Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
Trade forex online with OANDA
Trade on OANDA fxTrader or MT4 with instant execution and no requotes whenever the markets are open.
OANDA is one of the biggest forex traders in the world with multiple trading platforms, including MetaTrader4 (MT4), which you can use to trade 90 major and exotic currency pairs five days a week. But it doesn’t allow for much freedom in creating your own trading strategies.
What trading platforms are available?
OANDA’s trading platforms, fxTrade and MT4, are available across desktop and mobile.
- OANDA fxTrade. Available with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems as a practice or live trading account, fxTrade lets you create sub accounts and trade 90 different currency pairs and silver and gold crosses.
- OANDA fxTrade Mobile. OANDA fxTrade Mobile is compatible with iPhones, iPads and Android smartphones and tablets.
- MetaTrader 4. Available on Windows, MT4 supports the use of expert advisers to automate trades. This trading platform is funded from your OANDA fxTrade account.
|Spread fee – AUD/USD||–|
|Education and resources||Yes|
|Does it offer fixed spreads?||–|
|Is it MetaTrader supported?||Yes|
|Minimum deposit required||No|
|Compatible devices||iOS, Android, Windows|
|Payment methods||Bank transfer, wire transfer, ACH transfer, check and credit card|
|Demo account available?||Yes|
What trading levels are available with OANDA?
OANDA offers two account types: standard and premium. Both account types come with most of the basic features, such as:
- 70 FX pairs
- Multiple platforms
- API trading
- 24/5 support
In addition to all of the features found in the standard account type, premium offers the following:
- Minimum account balance of $20,000
- Dedicated relationship manager
- Unlimited free wire transfers
- Priority service queues
- Updates every 5 minutes on the MT4 open order indicator
The trading levels on OANDA depend on the platform you wish to trade with. OANDA provides two main trading platforms: fxTrade and MT4.
|fxTrade||N/A – Trading is performed in units. No minimum or maximum applies.|
What are the benefits of using OANDA?
OANDA has developed a good reputation in forex trading, mainly due to these benefits:
- Customer service availability. OANDA provides in-house live chat, email and telephone support five days a week.
- No minimum deposit. New traders can start with any trading amount.
- Strong analytics. OANDA comes with many analytical tools such as position ratios, top 100 statistics, and a 24-hour order book summary, all across multiple trading platforms.
- Instant approvals. All orders are executed instantly, without any requotes or rejections.
What to watch out for
OANDA doesn’t have many flaws, but there is one particular drawback:
- Lack of development features. Some traders prefer to create their own trading strategies, but OANDA isn’t the best platform for these features.
Is OANDA for me?
OANDA forex trading is available for individual and corporate customers.
OANDA provides a demo trading account you can use to practice trading with virtual funds before opening a live trading account.
The OANDA’s practice trading account doesn’t expire, so you can use it for as long as you like. You can reset the 100,000 virtual currency limit and change your leverage level as many times as you like.
You can create a live trading account right away if you want to skip using the demo account.
OANDA is one of the leading platforms in forex trading that comes with many features that could appeal to many types of traders. Its analytical tools and instant approvals could suit experienced traders, while having no minimum deposit amount and the ability to trade in virtual currency could appeal to newcomers.
But it’s limited to only forex trading and doesn’t allow for much freedom in creating your own strategies. Before deciding on any trading platform, it’s best to compare other options to find one that suits you best.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The best debit cards for kids for 2021
Support your child’s financial knowledge and teach the important real-life money skills in a safe and controlled way with a kids’ debit card.
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
11 pieces of investment advice from experts for beginners
What is good and bad investment advice?
Best Portfolio Trackers of 2021
Crypto portfolio trackers are a must to stay on top of your crypto investments. Here’s our list of the standout trackers to consider with pros and cons for each.
Best Stock Trading Apps & Platforms in the US
The best trading apps come with low fees and are easy to use.
Coinbase vs Robinhood
Discover which exchange is better suited to cryptocurrency trading after comparing things like fees, security and features.
Fast trades, advanced tools and low commissions for experienced traders.
Best IRA accounts of 2021
Check out the best IRAs with the lowest fees and the most useful features.
How to use Curve Finance for DeFi
Learn how to use Curve.fi for trading, providing liquidity and earning interest with this simple guide.
T. Rowe Price review
Features, fees and complaints to consider before you apply for a T. Rowe Price account.
Ask an Expert