No matter what kind of setup you run, Intuit QuickBooks can help you manage your business’ finances with ease.
Intuit Inc, a software company headquartered in the US, offers various accounting software packages under the QuickBooks brand. Depending on your needs, you can choose from products like QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Payments, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks Point of Sale or QuickBooks for Mac, and you can also use a combination of multiple offerings.
Your business can rely on QuickBooks to create professional invoices, to synchronize with your bank, to track expenses, to pay employees and to connect to apps your business uses. You get to choose from various pricing plans that Intuit offers in accordance to the type of business you run.
Pricing and packages
If you wish to test waters before you actually take the plunge, you should consider making use of the 30 days free trial offer – unlike most free trials, Quickbooks does not require your credit card details.
If you’re considering moving on to the paid version after the free trial, it’s important to remember that the type of business you run will help you decide on the version you need. Below is a breakdown on pricing and packages.
|Plan||Details||No. of users||No. of built-in business reports||Price (billed monthly)|
|Self-employed||The self-employed give you access to the most basic accounting features, quarterly tax calculations, tracking mileage and schedule C deductions, income and expense tracking, and bank account and credit card integration.||1||3||$10/month|
|Simple Start||This plan included many features from the self-employed plan but with a bigger focus on expenses relevant to new business owners. There are some added features, such as unlimited estimates and invoices, Excel integration and collaboration with accountants.||1||20+||$13/month|
|Essentials||This plan is ideal for businesses who need to collaborate with multiple clients. Create online estimates that can be readily shared, track time, projects and expenses and get financial reports. Perfect for wowing clients.||3||40+||$27/month|
|Plus||Quickbooks Plus offers everything the above plans do, with some more advanced features like inventory tracking, creating and sending purchase orders, preparing and printing 1099s, limited access to employees, freelancers and contractors, billable hour tracking, separate profitability tracking for different locations.||5||65+||$40/month|
Features and benefits
- Sync with bank. You can connect QuickBooks to your bank accounts and keep track of purchases, cash withdrawals, and fund transfers. Since you can download all the required information directly from your linked accounts, you don’t have to make manual entries.
- Create professional invoices. Creating customized invoices with company branding is easy.
- Get paid faster. You can send invoices with ‘pay now’ links and accept payments with Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. With QuickBooks, business owners can also accept payments via ACH bank transfers though additional fees apply.
- Track expenses. The option of capturing and saving receipts using your phone makes tracking expenses easy.
- Connect to apps. Integrating QuickBooks with apps your business already uses should not be difficult. Some of the platforms you can integrate with QuickBooks include PayPal, Shopify, Receipt Bank, SafetyNet, Fundbox, Microsoft Power BI, Pipemonk and mHelpDesk.
- Bill payments. Recording and paying vendor bills is easy when your use QuickBooks and you can also schedule recurring payments as per your needs.
- Online reports. QuickBooks Online gives you access to various reports that can give you a clear indication of how your business is doing. These include company snapshots, profit and loss statements as well as balance sheets. You can get accountant reports and reconciliation reports, you can manage products and inventory, you can review sales and you can also use this platform to manage sales tax.
- Pay employees. QuickBooks Payroll gives you an easy way to take care of your payroll woes. You simply have to enter employee hours and the software does the rest. You can pay employees using free direct deposits or paper checks. This service attracts an additional fee.
How to sign up for QuickBooks
Click “go to site” in the table to take advantage of their current offer of 50% off or opt to go for their free 30 day trial. Once you choose your solution you will begin a short startup interview which will customize QuickBooks Online for your business. With QuickBooks Online Plus or Online Essentials you can import your data from another version of QuickBooks (most current versions will convert and upload) or start from scratch.
How does Quickbooks compare to Xero?