Old Republic commercial car insurance review
Extra coverage against minor repairs that works for auto insurers or dealers.
Old Republic offers specialty coverage like auto warranties to individuals or business partners who then sell it to customers. The company sets itself apart with auto warranty extras not offered by competitors.
Specialty coverage like gap insurance, windshield coverage or auto warranties. Works well for auto dealers or insurers.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Claims methods||email, phone|
- Auto warranties with bonus coverage
- Claims paid out in 72 hours
- Ideal for auto dealers and insurers
- Lack of info on website
- Poor customer service
- Best for auto dealers and insurers
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for over three years after graduating with an English Education degree. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Old Republic specializes in add-on insurance products such as extended warranties and gap insurance, which work best with its auto dealer and insurer partnerships. However, you may need to call with questions not answered on the company’s website, andyou might have to try multiple times before reaching someone.
What commercial coverage does Old Republic offer?
While Old Republic doesn’t offer standard car insurance like liability or collision, this specialty insurer offers extra auto coverage for maintaining your business cars or your customer’s cars. For instance, you might offer Old Republic’s auto service contracts to customers at your dealership.
- Auto service contracts. Provides three levels of extended warranty coverage, including new and used cars, and a specialty package for financial companies to offer to their customers.
- Gap insurance. Covers the rest of a car loan or lease when a totaled car loss leaves you with an outstanding balance. This insurance offers terms up to seven years and 150% of the MSRP value for personal or light commercial vehicles.
- Mechanical breakdown. Similar to its auto service contracts, this protects customers from specified mechanical problems for the term length chosen — much like a service warranty — for issues including tire damage, broken windshield and wear and tear protection.
What features does Old Republic offer for businesses?
The company also offers several add-ons for further protection for you or your customer’s vehicles:
- Paintless dent repair. Repair minor dents in your car that don’t affect the original paint job.
- Tire and wheel coverage. Offers coverage from everyday driving hazards, such as glass, nails and potholes that may damage tires.
- Theft. Helps you recover the cost of your stolen car.
- Windshield repair. May help you repair or replace your damaged windshield. Includes applying a glass strengthening product for damage prevention.
- Leased car wear and tear. Covers the cost of excessive wear and tear to a leased vehicle, such as dents, dings and paint scratches.
- Warranty bonuses. Many of the company’s extended warranties come with additional coverage for roadside assistance, trip interruption, towing, tires and rental reimbursement.
How reliable is Old Republic?
Old Republic Insured Automotive Services has 41 years of business experience. It also holds a Better Business Bureau accreditation and A+ business rating.
The Old Republic Insurance Company also showcases solid financial history with a Superior (A+) rating by AM Best.
Pros and cons of Old Republic commercial car insurance
- Specialty insurance provider. Old Republic specializes in warranty and add-on coverage so customers can enjoy wide auto protection.
- Quick claims. The company says it delivers most claim payments within 72 hours of receiving all the necessary documentation.
- Extended warranties with bonus coverage. The company provides extended warranties for new and used cars. Many plans include add-on services like roadside assistance and trip interruption.
- Lack of website info. The company’s automotive section may leave you with unanswered questions, some we found by digging in unexpected places.
- Poor customer service. When we contacted customer service, it took three tries via email, Twitter and phone call to receive a response.
- Works best for auto dealers and insurers. While the company doesn’t exclude individuals or other business groups, its products cater to dealerships and insurance companies. These businesses can then sell the products to their own customers.
How to contact Old Republic
Old Republic provides several ways to contact them about its auto products:
- Phone. Call customer service at 800-331-3780.
- Online. Use the company’s contact form on the website to get in touch.
- Email. Send over your questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Mail. Send regular mail to:
8282 South Memorial Drive, Suite 202,
Tulsa, OK 74133-4352