret also endures. Orchids, especially white ones, also symbolize sincerity.
- Tulips symbolize new beginnings, peace and forgiveness.
Flower colors also bear important meanings. You don’t have to use the exact flowers listed above. Just knowing the different flower colors and what they symbolize can be helpful.
- Red symbolizes love, confidence and action.
- Pink also conveys love and is a symbol of beauty.
- Blue represents truth and peace.
- Indigo means deep contemplation.
- White is a symbol of sincerity, purity and cleanliness.
You can find these flowers online beautifully arranged in a bouquet using a single or a combination of two or three varieties. Whatever you choose, the most important thing is to choose from the heart for the recipient to feel the sincerity of your apology.
Flowers can put a smile on a loved one’s face after you’ve hurt or wronged them in some way. Of course, pair your flower gift with sincere words for the most effective and heartfelt apology.
Frequently asked questions
Photo by Marisa Morton on Unsplash
More guides on Finder
Get well soon flowers
The next time you’re visiting someone who is under the weather, consider taking flowers along and in case you can’t make it in person, think about sending some.
Send a unique gift for any occasion that’s sure to stand out from the bunch.
Flower delivery for Mom
Show your appreciation to the special moms out there with flowers.
Sympathy flowers are a thoughtful way to deliver a message of condolence.
Flowers for men
Let us help you shop gorgeous flowers for your man.
Order flowers online for kids
Looking to send flowers to the little ones in your life? See which flower types and colors work best, plus where to shop online.
Sending “thank you” flowers
Flowers are a nice way to say thank you. See which flower types and colors make the best thank you gifts, plus where to order them online.
Flowers come with their share of beauty and warmth and this lends an air of comfort and solemnity to funeral proceedings.
New baby flowers
Tips and ideas for choosing the perfect flowers to welcome the new baby.
Sending flowers to a loved one on special occasions like an anniversary is a great way of communicating your love.
Ask an Expert